Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New T-maxx break in.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 01:08 AM
koyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New T-maxx break in.......

I bought a new 3.3 Tuesday, and followed traxxas' break in instructions. I have spent all day today running a rich engine as a toy for two prey driven boxers in my back yard. (That was a good play to get wifie off the cash).
The truck has a heck of a lotta zip to it, even though it is running rich. So rich in fact that it smokes the dogs out, as well as very little "lean" when you pinch the fuel line to shut it down.
The idle is great, punch out is strong with very little hesitation, and the torque is strong enough that it almost shifts into second before the front tires hit the ground. Tomorrow I start leaning her out a bit.
I raced associated cars in the early eighties, flat racers with a spur and pinion and little else. I am going to enjoy "tuning" the suspension,(as soon as i figure out what I want the truck to do) but for now.......I am just gonna have a blast!
Thank you for all your posts, us old guys need teaching as well...

Mark
Old 09-03-2010, 07:21 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New T-maxx break in.......

Sounds good. My G/F's Chihuahua's Hate my Tmaxx. Can't say I blame them. So I try to run mine when they are in their room.
Sounds good though. Don't forget your after-run oil or WD-40.
Later,
John
Old 09-03-2010, 08:34 PM
rooker
My Feedback: (1)

Does anybody have a dog that will not go crazy chasing their trucks?
Old 09-04-2010, 01:00 PM
koyote

Here's yesterdays wild times. About fifteen minutes after the photos were taken I wrapped the maxx around a ginko tree.
Back to the lhs this morning, 1 hour of work,
right front upper and lower sus arms
Shocks,
pins,
(A new fuel filter! BLING!!)
And a clutch
I think my wife has went to look at another DAWG. (Good Lord)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56157.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1495177  
Old 09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
koyote

Hey big block.
I run this truck every day(so far). I assume that after run oil is for long term storing?
How long would you let your truck sit without using after run oil?

She is SWEET! smooth break in.Fairly Smooth tune up. Cranks cold like a champ. I run it slightly rich.
Easy to work on too.
CRAP . I sound like an ad for traxxas.

I did , however, eliminate the blue glow plug wire, and use my own lighter. When I was tuning over to top end I had a little trouble with starting until I got it right. That took some electrical pressure from the hand starter, and put a little more zip to the starter motor.

I put progressive rate springs on the sus this morning, and lowered the ride height (smooth ground). She handles well without turning over on sharp turns a lot better, so the dogs had better BEWARE.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:20 PM
rooker
My Feedback: (1)

Nice truck, I just purchased wheels and tires like those to go on my Tmaxx

The dogs remind me of my childhood.  My next door neighbor had a brindle boxer named buddy.  He would play a guitar if ou put it front of him!!  I have always loved those dogs.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:18 PM
del1969

Find a construction site and beat the crap out of it.
Start saving for a new motor. They dont last long if dont baby them.
I run the crap out of my maxx, I change the filters after every run, spray around the plug with some wd40 to clean around it.
Pull the plug and drop some after run in there. Then the next weekend it is back for more. Dont expect over 3 or 4 gallons on this motor.
I avarage 2 to 3 gallons on the 3.3, but I dont baby it. I get about a good 2 months on a motor bashing every weekend.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:37 PM
koyote

Well Rooker, just got back from bashing in the front yard with a few of my friends.
Earlier this evening, "angel" (in the back yard) slashed two of my front tires. Even though I was expecting it, I was hoping it wouldn't be quite this quick.

Tomorrow morning, I will post pics here, and maybe I can find a "lexan genius" to tell me how to build a wheel faring for a "dogs' truck".

Happy holidays!

Del.... I hope I don't have to "baby" it to damned much;if so, I'm afraid I have already went to far.