Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

hump back or flat cells?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:38 PM
mjg3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hump back or flat cells?

I have been running my t maxxs since since the classic days. never really put any thought about the reciever bats. Until i have dusted them all off and have been rebuilding them, and updating them. os 18 cvr's 4 of them, tradded in the old radio/rec. for the 2.4, and hi tec servos. also driveline upgrades etc. etc... My question is about upgraded batteries. where and how to mount? i have done the zip tie method and seems to shake loose. Any ideas or help would be greatly apperciated any pics also! thanks Mike
Old 09-04-2010, 02:01 PM
koyote

Default RE: hump back or flat cells?

Hope someone replies to this post, I was at Lhs this morning, and couldn't decide either.[]
Old 09-04-2010, 02:44 PM
mjg3

i know someone outthere is running aftermarket batteries in their tmaxxs
Old 09-04-2010, 08:30 PM
koyote

humpback or flat?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:29 PM
chuckstattoos

well reall it depends on what ou have the space for i have a hump pack on m maxx 5 cell dont get the traxxas ones tho go for something with more milli amps per hour i have a 1400 and i love it the both have the same power. its reall a preferance thing i guess and where your gonna put it
Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 AM
mjg3

how would mount them i have used zip ties but they seem to vibrate loose. would velcro work ? any pics of mounted batteries thanks mike
Old 09-05-2010, 09:42 AM
chuckstattoos

i put little pieces of foam on the chassi under the battery pack and used a zip tie to hold it hasnt came off yet put the zip tie in between the batteries tho youll get a tighter squeeze
Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Snook Man

There are many ways to attach both a hump pack and flat pack, you just use your imagination.

As said above, zip ties can be used to secure the pack to just about anywhere the pack will fit. I have ran them both zip tied to the shock tower and on top and under the chassis with no problems as long as you secure it well.

Some aftermarket battery boxes are large enough to fit a hump pack as well. Its all comes down to user preference.

Custom straps for under chassis mount of flat pack.

Zip tied to front shock tower.

Hump pack and receiver mounted in front of shock tower on a Puller Maxx for added weight on front for traction.