Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Revo 3.3
70.00%
T-maxx
20.00%
E-maxx
10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

what is best car

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 PM
seth p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what is best car

now i am looking at the 1/16 e-revo, thank you all for your input
Old 03-20-2010, 10:12 PM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

Yea, I fly. I just got back into cars cause my son did and it is a blast. If the T-Maxx is out-dated then I am really out-dated. Befor my Maxx, my last truck was a Tamiya F-150. That was probably 10-15 years ago. I have been flying for at least 30 years. Got probably 20 planes that are flying and only the one truck, that is running. Let me know how you like the Revo. I will more than likely get one next! Good luck and happy bashing.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well l have a 1/16th E-Revo as well and they, like there bigger cousin, are tough as nails, and with LIPO , its a rocket !
Old 03-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Hags

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

There is nothing the T-maxx 3.3 does better than a Revo 3.3, not one thing. The Revo is more durable, it handles better, it has a much better designed suspension, etc.

Some will say the e-maxx has more clearance, but throw on the LT rockers and springs and the revo has as much or more clearance.

If you can afford the diff in price, its a no brainer. The maxx trucks are outdated designs.
I am wondering why you think Revo is more durable then T maxx? I do have a T Maxx (first RC ever, #4908) I have Upgraded to aluminum Bulks and rear is RPM true track 50wt oil in shocks and newest upgrade is OS .21 tm. I have broke 1 Aarm, wheelie bar, front bulk head, front & rear skid plates, bumbers and mounts all of which was when first got it and jumping 5 ft highin below freezing weather on pavement. My 2 best friends got revos after I got mine and they have broke there fair share of stuff (IMHO about the same durable). I am not saying T Maxx is better because revo has better handleing for track, but to say it does nothing better is a streatch IMHO Tmaxx better Basher, Revo better Racer and are both equal in a straight race. This all my opinion from running only with my buddys for about 2 months
Old 03-21-2010, 01:07 PM
seth p

How does the 1/16 e revo handle, is it twitchy?
Old 03-21-2010, 02:49 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Yea there twitchy because they have so much power and there so light/small.You can have alot of fun with twitchy !

Hags, the T-Max is no where near as dureable as a revo mate, the t-max shock towers are PISS WEAK and bust all the time in jumps, also the chassis is not as strong, also the revo outright smashes it for handling, for racing the revo is a no brainer over a max, the T-Max is and old design that they refreshed a little, nothing more, and l dont care about the couple of experiences you may or may not have had that to you prove a max is as good, because week after week, we see the T-maxs and savages bend and bust stuff in the same 15 to 20 foot high jumps as the revo does, over and over, eventually the revo will pop suspension shafts, the max simply breaks the rear shock tower almost every time if you dont land it perfect, meh, heap of shiat.no offence.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:22 PM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: seth p

now i am looking at the 1/16 e-revo, thank you all for your input
I went bashing with a friend a few weeks back and his buddy brought his 1/16 revo which was cool because i had always wanted to see one go. It seemed pretty fast but kept getting stuck in just normal dirt....no rocks or sticks or ruts....just flat dirt that was kinda soft. its soo light and has no ground clearance it just kept getting stuck, he had to keep pushing it with his foot lol. Kinda lame. I was thinking of buying one for my kid untill i saw his. I wouldnt waste my money on one if i was you.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Sounds like you were driving in a forest !
Mine goes where the big one goes ......just not as fast as they do.
Expecting a 1/16th to handle like a 1/10 scale is just stupid.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:42 PM
James c harrell

Yea I bet there are alot of desert tracks down under! Just kidding, I'd give my last set of axles to be able to go over there and show you a real T-Maxx. LOL!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

my 2cents.......there was a comment earlier that ''There is nothing the T-maxx 3.3 does better than a Revo 3.3, not one thing'' i disagree with this.....the tmaxx is lighter outta the box therefore faster....that is the 1 thing.....now that being said i still would choose the revo over the tmaxx because in MY OPINION the revo is designed better and is a better race ready truck and also a bit tougher....however in MY EXPERIENCE the revo isnt as friendly to work on but id still give the edge to the revo.......as for the erevo or the emaxx i have no expirence with these trucks at all but i do know nothing beats the sound and smell of a nitro burning engine.....have fun and good luck!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 02:28 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Im not the one who made that comment digger, but, lm yet to see a RTR  T-Max beat a RTR revo out of the box, because the revo is lower and its nose takes more energy to lift, giving the front wheels more traction for longer, makeing the revo alot faster of the line, on any surface.
The Max may look a touch faster on paper, but on the track or road, that paper is worthless.

The E-Max is fast, like E-revo, but its biggest problem is the shock towers, and they break way before the E-revo's ,in fact l havent broken a revo shock mount or any part of the suspension bulkheads, ever.You have seen the height l jump too, over toilet blocks.l broke my assosiated truggy there with a nose landing, couldnt see the damn thing.Smashed the carbon fiber shock mount !

Anyway, so James, whats a real T-MAx look like, post a pic , did you see my real E-Revo flying like a bird there over that brasco , heres a thought, take that real Max of a jump like that one, over a toilet block, and then post a pic of it ! LOL ! See if you can snap a mid air shot too, like the one in the above post. We land on grass. Ex footy field. Mid air shots rock !

Old 03-23-2010, 02:30 AM
snoking16

what the hell is a toilet block?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:52 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

A set of dunnies in a park made of brick, about 4.2 metres at the top hat ! See how high my revo is above that ! lul !

This is what the T-Max's dark secrets are !

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9604337/tm.htm

jk
Old 03-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

im not trying to argumentative here at all but my buddy and i bought a tmaxx and a revo on the same day and we broke them in together tuned together and both were tuned the exact same ...........tmaxx the winner in a heads up race 3 outta 3 times on pavement..........the revo needed almost a half turn in on the HSN to keep up to the maxx at which point the revo was running almost 20F hotter........ps i would never post something like above by just reading it somewhere...paper or no paper the tmaxx was faster outta the box..........now maybe this was a rare thing i dont know but i seen what i seen with my own eyes...........but as stated b4 i give the edge to the revo hands down as to which truck to buy
Old 03-23-2010, 05:22 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

all  good !
Old 03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
snoking16

damn piddlefoot...that was low.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

im not sure if piddlefoots comment with the link to my post was meant to be a burn on me or wha? im kinda confused,but either way its no big deal i aint here to have immature virtual fights with anyone!! ..........all i know is when ya put an engine in ur tmaxx with almost an extra horsepower over the stock 3.3 ya gotta expect broken parts.........my picco .26 max red dot is a wheelie popping, tire spinning,part breaking lil beast and all the broken parts are worth the new found power of my 4.27........i will put my picco powerd t-maxx head to head with any revo any day!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 PM
James c harrell

If your in the dirt giving it H###, if your throttle finger works when your sleeping, It don't matter what your driving. Which ones tougher, don't know, I bet I could trash both in a couple of minutes, if I can't I know my boy can. Just ask my wallet!! Like Piddlefoot said "It's all good". And Piddlefoot, I will get you some pics and video of my "real T-Maxx", Soon as I get it fixed. That's funny, I don't care who you are!!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:56 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Thats all funny stuff, l wasnt havin a go at ya max wheelie  !
l dun care who you are either ! lmao @ that.
Tell you whats funny though, you having to fix that 'real' T-max before you can do anything with it, hahaha, is that common ? ! LOL  ! mybad

Oh and my throdle finger is buisy at night, and it aint with a remote !

l have a nose to pick ya know !

Old 03-24-2010, 06:04 AM
James c harrell

Hey , If ya ain't breakin it you ain't driving hard enough. Heck I bought the thing to bash it. And yea it breaks alot. Half the fun is fixing it. Bad part is paying for it. I need a sponsor.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

There is nothing the T-maxx 3.3 does better than a Revo 3.3, not one thing. The Revo is more durable, it handles better, it has a much better designed suspension, etc.

Some will say the e-maxx has more clearance, but throw on the LT rockers and springs and the revo has as much or more clearance.

If you can afford the diff in price, its a no brainer. The maxx trucks are outdated designs.
I disagree wih this completly. There has never been a better platform with more aftermarket support than the t-maxx. I am working on 5 different T-Maxx trucks over the winter and no 2 are even close to each other. I am building 3 Revos and the chassis/ suspension on them is the best on the market IMO but it will never replace the T-maxx. I run both and would not give up either.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
RCnutz

I own T-maxx and Revo and for racing in 1/10 scale Id go with the T-maxx. It is much easier to setup for racing than a Revo and it is also a little lighte out of the box.
Most people like the Revo because it has an interesting design.
I like the Revo for the suspension travel when jumping and going over large rocks and such but for racing it is a complete turd!

A T-maxx can be easily lowered and tuned for great cornering ability while a Revo cannot! You have 3 settings on the push rods and thats it! Body roll is there no matter what you do with the stock truck. Without a sway bar kit it is a complete turd as far cornering on a flat surface goes. If the surface is banked than it's not a big deal.

I am working right now on turning a REVO 3.3 into a road car for racing on asphalt only. I already tried the stock truck lowered using pushrods and with stiffer springs and it has huge amounts of roll while my road T-maxx just slides in a turn at high speed and that is with stock parts excepting inner shock shaft spacers.

For someone starting out in racing nitro trucks, I would recommend the T-maxx 3.3. It's much cheaper and easier to set up for racing with very little extra expense compared to the REVO.

This is my 2 cent opinion.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

hahahaha revo owns a T-MAx on a track ,after revo has won so many events over so many years , its just funny to see the bs people talk about em, there crap.

The only reason T-Max has such a great aftermarket parts thingy, is because its been around so long and every company that does mods, knows for a FACT that all T-Max owners are going to be constantly replacing parts they break.......lol crap truck.

It doesnt need to replace the T-Max, the T-MAx is comparable to a savage, its game over, Revo outright pwns them both.

You dont know what your doing if you cant set a revo up for racing, they set up like truggies, no T-Max will beat a truggy in a race, and its the same for the revo, your in dreamworld if you think that T-Max's can compete in that class with revo's, they cant and the track record stands for itself in the race arena.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
RCnutz

hahahaha revo owns a T-MAx on a track ,after revo has won so many events over so many years , its just funny to see the bs people talk about em, there crap.
How many races have you won with your Revo? Do you really trust Traxxas about their race wins? Maybe they are talking about the ALL Revo race at the Traxxas nationals. Revo wins there all the time! LOL It's advertising!

T-maxx is the cheaper and better deal for a nitro beginner!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

one more thing to add to this topic as to why a revo is a better investment........a tmaxx will not accommodate a true big block engine without buying an expensive  extended chassis and longer center shafts.......modding a tmaxx to set it up for a true big block engine here in canada will cost in access of $300 plus the cost of ur new engine.......and once you get bored of the 3.3 most people will be looking for more power and with the tmaxx you will be limited to just a few engines to choose from.........if i could go back in time knowing what i know now i would have spent the extra $100 or so and went revo.......a revo will take almost any engine size with little to no mods!!.................BUY THE REVO DUDE,YOU WILL BE MUCH HAPPIER NOW AND IN THE LONG RUN!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.