Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Trade Brushless E-Maxx for Ten-T?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 AM
rezac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade Brushless E-Maxx for Ten-T?

I have a brushless E-Maxx, it has a Tamiya esc but it can only handle 3s and no lipo cutoff with a Novak HV 4.5 motor. Retail prices were $229 for the esc and $179 for the motor, I just put the Robinson slipper clutch in it and the Big Bore shocks on it. I haven't run it yet with the new shocks. I am debating on trading it for a brand new Ten-T. I can sell the DX3S since I already have one. I have read people are only getting about 6 minute run times with the Ten-T? I have 2 1/5th scales and the E-Maxx and a Stampede. Any input? I have run many nitros in the past. I just want some input since I have never run the Ten-T before.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 AM
snoking16

Default RE: Trade Brushless E-Maxx for Ten-T?

The ten T looks like a great truck. I kinda want one. but if im going to drop some coin ill probably just get the 8T 2.0 kit.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:53 AM
rezac

Even if it was an even trade for the Ten-T?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:04 PM
hasek1616

id stik with the e maxx even if it was a trade, speed would be comparable but id give the edge to the e maxx depending on the gearing and i havent heard too many good things about the ten t, maybe just buy a mamba monster system and then youd be able to smoke any nitro
Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 PM
rezac

Yea, I need a new ESC some day here, I want to run 4s and my esc can on;y handle up to 11.1v.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 AM
hasek1616

yeah with 4s in it itll beat the ten t and if you get 6s then itll destroy it, nitro is fun but brushless with lipo is unbeatable in terms of speed, plus the e maxx is a way better basher and especially with the big bore shocks
Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 AM
rezac

My motor can only handle up to 4s if I remember right. I ran it for a while yesterday on 3s and all it would do is wheelie and flip over backwards. It was fun. 4s I think would be to much for it. It is the 14.4 e-maxx so it has all plastic gears and such.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:49 AM
hasek1616

oh i thought you were talking about the 16.8 volt one, then if you have the chance try out the ten t and see what you think, they would be comparable in speed and bashability i think, but do you have experience with nitro?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:57 AM
rezac

When I first got into the hobby I ran nitros only, I help friends with theirs frequently. Now I run gas and electric. The 16.8v and the 14.4 volt would go the same speed with the same brushless setup right?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:00 PM
hasek1616

yeah but with the 14.4 volt since its plastic gears you cant use anything above 3s like you said before, but with a 16.8 volt with the metal gears you can use 6s which is a whole other world, so id say take the ten t if you want to or better yet buy a 3905 emaxx and then youll be set, or basically any other metal geared truck
Old 03-14-2010, 12:07 PM
rezac

I wouldn't mind putting the mamba monster in one. The motor I have hauls ass. I am not sure how it compares to the mamba monster on 6s though. It sure does haul though. Here is the motor I have.. http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...tem/index.html. I can't remember the model of the ESC I have off the top of my head.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 PM
hasek1616

but youre right that your motor can handle only 4s, so you could trade for the ten t which wouldnt be too bad or if you want to go faster then buy a mamba monster system, tekin is good to but theyre a little more expensive if i remember right, try www.kershawdesigns.com and take a look at their revolver brushless motor, theyre supposed to be just as good as the castle motor
Old 03-14-2010, 12:16 PM
rezac

The problem I am seeing with the ten t is the short run times, like 5 minutes, is this true?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
hasek1616

i think that that may be attributed to people not knowing how to use the push start correctly, if you do get it just make sure you know how to do that right, and keep the transmitter because it has a special button for the ross, so you could just sell your other transmitter if you wanted to, plus you could always make it a pull start
Old 03-14-2010, 12:25 PM
rezac

Well, I meant runtime as in running out of fuel. It is a real small tank. I have a dx3s already running my FG and my Redcat. I know the battery is only supposed to last 30 min or an hour or so but I don't want to be filling up my tank every 5-6 minutes when I get 20 min or more per battery pack on the emaxx
Old 03-14-2010, 01:14 PM
hasek1616

the fuel tank is 75cc's so that is kind of small but id imagine that couldnt be that hard to find a larger one, traxxas makes theirs 150cc so you could probly just use some doble sided tape or zip ty it onto the chassis
Old 03-14-2010, 02:37 PM
snoking16

i would trade in a hearbeat if its strait across. You will love that thing. The Ten T would own even a revo on the track and bashing. Its a smaller truggy. Truggys are better then MT's in almost every aspect besides ground clearence. and even then the truggys flat chassis acts like one huge skid plate that skips over rough terrain. Thats just my opinion because i have owned a few Revos and Tmaxxes. and now i have a thunder tiger ST-1 truggy as well as a Kyosho inferno STR. and both of them take more of a beating then my revos or tmaxxes.
Im not hating on MT's. they have their place. Its just what are you looking for in your truck? Im actually thinking about getting another MT cuz i do miss the look of them.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:25 PM
rezac

I just like stuff that is easy to tune and still gets good run times and still has ground clearance because I tend to run it in taller grass. I like brushless stuff because of the instant torque. I have heard the ten-t has a pretty impressive motor in it. I like the remote start idea. It doesn't look like there is any room to add another fuel tank to the truck. I would have to do some studying on it I guess. I think I will do the trade. The E-Maxx hauls ass but it flips over a lot and easily.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:28 PM
hasek1616

if thats what your looking for and you want to stick with electric just get an e revo and put your e maxx system in it, but if not then the ten t should be a good choice, tell us how it goes
Old 03-14-2010, 04:04 PM
04DarkShadowGT

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. A 3S max esc on a e-maxx is pretty much worthless and Im not a big fan of Novak but given that I would do it no doubt. If it was a Tekin or MMM setup on your maxx then maybe not.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:15 PM
rezac

On 3s the maxx hauls. It balloons the tires like crazy. I think I will go with the Ten-t. It has better handling all around which is what I really want. I have two 1/5 scales right now so I don't really need a monster truck anyways if I look at it that way. I have a 1/5 MT and a 1/5 buggy/truggy.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:44 PM
big hec

hi everybody I have the ten-t and let me tell you this thing is cool if anybody knows about the eight-t from losi it's the same but in a smaller version it has so many hop up on it right out of the box it's crazy the only thing I will change is the fuel tank because it is small for the engine but I am trying to see if I can put the eight-t fuel tank in it for more run time at the track and it's a new truck and maybe losi did not think it was going to be a big buzz because it's a 1/10 scale and everybody is running 1/8 scale at the track but good luck and see if you find one because every site that do carry losi they are sold out you can check it out at horizon hobby .com and you can go on losi.com and on youtube.com see it for your self I hope this helps in your choice
Old 03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
rezac

I have seen a lot of youtube videos on it. I think I am going to do the trade and see if I can make a bigger tank fit on it. Or maybe just convert it to brushless. We will have to see. The LHS has a few of these left so I know I can get a hold of one. A friend of mine has the ten-t and he is impressed so we will see what happens. I need to get a hold of my friend at the hobby shop and go from there.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:00 PM
big hec

OK just have fun and what ever you go with the hole thing is to have fun
Old 03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
rezac

i agree. If I get rid of the emaxx I will have 3-3s batteries not in use.