Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Revo 3.3
70.00%
T-maxx
20.00%
E-maxx
10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

what is best car

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:40 PM
RCnutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what is best car

Big Blocks are for bashing. You won't see racers run big blocks in their Revos or Tmaxxes. The 3.3 will spank any big block in a race if tuned properly.
Big block is for suckers with money to spend. They do nothing but break stuff. I want a truck I can run at speed not a truck that wheelies everytime I touch the throttle. Thats only fun for a tank and then it gets old.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: RCnutz

The 3.3 will spank any big block in a race if tuned properly.
Is that a joke? I hope so because im laughing pretty hard over here!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

baaahahahaha............are you trying to say that every single tmaxx and revo owner at our race track are running losi 4.27 big blocks or picco mid blocks because they want their trucks to go slower? get a grip dude a 3.3 tuned to the max  will NOT touch the losi 4.27 even running really rich........the 3.3 is a POS.......we hooked up a gps to my picco .26 and it ran at 58mph.......my buddies losi 4.27 at 63mph.......and my old 3.3 at 38mph........i seen this with my own eyes and all engines were tuned by the owner of our hobby shop............and yeah if they are set up a certain way they will wheelie all day in 2nd gear if set up a different way they are just fast, barley any wheeling at all unless u really try!.........ps how long does a 3.3 last.....5 - 6 gallons.......my picco has a gallon and a half through it and the pinch is still as tight today as the first time i started it.....ez start still wont turn my engine unless i heat it with a heat gun.....so while ur replacing ur 3.3 im still gonna be running my picco.....id have to replace alot of drive shafts to equal the $$$ u will spend on replacing 3.3's
Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
snoking16

yeah...the old 3.3's have way more power then my Rb523. thats why i wasted money on the RB 523. Just to see it go slower. HAHAHAHA im sorry RCnutz but your RCU name says it all. your a nut and you have no idea what your talking about.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

I don't know about the BB engines spanking the 3.3 but I do know that it don't take a BB to do it. My 18 TM does it all the time. If your banking on the 3.3 to win you a race over some of these guys BB engines you probably don't know them very well. Either you have been running with some off tuned engines or some-one who just can't drive. Power is Power. How it handles on a truck, any truck depends on how the truck is set up and how the operator can drive. You can put 5 HP on a Revo and get out run by a 2.5 T-Maxx if the guy knows how to drive. That's why it is called racing! It's all in tune, set-up, talent and alot of the time, LUCK. But it is always fun!!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with James c harrell. It does not matter how fast you go in the straights if you can't make the turns. That said a mid block set up correct will out a 3.3 set up correct on either a Revo or T-maxx. I run both on both platforms and can beat most with a 3.3 because I have a better setup. But I can run faster laps with the bigger engine.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

agree completely about the set up of ur rig.for turns.........but in a heads up drag race there is no way in hell any 3.3 is going to beat a mid or big block.......unless of course ya flipper over on her lid off the line!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
ArloRogers

Back when I first started this hobby there were no good motors and esc's like today. Nitro was where all the power was. As a result I never got into electric. Todays top electrics are lighter and faster than there nitro counter parts but just not as much fun for me. I'll stick with nitro and my T-maxx's/Revo's. I also run a 1/8 CEN Nemesis 7.7 thats tons of fun.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

7.7??? is that the engine size??......if so do you got any vids of that beast?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cen 7.7 cc engine is over square, ask an engine designer, thats not great. More fuel less power per mill of fuel.
Not saying its a shat motor before any of yall get peed off at me, just that its inefficient.

In anycase a LIPO brushless revo will smash it , at that point whats the point of nitro massive blocks !
Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 AM
snoking16

the CEN is also a huge 1/8th scale. more like a 1/7th, if there were such a thing.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:29 AM
James c harrell

Hey, I just thought of something. Where did Seth go? I haven't heard nothing from the OP in a while. You guys think about it. Poor guy is just thinking getting into nitro and we are all throwing all this stuff at him. Me included. If you are still there Seth, Start with something simple. You are going to have a hard enough time getting a nitro tuned right and getting it to run consistent. I will venture to say that, even if you were to get a Sherman tank, you are going to break all kinds of stuff so what car or truck really doesn't matter. Just about all Traxxas trucks are excellant for a start. Go with the break-in suggested and after that start up-gradeing. You will see where you need to up-grade by what you break. These guys, and me, will be here when you need advice. Every-one of us have a different opinion on what is best. I like a good O.S. mid-grade engine but still get goose bumps when I hear a 427 rocket past me. Have some fun and half of that fun is finding out your-self what works best for you. By the way, how did the poll go?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:31 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

james that was well said my friend but just to add to ur comment a little bit i think we got alot off of topic with the war between big,mid and small blocks.....sorry for that seth,i hope we havent confused or discouraged you to much....lol......no matter what you end up getting in the end you will still have fun and thats the main thing here.........enjoy ur new hobby and bepatient while tuning,pay close attention to the dvd that will come with ur new truck,and after the first couple tanks check for loose screws!...........have fun,bash hard and break stuff !!!!..............................scott!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:31 PM
snoking16

^^+1 for james
Old 03-26-2010, 03:09 PM
ArloRogers

The CEN Corsa 7.7 is a .46 engine and yes it drinks gas but it developes more torque at a lower RPM than any other engine out there fot the price which makes it perfect for mountian climbing and bashing. For racing it is a boat anchor, 2.9 pounds w/ exahust and limited top end performance.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:24 AM
seth p

Hey guys, sorry haven't posted i have been pretty busy. The poll went the way I thought it would the Revo 3.3 stands in first place. If I end up going with a nitro i will go with the revo so, thank you all for your comments.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 AM
James c harrell

Cool choice. Let us know how it goes. I still got my hopes of getting a Revo too. Then again I want just about every truck I can get. Good luck and enjoy.