RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Traxxas Summit (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/10928810-traxxas-summit.html)

pyromatic177 10-06-2012 04:13 PM

RE: Traxxas Summit

What batts are those?

TheKennyKiller 10-06-2012 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

What batts are those?
You know, the ones with C ratings that are about as high as their prices. ;)

thehuntingterminator 10-06-2012 09:53 PM

Lol Maxamps?

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

What batts are those?

jedirt 10-06-2012 11:50 PM

Finally GF went to Ikea to spend probably same amount of money as my Summit :) But then I had some quality time to drive the truck.<div>
</div><div>I added some more pictures in my dropbox if you want to have a look. I noticed the tires worked quite well on the rocks but the servos were quite weak. Could it be as the previous owner had left them fighting each other? That was the first thing I corrected when I got the truck. Also I have to change to a new Low voltage alarm. That thing started screaming at 3.8V, I have understood that 3.4V is at least still a safe voltage?</div><div>
</div><div>enjoy the pictures even as I forgot to change the lens on the camera so I could not take any wide pictures.</div><div>
</div><div>https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m0uhpcz23nuvn39/W1RPnOAf6W</div><div>
</div><div>Happy Sunday.. Now it's Pike fishing time! :D or first bacon and eggs as driving the summit makes me hungry!</div>

TheKennyKiller 10-07-2012 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

Lol Maxamps?

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

What batts are those?

Yup, bought em before I knew better, about their only saving grace is that they are waterproof. I keep my SPC batts as far away from water as possible.

TheKennyKiller 10-07-2012 12:46 AM

Nice pics jedirt.

sollie 10-07-2012 08:09 AM

Nice red summit you got there jedirt.

Today I took the summit out for some 5s lipo bashing and crawling. Broken front fender , busted headlights(my son launched it out from a cliff) and stripped one Pivot Ball. But it delivered , all the way.

Video in a couple of hours. Stay tuned folks :-)

sollie 10-07-2012 10:26 AM

Today's fun

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8udHarcJ230&list=UURNlga8sE0qJBcPb_5FFovQ& index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]

crawling vers later.

Summit is Beast!!! 10-07-2012 10:46 AM

Nice summit drift at 3:17!

sollie 10-07-2012 11:28 AM

the one at 3,30 is better. :-)

sollie 10-07-2012 12:18 PM

Crawling .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY2uUP-J5gc&list=UURNlga8sE0qJBcPb_5FFovQ&index=1&feature =plpp_video[/youtube]

damn this car is fun

jedirt 10-07-2012 08:59 PM

The truck sure is quick with 5s. I understood you can only run 2x 2s. Hope you get all your broken parts fixed quickly.

sollie 10-07-2012 09:41 PM

No problem on 5s. all the video is from one pack(set)and I have left alot out. so it's great fun. I hook the 2s on the wires with the red label on it(been told that because of the internal BEC) but I have read that that dont' matter either. Anyhow, the light were a ripped wire, front fender will hold up a bit more and the pivot ball is back in place. Problem is, and is what I suspected, many of the bearings are toast, almost hard to turn by hand, seems prev owner had a love for the sand pit...

sollie 10-08-2012 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and they were. All lubed and back in place again , but I will order some new ones asap

Summit is Beast!!! 10-08-2012 06:07 PM

I just replaced all those also...they lasted 8 months. Cant believe it with all the water i drive in. Here is my losi micros first run today. This thing is alot of fun to be so small. I was going to drive it for a few months then sell it for a profit since i got it so cheap but man i like this thing!!!<div>
</div><div><span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">http://youtu.be/b5Jd2WyrgOg</span></div>

jedirt 10-08-2012 11:01 PM

I also plan to check bearings but first I will drive the truck only cleaning and oiling it up after each run. So wet outside here so it's water all over the places.

I've been thinking on getting a losi micro crawler also. Just haven't found any used ones and new is like 55GBP + 21GBP freight to Finland from UK where I found the cheapest one.

For my 2 Zipppy 5000mha lipos. I think they are in quite bad shape. When I changed to a new low voltage alarm, It starts screaming already after a few minutes if I drive the summit to 110%. But when I check the voltage it is ok. Or could it be that the 20C the batteries have is not enough? For crawling and going in low speed it's working ok.

sollie 10-09-2012 06:58 AM

Not an lipo expert, but maybe one cell is dropping the V below the alarm limit if you bash hard. (if I drive the summit to 110%.) I recon you mean hard driving ? :-) 20c Should be enough for a car, but if they are old and abused then maybe they are not up for the task.

I would say have a look and see if everythink is spinning free. I though mine was but I tell you, those bearings were so grindy one of the axel hardly moved when I spun it with my hand. And i low gear you really don't notice anything wrong since it has the power . have a look at the spur/piniong mesh to. Second hand is second you know .-)

jedirt 10-09-2012 09:39 AM

The axles feel quite ok, does not take much power to turn around. I will have to check the mesh again. <div>
</div><div>But my guess is that the lipo is in bad shape. At least one of them take about 2 hours to re-charge &amp; balance at 5A and the Lipo is 5A so it does not feel right. The other Lipo only take a bit over one hour. Now I put in writing on the lipos so I know which one is the slow and normal. Maybe if I put the LVA on the better lipo it will give more accurate rating on when the LVA start screaming :) </div>

sollie 10-09-2012 11:43 AM

So anybody care to share some shock fluid tip's.Thinking about getting a couple of bottles this weekend, but not sure what to pick for the summit.

thanks

pyromatic177 10-09-2012 01:25 PM

Well the stock shock wt is 50 (i think). And that's actually about perfect for crawling.

sollie 10-09-2012 02:10 PM

thanks. and while I'm at it, I think I will change some of the BB's aswell

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMm8n5wgQIk&list=UURNlga8sE0qJBcPb_5FFovQ& index=1&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]

Summit is Beast!!! 10-09-2012 02:19 PM

Wow...yeah id say those need to be trashed!

sollie 10-11-2012 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today, It got new shock oil ,50, and new springs in the back. Changed out the bad bearings, and now it actuallt keeps rolling for a moment after I let go of the throttle :-)

Summit is Beast!!! 10-11-2012 06:04 PM

I love nice new bearings....rides like a caddy:)   Well guys ive got to have some more speed!!!&gt; I want like 10mph more. Not too much. Can i get some suggestions on a BL setup that can still crawl in low gear or maybe a brushed 1 that will do 30mph. Doesnt need to be WP bc if i plan on takin it in water ill just swap back to stock.

pyromatic177 10-11-2012 06:17 PM

Well i still love my Xerun's :D