Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t-maxx roller

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 01:28 AM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default t-maxx roller

i have a t-maxx rolling chassis and looking to get ideas for engine and exhaust within a tight budget. any opinions ,ideas ,what you would do is welcome. here is a couple pics.

this thing was entirely brown when it was given to me two years ago with caked on sand, oil, mud, and other debrie.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:56 AM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: t-maxx roller

That's awesome dude, good job cleaning it up.... Too bad it wont last that way. Do you have any other rc's? Or is this your first?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:49 AM
rcslsafut

if you are within a tight budget the best option imo
is the traxxas engine .for aaround a hundred buck's they have the 2.5r
or for a little more you could go with the 3.3
there are a crapload of engines out there but on a budget i would say
those are probably yoour best option!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:47 AM
bigdogkanicsar

no, this isn'y my first by any means,however it would be first t-maxx. i have the trx 2.5 and its missing all the screws for the engine. i got it two years ago and tore it down and wound up using some parts to repair another guys t-maxx. i also have a losi MLST2 and associated NTC3 with a HPI s25. i've have several others before these. savage, ofna mbx, losi xxxnt, nitro rs4 mt, nitro rs4, nitro 4-tech( which came and went like the wind, possesion wise), tamiya hornet, micro rs4. to me traxxas motors are pretty much junk, not to knock anyones choices. they are just not what i want. i thought about frame extension and a big block of sorts, maybe i'll have to make something, as far as chassis mods. here are pics of the other two vehicles i have.

i do have the tools to make my own parts ,just not engines. i've been about the ofna .32 or the picco max .26 red dot as these are both within reach. thanks for the input. thanks for the props on cleaning.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Snook Man

Seeing how the roller looks to be a stock 2.5 maxx the entire drive line will need to be upgraded to have any chance of enduring the torque of a .32 or .26.

The diffs, center and wheel shafts will not stand a chance.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:27 PM
bigdogkanicsar

i do have plans to switch out the drive lines and diffs, so, i hear ya there.