RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   World's fastest RC car/truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/1816480-worlds-fastest-rc-car-truck.html)

mad scientist 05-15-2004 07:16 AM

World's fastest RC car/truck

I just got the news that there will be a no holds barred (except length- 24in.) competition in Ca sometime next year around June. They expect an electric car/truck to win- I hope to prove different. There will be classes for cars and trucks as well as individual and team cars. Anyone planning to go? I already started building mine!

R/C Madman 05-15-2004 07:21 AM

RE: World's fastest RC car/truck

I am sure from what I have seen of your projects you will have one heck of a seed demon! I have seen vids of somthing like this before and it has always been electric that took top honors![>:]

schmism 05-15-2004 10:35 PM

what are the requirements.... fastest 2 runs in like 3 min?

nitro cant match the power output over a SHORT time period that battery can put out. ie electic will always win.

fhm101 05-16-2004 01:22 AM

Cliff Lett's unofficial speed record for a 10th scale car is (I think) around 113 mph set with an electric.

mad scientist 05-16-2004 11:36 PM

Official rules are on RC car action.com. I believe that it will be held on a oval track with only 1 pass required, but the car must still run afterwards. Also no rocket power, electric or gas. The rules are pretty loose, so it should be fun.

Woodmandan2 01-16-2006 04:29 AM

hey my friend's 3 engine car went 120 and that problay wasn't even top speed. I know that caz my uncles a cop and we read it's speed.

Woodmandan2 01-16-2006 04:33 AM

but it did waste quite a bit of gas though. The problem about eletric rc cars is that if you get em to 113 is that the battery dies down in a minute. if you were racing in that race and you had an rc3 i would get an extra pack of batteries for the car and then have a switch(you can buy one at www.riders.com) and then it will automaticly switch to the other battery pack.

foxracing500r 01-16-2006 10:43 AM

I would build a custom rustler with gripper rear tires and the Bandit buggy fronts, Well I did before and it kicked ***

WAXDUMMIES 01-16-2006 10:48 PM

There is a new record in the IMDRA. Its a scale drag racing organization. The record is 92mph with a 1.57sec. et. It was powered by an RAE six-Neodymium magnet drag motor and 20 GP2200 batteries. I read this in the February issue of Xtreme Rc Cars. Theres a website in the mag, www.grandmotorsports.com, but it doesnt work. I dunno, Google it.

denfromearth 11-06-2006 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Custom works rules 160 mph!!!!!!!!!! I want to go next year and post a fast time with intimator with my 19 turn race setup and with a brushless setup.

smaxx3.3 11-06-2006 03:18 PM

got a big enough pic there:)

denfromearth 11-06-2006 04:25 PM

my first post :)

smaxx3.3 11-06-2006 04:44 PM

thats alright.

ScRacing 11-06-2006 06:09 PM

I do't mean to be the part y pooper, but they already had this race erleyer this year, and i beleave the fastest was 99.9 mph with an eletric car. the fastest nitro was a savage at like 56 mph. Now i think i could get my revo to go faster then 56, not a whole lot, but that really doesn't serprise me.

Second, there is no way you got anyhting to 160 mph, or 120, kinda confused on the 160 mph post but im not sure if you guys realize how fast that reall is. For a car to go 120 is hard enough nowdays, but do you realize how fast all those tiny little gears, moters, and tires are moving?

To scale our "toy" rc cars are more powerfull, faster, better designed, and stronger then real life monster trucks, atleast to scale? 40 mph is plenty fast for me.

smaxx3.3 11-06-2006 06:31 PM

40 mph is plenty fast for me.
yeah...to much breaks at that speed anyway:)

denfromearth 11-09-2006 06:29 PM

The record offical 134 mph unoffical 160 mph. In Car Action Custom works rules [8D] Shark

DaveG55 11-09-2006 06:35 PM

Just to throw this out there.
The last time I checked, the Nitro boat speed record was 119.35mph.

The only reason the official record was not 160 mph was the driver wrecked and could not repeat the run. The same guy does have the official record too.

wide_open247 11-09-2006 08:03 PM

I remember there was a fastest revo thread quite a while back, you could go on there for tips. You could build a pretty sick truck. Get some super crazy engine with super tall gearing, and you could do it. But you would need quite a bit of thought going into the aero dynamics. Almost need to slam the truck and put on a onroad body, only way you could get good enough downforce. Also with a fatty wing on it.

oregonrevoman 11-09-2006 09:41 PM

im gonna go several months back but there was a dude named mcfrosty i think and he was planning on doing a highway speed revo. any info on this or on him?

MBX5T Maniac 11-09-2006 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: ScRacing

I do't mean to be the part y pooper, but they already had this race erleyer this year, and i beleave the fastest was 99.9 mph with an eletric car. the fastest nitro was a savage at like 56 mph. Now i think i could get my revo to go faster then 56, not a whole lot, but that really doesn't serprise me.

Second, there is no way you got anyhting to 160 mph, or 120, kinda confused on the 160 mph post but im not sure if you guys realize how fast that reall is. For a car to go 120 is hard enough nowdays, but do you realize how fast all those tiny little gears, moters, and tires are moving?

To scale our "toy" rc cars are more powerfull, faster, better designed, and stronger then real life monster trucks, atleast to scale? 40 mph is plenty fast for me.
The unofficial, and the speed everyone aims to beat, is 160 mph. It was set by a Custom Works Brushless on a 8-cell li-po(aka a **** load of power), and a motor that produces over 2hp.

02KLX300 11-10-2006 12:46 AM

A brand new stock Nitro 4-tec is claimed at 70+ MPH and the fastest they could do last year was 90mph. Then the new 4tec is one seriously fast RTR.