RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Traxxas Summit (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/10928810-traxxas-summit.html)

Summit is Beast!!! 01-01-2013 07:27 AM

RE: Traxxas Summit

I did it with my dremel. Took forever but i think its gonna work.

sollie 01-01-2013 10:40 AM

to much 5s for my 775 :-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uwuy8RUuo&list=UURNlga8sE0qJBcPb_5FFovQ& index=1[/youtube]

Summit is Beast!!! 01-01-2013 06:56 PM

Well the summit rode like a caddy today. I just ordered the KD dewalt motor!!!

Xseeker 01-01-2013 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At a girl! Not two?!?

so I found some damage due to bearings being destroyed. I found the two bearings that hold the read umbrella gear that you connect the drive shaft to, imploded. Due to these bearings gone, the umbrella gear was moving cause damage to the ring gear. The the rebuilding of the rear diff, I found the"i" bracket that holds the inner gears cracked in half. And a tooth completely missing. Ad could not find it, which I think it wasn't there to begging with. Might be something to keep an eye on.

<br type="_moz" />

Summit is Beast!!! 01-01-2013 07:28 PM

Na only had an extra $100 to spend. Ill get the other for my bday.

Xseeker 01-01-2013 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: sollie

to much 5s for my 775 :-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uwuy8RUuo&amp;list=UURNlga8sE0qJBcPb_5FF ovQ&amp;index=1[/youtube]
looks like you need the studded chains I got....
<br type="_moz" />

TheKennyKiller 01-01-2013 10:32 PM

Pretty full on bash session you had there sollie.

sollie 01-02-2013 12:30 AM

Yeah. I bought it used , and have had it for about half a year now, only changed the oil in the rear shock's. Other than that I pritty much just drive it and hose it down and spray some wd 40. So in sum now, the 775, 2x micro servo, front a arm and one bent rocker .

One of the micro servo's failure is my own fault, I have heard tge humming and should have looked into it, but the other one just stoped working. Those are pritty expensive I must say

Xseeker 01-02-2013 07:54 PM

What this grinding down the A arm bit,  what's the point I missed it.

TheKennyKiller 01-02-2013 10:30 PM

It's for the axial beadlock rims we have, the beadlocks rub on the arms and it's very annoying.

Summit is Beast!!! 01-03-2013 11:25 AM

Super annoying. It helped alot. I didnt beat the hell out of it as usual...it was more of a break in session but they didnt stick at all. So hopefully that worked!

stuball56 01-04-2013 07:32 AM

I've had my Summit for about a year now. I have upgraded it with alot of parts and I now have a BUNCH of $ invested in this truck. It remains my favorite RC vehicle. I have Planes, boats, helicopters, but the Summit is my fave. I have not had ONE major component fail! The worst damage was my fault when I ran into a street sign at high speed during a "stealth" run at about 2am one morning. Broke a front A-arm. I have aluminum diff cups made by a guy in Germany, and have never had a problem with my diffs. I have the DeWalt 14.4v motor in it. I just put some chains on the tires for winter, looks and performs just awesomely. I also have been wanting to try an Outerwears cover, been using Saran wrap, lol. The cover works and looks great. I was wondering why I spent $45 on this cover, but once I got it and put it on, I am very happy with that purchase. I just LOVE running this truck in the snow. The only worry I have is my $150 HiTec servo that I put in for steering. 450oz of torque! But I get nervous getting it wet. That said, I did dunk my truck in the pond, oops, went completely under and I drove it out, with NO apparent problems, even with the lipo's getting submerged, and that happened last summer. I am more satisfied with this truck than any of my other RC's. All the rest could go, but not my Summit.

Xseeker 01-04-2013 08:38 AM

I purposely look to sink my summit lol. Got a bunch of vids showing that. The summit is one of my favs as well, but it's hard to complete with my trex 600 EFL pro. Just so much rush flying those things. But I'd say its even with my heli. Can't get enough of it.

stuball56 01-04-2013 11:49 AM

I have 5 helis, largest is a Blade 450 3D. Never flew it yet, just spun it up. Working on my Summit right now, getting ready for some 4 wheelin' in the snow.

Summit is Beast!!! 01-04-2013 11:59 AM

I wanna take my summit in the snow! It only comes to south alabama every few years...:(

TheKennyKiller 01-04-2013 06:32 PM

Welcome back stuball, did you do any type of waterproofing to your 450 oz-in $150 Hitec servo? I'd be more than nervous getting that wet.

stuball56 01-04-2013 06:43 PM

Sprayed it down with Corrosion X is all.

TheKennyKiller 01-04-2013 07:00 PM

That'll do the trick, that stuff works great from what I hear.

nave88 01-05-2013 09:02 AM

I too had the trex 450 it was very thrilling to fly but when something bad happened you got to take it home in a bucket :-( that's why I favored my mcpx it wasn't as cool but WAY more forgiving. <div> </div><div>Anyways this feels like its taking FOREVER to get the 600 I need I'm still at 315, and I broke... Did i say broke I mean destroyed my slash so now the only rc I have running is my 1/18 dessert truck which is still fun but if I spend any $$$ on rc it's going towards th summit for now I hope I get it before the snow quits cause that would be F'n awesome to play in :-)</div>

nave88 01-05-2013 06:26 PM

Has any body done duel vxl setup in the summit? or is the velinion motor too weak for this massive truck? The reason I ask I have two vxl combos.

Summit is Beast!!! 01-05-2013 06:36 PM

Lol those would last about .01 miles on the summit. To much truck.

nave88 01-05-2013 07:41 PM

Lol I kinda figured as much I've had the same motor in my slash for about three years now a lot of people have had terrible luck with em I actually just seized it for the first time last week when my truck blew up lol but I was able to take it apart and rebuild it.<div>
</div><div>Are you able to rebuild the 775 or any brushed motor for that matter or is it one of those things that's not cost effective being $37 where as the velinion was $125  </div>

Summit is Beast!!! 01-05-2013 08:09 PM

Cant rebuild the titan. U can rebuild the dewalt motor i just ordered:)....i think

nave88 01-05-2013 08:15 PM

How much are the dewalts you guys keep talkin about? And do they work with the stock esc?

nave88 01-05-2013 08:17 PM

I take it the dewalt has more power then the Titan and is water proof as well?