Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tricky tricky question about a tmaxx

Well my tmaxx was running great the other day. I just bought another "supposobly" running tmaxx. Well it wasn't running, nothing at all was running about it. But it had a lot of nice parts on it. So what I did was took the complete front clip and rear clip and bolted it up to my chassis. Now for some reason the transmission is in reverse. The shift linkage is backwards now. Instead of being pushed in to go foward it is pulled out to go foward. Well I ran it for just a bit like that and now I have stripped everything out. Is it possible both diffs were installed backwards? The tranny was working on it before I put the new parts on it.
    Losi 8ight T 2.0, Big block T-Maxx, T-Maxx 2.5, Brushless Losi LST mini, Traxxas Slash

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: tricky tricky question about a tmaxx

Yes with the diffs in backwards the truck would move foward when the tranny is in reverse. This would explain stripping the gears also as the reverse gearing is not designed for speed.
    T-Maxx Fan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: tricky tricky question about a tmaxx

Thanks, that's kinda what I figured in the first place.  I just wanted to ask before I tore everything back down again. 
    Losi 8ight T 2.0, Big block T-Maxx, T-Maxx 2.5, Brushless Losi LST mini, Traxxas Slash