Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Got an E-Maxx 3905 roller, planning on BL, input appreciated.

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Got an E-Maxx 3905 roller, planning on BL, input appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
deviltrigger529

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got an E-Maxx 3905 roller, planning on BL, input appreciated.

Alright guys, our 2 slashes are fun and all, but I crave a little more/bigger, so I have been throwing around the idea of an e-maxx, new or used, roller and what-not.

Well last night I won [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220593800359&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT]this 3905 roller[/link] for $170 shipped and I know I'm going to want to go BL right away. I planned on getting the MMM 2200KV combo from TH for about $215 with my super saver club discount so that would put me at about $400 for basically a brushless edition e-maxx am I correct? Is there anything else that would be essential for this job? It did come with the stock radio gear but I'll probably sell that off for like 15 or 20 bucks since I already have one as a backup. I'll be running on 4-6s LiFe(going to experiment to see what I like). I already have 2 3s LiFes to try out 6s but I will be ordering more 3s packs and probably 1 or 2 2s packs to see what I like. So when I get the ESC, should I just get a series connector battery harness and just connect it to the main esc plug(once TRX plugs are on obviously), or should I have my LHS permanently solder together the series harness to the ESC? I wont be doing any of this for about a month to get funds up, I just wanted to get everything straightened out now so that when I'm ready I am prepared with a list of parts I need.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:18 PM
pigpen1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Got an E-Maxx 3905 roller, planning on BL, input appreciated.

you do know this is a nitro forum
Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
deviltrigger529

Actually no I didn't, it doesn't say anywhere that this is nitro specific and i've seen other e-maxx threads in here with no one saying "this is a nitro forum."
Old 04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Jgaff2

I've heard that 2s works best with the MMM. Sometimes I think they overheat with 6s, but I don't know much about MMM cus I'm getting Novak HV Pro 5.5. Anyway, do you think that the LiFE batteries work better than lipo? What does it stand for anyway?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 PM
deviltrigger529

Do you mean 2 x 2s for 4s? In that case I think that might be kind of slow since LiFe cells have a lower voltage than Lipo. 4s LiFe is only 13.2 volts and then 5s is 16.5 volts and 6s is 19.8 volts. I think I'll be ok with 6s but will most likely run 5s. LiFe is basically a variation of Lipo, still the same cell count, just a little lower voltage but also easier to care for and longer life cycles. I have 2 3s LiFe packs that I use for my slash and they're great.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:46 PM
pigpen1
My Feedback: (2)

im sorry man i thought it was