Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
REVO
69.44%
T-maxx
30.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

TMAXX VS. Revo POLL!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 02:17 PM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMAXX VS. Revo POLL!!

ORIGINAL: t-max97

ORIGINAL: moron88

i voted maxx and i dont own either!
i have driven a maxx (the good ol' pro .15). i like the design better than the revo, i hate the rocker suspension.
monster trucks are not suposed to handle well, they are ment to wheelie, jump, crash and ask for more.
i have never ran a revo nor do i plan to.

You hate the suspension! Iv'e never heard of any one that hates revo suspension!
now you have!
to me rockers dont say monster truck ( and yes i am aware that one or two real monster trucks use rocker or something simular).
Old 04-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

ORIGINAL: RC_Diablo

ORIGINAL: MPevine11

who voted T-maxx and why?
I was the first one who voted for the Tmaxx last night... I voted for it because its what I have haha.. And when I was looking at buying a truck I looked at the Revo and The Tmaxx I chose the Tmaxx because for one it was cheaper and two I liked the way it was laid out better than how the Revo was..

The reason I didnt post anything last night is because I knew everyone would just say Revo was better and get mad about me saying the Tmaxx lol
haha dude never be afraid to speak ur mind.........a lot of people do think that the revo is better and in certain ways i agree,but in other ways i do not agree........but as always in these polls no one is coming up with anyreasoningfor their votes.......gee the revo costs $200 more so it MUST be better,what a pile of crap!!!.........i dont think anyone will ever be able to prove one being better then the other,these 2 trucks are soo similar its all gonna come down to personal preference.......both use all the same quality parts the engine and trannys are the same,the tires and rims are the same......the only real difference is how the suspension works and how that affects how the truck handles.........if i was buying a race only truck revo all the way if i was buying a basher why spend an extra $200 for something that wont jump any higher,wont go any faster,and wont take any more of a beating,id just go with the tmaxx

Old 04-10-2010, 02:42 PM
RC_Diablo

Im not affraid to speak my mind ha.. Ill tell you quick like what I think lol.. But im not gonna waste time arguing over which is better... If it were somthing more important than yeah id be alot more active on the subject
Old 04-10-2010, 02:51 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Mr Max Wheelie

I was the first one who voted for the Tmaxx last night... I voted for it because its what I have haha.. And when I was looking at buying a truck I looked at the Revo and The Tmaxx I chose the Tmaxx because for one it was cheaper and two I liked the way it was laid out better than how the Revo was..

The reason I didnt post anything last night is because I knew everyone would just say Revo was better and get mad about me saying the Tmaxx lol
haha dude never be afraid to speak ur mind.........a lot of people do think that the revo is better and in certain ways i agree,but in other ways i do not agree........but as always in these polls no one is coming up with any reasoning for their votes.......gee the revo costs $200 more so it MUST be better,what a pile of crap!!!.........i dont think anyone will ever be able to prove one being better then the other,these 2 trucks are soo similar its all gonna come down to personal preference.......both use all the same quality parts the engine and trannys are the same,the tires and rims are the same......the only real difference is how the suspension works and how that affects how the truck handles.........if i was buying a race only truck revo all the way if i was buying a basher why spend an extra $200 for something that wont jump any higher,wont go any faster,and wont take any more of a beating,id just go with the tmaxx

I have owned both so i'm not biased and talking up the revo just because I like how it looks,I had an old t-maxx so the newer ones might be better but with my experience with both the revo jumps and performs better than the t-maxx. Some will say the t-maxx jumps better but thats there opinion and this is mine so don't get mad at me i'm just saying what I think about the two.

Old 04-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

haha dude never be afraid to speak ur mind.........a lot of people do think that the revo is better and in certain ways i agree,but in other ways i do not agree........but as always in these polls no one is coming up with anyreasoningfor their votes.......gee the revo costs $200 more so it MUST be better,what a pile of crap!!!.........i dont think anyone will ever be able to prove one being better then the other,these 2 trucks are soo similar its all gonna come down to personal preference.......both use all the same quality parts the engine and trannys are the same,the tires and rims are the same......the only real difference is how the suspension works and how that affects how the truck handles.........if i was buying a race only truck revo all the way if i was buying a basher why spend an extra $200 for something that wont jump any higher,wont go any faster,and wont take any more of a beating,id just go with the tmaxx

I have owned both so i'm not biased and talking up the revo just because I like how it looks,I had an old t-maxx so the newer ones might be better but with my experience with both the revo jumps and performs better than the t-maxx. Some will say the t-maxx jumps better but thats there opinion and this is mine so don't get mad at me i'm just saying what I think about the two.

hahaha no dude dont get me wrong im not mad at all,to each their own.......all i wanna hear is why and how people believe that the revo is worth the extra money,ya never know ya just mite be able to change my mind lol but probably not

Old 04-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Hags

Well I think both are even, But vote T Maxx cause thats what I have, but am very famlier with revos. Price point is why I went T Maxx and liked the looks. Now if I had to do it all over probly would spend a little extra and get LST XXL I have spent alot upgrading my T Max and still have more work to do but I think dollar for dollar the T Max is better for all around razzing, my opinion. But to each there own and every one is intitled to there opinions and I hate how people try to force there opinion on everyone else. ALL RC"S BREAK, NON ARE PERFECT.  Shawn
Old 04-10-2010, 05:39 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont hear anyone saying why they vote revo........id really like to hear some reasons beside the bull **** ones that have already been brought up........the poll out come does notsurpriseme most of you guys just go with whats new and which you THINK is cooler and the biggest reason is jumping on the band wagon with no logical explanation as to why......lets have a an educated debate,educated being the key word here

ok.

IMHO the revo looks way better, it can be set up high like a T-Max or low and slick like a formular one machine, for looks the revo kills the max, and a savage looks better too for that matter imo.
You can jump a RTR revo much higher than a RTR max out of the box.
The revo IS much stronger around the suspension joints and shock tower assembly.
The revo absolutely has more travel in its suspension and can absorb far more impact on landing big jumps before breaking a part, the ONLYway a max can do this is with UE parts, its not RTR.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2347.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2346.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2345.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2344.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2343.jpg

l vote revo because it a better truck all round, better handling, better jumping, better looks, the only thing max does better is ease of working on it, revo is a litle more technical, but its a better designed machine, you expect that.
A revo can wheely as easy as a max out of the box, because it comes with all the crap to set it up stiff, like the max is.
A revo is more expensive than the max, but its also better than the max, so what gives there, it can be used to race competitively out of the box and it will smash the t-max's on the same track out of the box, then it can be used to bash with them and still outlast the RTR max.........worth 200$ more im my opinion.

Revo, specificly E-Revo brushless will utterly embarras a T-Max/E-Max at around 90klm/h on a ROADsurface, its here you see some major engineering differences, only one of these machines really handles that power well, the other just struggles to keep it all together.
l own both.E and nitro machines, l have alot of other Traxxas machines, and l would use my FLUX over the E-Max, for control reasons, for strength reasons, but then the E-revo IS stronger than the FLUX as well, because of e-revos awsome plastic chassis.
After owning all of the above and still owning all of the above, you can cleary see in the pictures the ones lm willing to jump to such heights, you wont see MYmax up there , ever. = death for it.
l jump the E-Revo and my assosiated brushless to those hieghts, nothing else has survived, max, flux they all bit the dust, and they all landed on there wheels.

Is that a good enough reason....?

And l dont care if you disagree.Its just an opinion built from experience.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Jgaff2

I originaly voted revo but now I am on the verge of voting T-MAXX!!!!!!!!!!The only bad thing is that I have heard the Tmaxx's have bad half-tank lean. Also as I said before I have an Emaxx and I like it very much and the Tmaxx also seems closerly (yes, I know) related to Emaxx's than revo''s do!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

ORIGINAL: piddlefoot

i dont hear anyone saying why they vote revo........id really like to hear some reasons beside the bull **** ones that have already been brought up........the poll out come does notsurpriseme most of you guys just go with whats new and which you THINK is cooler and the biggest reason is jumping on the band wagon with no logical explanation as to why......lets have a an educated debate,educated being the key word here

ok.

IMHO the revo looks way better, it can be set up high like a T-Max or low and slick like a formular one machine, for looks the revo kills the max, and a savage looks better too for that matter imo.
The revo IS much stronger around the suspension joints and shock tower assembly.
The revo absolutely has more travel in its suspension and can absorb far more impact on landing big jumps before breaking a part, the ONLYway a max can do this is with UE parts, its not RTR.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2347.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2346.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2345.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2344.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/beerfood/RC%20collection/IMG_2343.jpg

l vote revo because it a better truck all round, better handling, better jumping, better looks, the only thing max does better is ease of working on it, revo is a litle more technical, but its a better designed machine, you expect that.
A revo can wheely as easy as a max out of the box, because it comes with all the crap to set it up stiff, like the max is.
A revo is more expensive than the max, but its also better than the max, so what gives there, it can be used to race competitively out of the box and it will smash the t-max's on the same track out of the box, then it can be used to bash with them and still outlast the RTR max.........worth 200$ more im my opinion.

Revo, specificly E-Revo brushless will utterly embarras a T-Max/E-Max at around 90klm/h on a ROADsurface, its here you see some major engineering differences, only one of these machines really handles that power well, the other just struggles to keep it all together.
l own both.E and nitro machines, l have alot of other Traxxas machines, and l would use my FLUX over the E-Max, for control reasons, for strength reasons, but then the E-revo IS stronger than the FLUX as well, because of e-revos awsome plastic chassis.
After owning all of the above and still owning all of the above, you can cleary see in the pictures the ones lm willing to jump to such heights, you wont see MYmax up there , ever. = death for it.
l jump the E-Revo and my assosiated brushless to those hieghts, nothing else has survived, max, flux they all bit the dust, and they all landed on there wheels.

wow very cool pics piddlefoot!!!! im glad someone finally came out with some good solid reasons for their vote....i agree with mostly everything you said except the revo not breaking as much.....the guy i bash with has a revo and he is at the hobby shop every bit as much as i am..........the tmaxx and the revo both stock are just as capable of hitting major air without breaking but yet they both could break just as eazy by hitting a curb the wrong way.....usually when im with my revo buddy we switch just for something different andneitherone of us believe one truck is tougher then the other......he has a lot more experience then i do with rc's and no matter if hes using my maxx or his revo he beats me most of the time,but the day we bought them and tuned them my maxx beat his revo in a drag race on pavement 3 outta 3 times with me driving the maxx then we switched so he had my maxx and he beat his own revo 2 outta 3 times and the only reason it was it wasnt 3 outta 3 is because my slipper nut loosened up so all maxx did was rev off the line.......thanx for sharing those awesome pics man!!!! thumbs up!!

Old 04-10-2010, 07:12 PM
t-max97

i dont hear anyone saying why they vote revo........id really like to hear some reasons beside the bull **** ones that have already been brought up........the poll out come does not surprise me most of you guys just go with whats new and which you THINK is cooler and the biggest reason is jumping on the band wagon with no logical explanation as to why......lets have a an educated debate,educated being the key word here

ok.

The revo absolutely has more travel in its suspension and can absorb far more impact on landing big jumps before breaking a part, the ONLY way a max can do this is with UE parts, its not RTR.
http://<font color=''#00265e''>http:...347.jpg</font>

http://<font color=''#00265e''>http:...346.jpg</font>

http://<font color=''#00265e''>http:...345.jpg</font>

http://<font color=''#00265e''>http:...344.jpg</font>

http://<font color=''#00265e''>http:...343.jpg</font>

Revo, specificly E-Revo brushless will utterly embarras a T-Max/E-Max at around 90klm/h on a ROAD surface, its here you see some major engineering differences, only one of these machines really handles that power well, the other just struggles to keep it all together.
After owning all of the above and still owning all of the above, you can cleary see in the pictures the ones lm willing to jump to such heights, you wont see MY max up there , ever. = death for it.

I can't believe that the erbe is stronger than the flux! Are you sure?lol
Old 04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
rckid66

revo all the way, beacuse its can both race and bash. also the revo is way cooler
Old 04-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

[quote]ORIGINAL: rckid66

revo all the way, beacuse its can both race and bash. also the revo is way cooler
[/quote

way cooler? huh i wonder why the tmaxx is still the number one selling monster truck of all time? are you saying you cant race a tmaxx? putting the extra couple hundred into a tmaxx that you save by not buying a revo makes the tmaxx a very capable race winning truck!! if money was no object look to UE or DACE and you could build a tmaxx that with the rite driver would never lose to a revo

Old 04-10-2010, 08:27 PM
t-max97

I agree that with some upgrades the t-maxx could be a very race worthy truck but out of the box the revo is already race worthy and bash worthy and with some upgrades a revo would be an even better racer/basher.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Hags

Just thought I would share this video of My T Maxx in action today enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muTZaiheqsw

Shawn
Old 04-10-2010, 11:06 PM
skrankz

I voted Revo, I own both and they both are entertaining.. I prefer the revo for the simple fact that its wild as h**l and gets some attention when its flying across the field I run in... Mr Maxx just doesnt really compare although with the way its geared and with a Gen 1 maxx i can actually let my son play with it.. Oh and one last thing on the way down, the guys I thrash with also have Revo's, lol thinking about taunting my nieghborhood with a trio or Revos drag racing the culdesac..
Old 04-10-2010, 11:15 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

The E-Revo is definately stronger than the flux, the flux has a metal chassis that bends far before the revo plastic one breaks, the revo one can flex better.Also l seem to crunch diffs in heavy not quite perfect landings in the flux, but the revo cops it, l think they flex better around the running gear as well.The Flux does look nice and sounds scarry but...
The other thing l noticed with the FLUX out of the box, was the front end bumper bar can flex so much the pins that hold the suspension arms on, fall out, there held in by the bumper bar and its a poor design, lve lost a shaft/pin because of this and had to clip tie the front bumpers together to stop it happening again.The LIPO battery holders also have holes in them,  that sort of piss me off, because you risk your soft cells if you drive on blue metal rock or an area with alot of sticks,  they can puncture a lipo instantly.
l got my flux before my revo, l felt when l got the revo it was a good upgrade in the E-MT range.
l couldnt say it was a step backwards.
Thats not to say that l dont like all of them and still drive them all, even if not as oftern as l used to before lipo brushless.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:21 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

I agree that with some upgrades the t-maxx could be a very race worthy truck but out of the box the revo is already race worthy and bash worthy and with some upgrades a revo would be an even better racer/basher.
A lot of people talk about how "out of the box" the revo is a better racer/basher. I guess I agree with that. My only quarrel with it is that the revo is about $200 more than the t-maxx. I would think that a better "out of the box" comparison would be a stock revo and a t-maxx with $200 worth of upgrades.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

ORIGINAL: Hags

Just thought I would share this video of My T Maxx in action today enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muTZaiheqsw

Shawn
that looks like a great place to play! nice vid bud!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

A lot of people talk about how "out of the box" the revo is a better racer/basher. I guess I agree with that. My only quarrel with it is that the revo is about $200 more than the t-maxx. I would think that a better "out of the box" comparison would be a stock revo and a t-maxx with $200 worth of upgrades.
GOOD CALL BUD +1

Old 04-11-2010, 12:00 AM
meef rustler

The tmaxx is large and based on my friends tmaxx its kind of sluggissh compared to the revo. The revo is way better.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

ORIGINAL: meef rustler

The tmaxx is large and based on my friends tmaxx its kind of sluggissh compared to the revo. The revo is way better.
baahaha the tmaxx is lighter then the revo....revo weighs 4.75kg........tmaxx weighs 4.06kg......thats a huge difference a tmaxx will beat a revo outta the box in a heads up drag race ive already proven this!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 01:47 AM
cumquat

something some of you dont seem to get, the revo was built to race, the maxx wasnt. of corse something that is bilt for the track will out preform something built for the back yard. would you expect a focus to win the baja 1000? no, you wouldnt.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:49 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

If you take a 3.3  T-max and a 3.3 revo, out of the box and fuel them up, put them on tarmack,  the revo will smoke the T-Max all the way up the street.
The T-Max will wheely very easy out of the box, the revo doesnt, and thats what makes it faster of the line, far more front end traction and its lower stance, the by product being better control.
Also the T-Max comes with tyres that gain less traction than the talon revo tyres.Out of the box this is a disadvantage.
On paper the max is faster, on the road however the revo eats it and its paper weight stats.

The E-Max is as fast as the E-revo pretty much, the revo just kills it for control.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:20 AM
cumquat

piddle, the tmaxx 3.3 comes with talons.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Hags

If you take a 3.3 T-max and a 3.3 revo, out of the box and fuel them up, put them on tarmack, the revo will smoke the T-Max all the way up the street.
The T-Max will wheely very easy out of the box, the revo doesnt, and thats what makes it faster of the line, far more front end traction and its lower stance, the by product being better control.
Also the T-Max comes with tyres that gain less traction than the talon revo tyres.Out of the box this is a disadvantage.
On paper the max is faster, on the road however the revo eats it and its paper weight stats.

The E-Max is as fast as the E-revo pretty much, the revo just kills it for control.
I have T Maxx 4908 and my buddy has the newest Revo , in a drag race with stock tires and gear on dirt its a dead tie need a camara to see who is just barely ahead. This is my experaince Oh the 2 newest T Maxx's come withe same tires as the revo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.