RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Nitro Stampede Vs T-Maxx (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/1787489-nitro-stampede-vs-t-maxx.html)

RCautohouse 05-04-2004 11:05 PM

Nitro Stampede Vs T-Maxx

I know this is a T-Maxx forum but I was curious how the nitro stampede runs. Obviously it is inferior to a T-Maxx that has more power, speed, and 4 Wheel drive handling. Anyone ever owned a nitro stampede ?

Nelson

GoonieAsian 05-04-2004 11:14 PM

RE: Nitro Stampede Vs T-Maxx

i have driven both the electric and nitro version of the stampede. and they are good for backyard bashing. the pro.15 motor is a finiky motor under 300degrees. it is a light enough car to pull wheelies.

R/C Madman 05-05-2004 07:36 AM

I have had 2 Stampedes and they are great little trucks! The TRX .15 Pro is very easy to tune and it likes to run hot. They are a ton of fun on gravel roads and dirt tracks but, no big bumpy stuff. If you put a Stinger pipe on it you can't keep the front end down! I am rebuilding one for my son right now and have to come up with some linkage for a slide carb.

Unspoken 05-05-2004 10:37 AM

they are fun but i dont like the high CG,it makes it flip a little to easy espceially with the crappy stock tires.its a great starter truck.my friends sister has a NPede and shes only 8.

R/C Madman 05-05-2004 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
An easy fix.

Unspoken 05-05-2004 01:17 PM

what engine you got in there.

MAXXPAIN 05-05-2004 01:33 PM

I currently own both, my son drives the stampede and i drive the tmaxx. as for performance the tmaxx is a better truck but dont count out the stampede i put an OS motor in the stampede and it is almost as fast as the tmaxx. the stampede is a great learning truck for the money.

R/C Madman 05-05-2004 06:04 PM

It is an O.S. CV-R .15!

ORIGINAL: Unspoken

DirtDriver89 05-05-2004 08:16 PM

man an O.S. CV-R .15 in a pede it must fly:D

diirtbag 05-05-2004 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my stampede is mostly aluminum with a 2" extended chassis and an os cvx it won the hill climb at a regional race it stomped the tmaxx and savage they couldnt touch it.I have seen a savage fold hard(chassis and shocks)trying to keep up on big air jumps .this thing surprises everyone that sees it run its awesome and it dominates when it comes to big air jumping

kimberklr 05-05-2004 09:22 PM

that pede would probably beat a maxx in the right conditions.my buddy has a rustler with a modified pro.15 and the thing is crazy.probably around 50 mph.

ORIGINAL: R/C Madman

It is an O.S. CV-R .15!

ORIGINAL: Unspoken

R/C Madman 05-05-2004 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: ZAD

my stampede is mostly aluminum with a 2" extended chassis and an os cvx it won the hill climb at a regional race it stomped the tmaxx and savage they couldnt touch it.I have seen a savage fold hard(chassis and shocks)trying to keep up on big air jumps .this thing surprises everyone that sees it run its awesome and it dominates when it comes to big air jumping

That is one big ***** Pede![X(] Mine just has RPM arms, ball diff, the O.S. engine, RRP steel spur, JR MG steering servo, Aluminum shocks, T-Maxx fuel tank, RPM rims and Proline tires and it had a Stinger pipe on it but, my son likes the stock exhaust so, that went back on. It's going to be a nice little truck when I get it done.

RCautohouse 05-05-2004 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am amazed at what you guys have done with a Nitro Stampede. I have a T-Maxx and want to get one more monster truck. I want another T-maxx, but I was wondering if a Nitro Stampede would be great. I am looking to have two trucks for the fun factor, not for racing. I think with the overall performance, and price difference, I am going to get another T-Maxx. Once I sell my two electric 4 Tecs in the marketplace. I already my two electric rustlers.

diirtbag 05-06-2004 09:11 PM

hey madman if youre serious about youre pede you should think about an extended chassis it took away the wheelies and let me open up the engine and let it scream,it is rather simple to build as well

Unspoken 05-06-2004 09:23 PM

my friend is making a home made chassis for his sisters N pede and is going to try and rig up a FR .18 in that thing.its going to scream!the stock .15 engine is enough to make it wheely. its already got a home made wheelie bar on it.

R/C Madman 05-07-2004 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: ZAD

hey madman if youre serious about youre pede you should think about an extended chassis it took away the wheelies and let me open up the engine and let it scream,it is rather simple to build as well
Thanks for the advice but, this is for my 9yr old son that is why when he said he liked the stock exhaust I did not try to talk him into keeping the stinger. Once he learns how to drive better I will put the pipe back on. Oh, I like doing wheelies with the Pede but, it can be a pain if you are trying to keep the font end down!:)

Unspoken 05-07-2004 11:31 AM

ill see if i can post picks of that pede.ill have to find a digi camera some where.its sweet,its nothing like any pede ive ever seen.its 2' wider and longer with a FR .18 on the way and it has savage tires. hes planning on upgrading drive shafts and such cause 1.9 horse will rip that thing apart.:D

diirtbag 05-08-2004 07:49 PM

oooh I would like to see pics

crazzyforf1 06-04-2004 12:49 PM

WOW Madman u did alot on that sick Stampede i've got a t-maxx and i LOVE IT i want to get a 4-tec some time i've got a tuned pipe,Carbon Fiber Disc Brake,lower braces(aluminum), and a skid plate and i'm gonna get a good spur gear!! it can go 45.8 MPH it's SOOO COOL!!

SamP-51flyer 06-04-2004 02:48 PM

have any of you tried gearing it for speed I mean if you could gear to where the front end stays on the ground you would prolly fly

R/C Madman 06-04-2004 03:00 PM

It is uncontrollably fast now! I see your point but, again I do like the front end up in the air when I want it to!LOl;)

MAXXacceleration 06-05-2004 01:24 AM

I run my trx pro .15 Stampede with a OS(10E) carb-seems to be way more dependable(hour straight run times easy). And I'm usuing the factory 2.5 tuned blue aluminum Maxx pipe also(which I didn't like on my Maxx). Wheelies all the time. My 11 yr old boy likes it over my N. Rustler for the wheelies.
My motor screams well at 260+- degrees. The pro .15 motor is a sleeper and with the right pipe/carb/gearing/motorsaver filter can surprise. Oh, and big bore aluminum shocks are a must. ;)

crazzyforf1 06-05-2004 08:02 AM

yeah do u know where to get cheap big bore shocks?

colin

Unspoken 06-05-2004 09:58 AM

ebay.and that idiot coverted his super pede back to normal cause his sister couldnt handle the power.[:@]he makes $60 a week in allowance!he should of just got another pede.and god is he spoiled!for his B-Day he got a nitro 4-tec with the trx 2.5 and a used and highly modded savage 21.its almost all aluminum[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]i wish i had that kinda money:(:(

SamP-51flyer 06-05-2004 11:15 AM

you and me both