RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   T-maxx upgrades? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/10308506-t-maxx-upgrades.html)

mkruse 02-06-2011 01:35 PM

RE: T-maxx upgrades?

Yea, I realized i had my spur gear to tight, didnt realize anything about slipper clutch until i was about to take off the spur gear last night, last time I replaced it I didnt know what I was doing... Atleast now I do... And I was doing some fast whoops when my diff broke and it was only the rear hitting hard because the front was only skipping

mkruse 02-06-2011 02:12 PM

Also what are the plugs in the spur gear for???

rooker 02-06-2011 07:03 PM

they are friction pegs

racemaxx24 02-06-2011 07:50 PM

Yep, the pegs are basically the pad that most trucks use in their slipper assembly. They make for a pain sometimes in reassembly. [:@]

mkruse 02-06-2011 08:54 PM

Thanks guys and I was down at my lhs today and the guy hates my truck, he hates traxxas and always says I should get rid of it and get a lst.... I hate going there but its the only place to get parts. Are anyone elses hobby shops like this

madtruck1 02-07-2011 04:58 AM

ORIGINAL: mkruse

Thanks guys and I was down at my lhs today and the guy hates my truck, he hates traxxas and always says I should get rid of it and get a lst.... I hate going there but its the only place to get parts. Are anyone elses hobby shops like this

not the same, But when i brought an off brand in their to get a standard servo, they would not even look for one....Since then they have gotten nicer...I just go ask for name brand parts that would fit mine...

mkruse 02-07-2011 12:46 PM

he doesnt want anything to do with my truck either he wants to put only losi parts in it and complains about it

madtruck1 02-07-2011 12:49 PM

he doesnt want anything to do with my truck either he wants to put only losi parts in it and complains about it

sorry man i know how ya feel

racemaxx24 02-07-2011 12:54 PM

Best way to handle that is to grab a few things you look like you need and bring them up to the counter like you're ready to pay. Ask them a question about your T-Maxx and if they give you any lip at all, throw the stuff on the counter and say "do you really want this business or not because I could care less to move to online shopping (or name another LHS)". 3 times out of 4 they will continue on and won't give you any trouble, mostly because they need the business. It works, I did it with a guy at a shop here (it's a dump of a place but hey, i'd rather shop a sh*thole than wait for stuff online ;)) who always gave me a hard time over still owning an Overdrive ST and since then, he couldn't be happier to see it come in the door.