Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

nitro too lipo

Old 02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
domizgood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro too lipo

hi guys

i used to have a nitro 3.3 revo but dont have much time any more and im wanting the 1 16 e revo vxl. im new to electric so please help. i would like to get some lipos for it and a 240v (uk) charger with all connectors but dont have much of a clue of where to start

cheers dom
Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 PM
CR500rider

Default RE: nitro too lipo

honestly i wouldnt waste your time or money on the 1/16 e revo. i saw one run the other day and it kept getting stuck in the soft dirt because its soo small and light and from the lack of ground clearance. it just seemed like a little kids toy. however it was kinda fast running 2 batteries with the series connector. if you plan on running it on pavement then it might be ok, but pavement pounding is not my cup of tea.......i like to see dirt flying!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Jgaff2

Yea I would get a full size erevo or emaxxx if you plan to go throughreally rough terrain.Otherwise, I don't know what lipo batteries are good for the 1/16 revo.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 AM
snoking16

I would ask this question over in the small scale forums. And i agree with these guys. If your going to go electric you can do one of two things, Convert your 3.3 to a brushless system or just buy a full size e revo.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full size is always better but little revo is one of the best if not the best of its size class, and its speed is awsome for jumps !
It can be set up to run onroad, and really turns some heads at the 1/10th drift track !
Its to nimble for real rough terrain at high speed, thats where big revo comes in.
The 1/16 e-revo brushless with 2x 7.4 LIPO batteries will blow a 1/10th revo away to 50 klm/h then big revo just flies past it !
Old 02-26-2010, 01:50 AM
domizgood

thanx for the replies guys but my questions havent really been answered yet. I want 1 16 revo because have i have 2 young kids a stay at home wife who looks after them and a buisness to run so not a huge amount of money and even less play time. So can i get some advice on the batterys and charger please
Old 02-26-2010, 01:56 AM
snoking16

look at the small scale forums. They can answer all your questions. they have battery set ups already talked about.
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8846989/tm.htm]Mini E Revo Thread[/link]