Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 3.3 Diff. oil Stock Weight

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Revo 3.3 Diff. oil Stock Weight

Hey guys,
need to know what is the stock weight oil that the Revo has in the Differentials.
Thanks!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:56 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo 3.3 Diff. oil Stock Weight

ORIGINAL: Kenrico

Hey guys,
need to know what is the stock weight oil that the Revo has in the Differentials.
Thanks!
Isnt it packed with grease stock? Don't think they ship em with diff fluid. Could be wrong though...

Old 06-10-2010, 06:04 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo 3.3 Diff. oil Stock Weight

ORIGINAL: dug44

ORIGINAL: Kenrico

Hey guys,
Thanks!
Isnt it packed with grease stock? Don't think they ship em with diff fluid. Could be wrong though...

And I was.... You got me thinking on this one, so I found the spec/review...

The differentials of the Revo have been beefed up substantially, and bear very little in resemblance to the ones found in the Maxx. The plastic housing that holds the differential no longer has left and right sides, but rather front and rear halves. This is a common setup found with 1/8 scale buggies. It will also eliminate the difference in gear backlash that the Maxx would often see when the plastic case screws were torqued down differently. Also the bearing on the ring-gear side of the differential is 8x16mm, which is beefier than the 10x15mm bearing found on the other side of the differential. The 8x16mm bearing can handle the much larger thrust forces that are dished out on the ring-gear side of the differential. You'll also likely notice that, in keeping with the theme of sealed bearings throughout the Revo, these bearings are sealed as well.

The plastic case halves also have threaded metal inserts in them as well, which helps to increase their holding strength. Hex head fasteners are a common sight throughout the Revo, and the differential area is no exception. Hex head screws hold the differential housing together as well as the differential itself. The small stainless screw screws found in the Maxx differentials don't hold a candle to the hardware that's used to hold the Revo's differential together.

Just like with 1/8 scale buggies, the differentials are rubber sealed and filled with oil instead of grease. To accomplish the sealing of oil inside the differential, Traxxas uses x-ring seals around the output shafts. An x-ring seal effectively create two sealing points instead of one, like a standard o-ring seal would have. This virtually eliminates the chances of the differential leaking oil. The use of differential oil, as opposed to grease, allows you to better tailor the action of the differential to suit your tastes, or track condition. The differentials come filled with 30,000 weight oil, and Traxxas offers 10,000 and 50,000 weight separately. You can also find many other weights through aftermarket vendors that were made for differentials of this nature.

here is the address... on this site.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...e_id=409#specs