Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tricky tricky question about a tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:59 PM
slickcb2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tricky tricky question about a tmaxx

Well my tmaxx was running great the other day. I just bought another "supposobly" running tmaxx. Well it wasn't running, nothing at all was running about it. But it had a lot of nice parts on it. So what I did was took the complete front clip and rear clip and bolted it up to my chassis. Now for some reason the transmission is in reverse. The shift linkage is backwards now. Instead of being pushed in to go foward it is pulled out to go foward. Well I ran it for just a bit like that and now I have stripped everything out. Is it possible both diffs were installed backwards? The tranny was working on it before I put the new parts on it.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:06 PM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: tricky tricky question about a tmaxx

Yes with the diffs in backwards the truck would move foward when the tranny is in reverse. This would explain stripping the gears also as the reverse gearing is not designed for speed.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:26 PM
slickcb2000
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: tricky tricky question about a tmaxx

Thanks, that's kinda what I figured in the first place.  I just wanted to ask before I tore everything back down again.