Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need A Truck For A 10 Year Old!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:10 AM
NOIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need A Truck For A 10 Year Old!

My 10 year old grandson (who is very smart) wants a nitro monster truck. Of course being a die hard RC Hobbyist, my first thought was to go buy a killer truck, but he is only 10 and not sure if he'll stay at it. On the other hand I don't want to buy a truck prone to problems or over abundance of tuning/tweaking. Can anyone give me some suggestions that are reasonably priced, but still a fast basher?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:43 AM
vwb563

Default RE: Need A Truck For A 10 Year Old!

Assumining it doent have to be a 4X4 I would say a nitro Stampede. Mine is easy to tune and maintain and plenty fast. Tough as nails and parts are everywhere.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

1+ a nitro Stampede with a .15 engine geared for low end would do the job.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:00 AM
monsterbrad

The only thing with Nitro is there can be issues with tuning and being a newbe that may be discouraging.
A good brushless anything now days with some good batteries is a better starter truck.
The Stampede comes brushless also and is a very good truck for a beginner
If he wants something 4 wheel then that will depend on how much you want to spend
I have been in the hobby for over 20 yrs and have had just about every truck out there so PM me if you have any questions or email me
[email protected]
Old 11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
scoobs92

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would agree with the bl setup but when your a 10 year old your not gonna wanna wait for the batteries to charge to only get 15-20 minutes of run time from it and when your a kid nothing is cooler than hearing your own engine run and being in control of it if u have the funds a revo would be best but i had a nitro pede those trucks are fun and durable and easy to work on pretty basic i got my son a tmaxx and he loves it and he got that when he was 8
Old 11-24-2009, 01:35 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

l would by him a Truggy first.Bit more durable through the drive line.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:54 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

I would agree that a brushless setup would be better and that your son would have much more fun running it. My 8yr old son has a brushless Stampede that he has been running since he was 6. I have just started letting him run lipos in it and he gets about 40mins of good hard bashing on a 2s 5000mah lipo.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:27 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

get a pede, put the stinger in it with a 6 cell 3300, that should work for a beginner