RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   t-maxx vs Revo (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/2765843-t-maxx-vs-revo.html)

INSANErusty 03-14-2005 09:24 PM

t-maxx vs Revo

i would like to see your peoples opinions, i have a rusty now and im looking to get one the two. what would you guys suggest

freez 03-14-2005 09:31 PM

RE: t-maxx vs Revo

you a basher or racer

INSANErusty 03-14-2005 09:47 PM

basher, are u kidding me get an off road car to off road, not to race around on stupid tracks

freez 03-14-2005 09:56 PM

go with the revo!!!!!!!! I am a basher also and alot of people will try to tell ya that the revo is not a great basher , but it is !!!! IMO [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

sandboy75 03-14-2005 11:02 PM

I can only break my revo on the track. When I go out bashing the thing holds together like glue... Dunno maybe its just me..

PS I broke the body mount at the track on Sunday. On Saturday I spent quite a few hours in the air off of jumps and a few hours doing cartwheels on the grass. never broke a thing.......

nicholsm04 03-14-2005 11:11 PM

Get a revo, they can take the greatest beating, i jumped mine off of my 15 foot roof, only cracked the front bumper, its not even in danger of breaking either.

tzque 03-15-2005 08:26 AM

The revo is definitely stronger out of the box . The 2.5 R is also a great motor . I put one in my sons T-maxx

RayRayraycer20 03-15-2005 10:05 AM

Now I'm Glad I ordered a REVO yesterday....[8D] It's gonna be a long week:eek:

popa71 03-15-2005 10:31 AM

Go with the Revo, the Maxx is light years behind it. I had 2 T-maxxes and I loved them but I spent my fair share of money on repairs. I run my Revo twice as hard because I have confidence that it will will not break when I wipe out. I have only replaced a one way bearing in the past 7 months. The maxx is old engineering I wouldnt spend the cash on it now. The other monster trucks are far more advanced. The Revo is simply an incredible truck. Its a basher/ racer!!!!

nicholsm04 03-15-2005 10:49 AM

great choice, Revo is a very solid truck, EXTREMELY hard to break.
Dont get me wrong though.. maxx's were good trucks.. ;)

xtremraptor 03-15-2005 11:46 AM

I had a maxx and it took a good beating. was quite pron to breakage though, but cheap to fix too. i got a revo now and haven't broke anything yet..only been 2 months though give me time..
handling isn't even comparable though even for a basher. REVO will run circles around a stock maxx

INSANErusty 03-15-2005 06:31 PM

so i guess ill go with the revo after i have some bashing with my rusty, light weight rusty=huge air well ill save up for the revo in the summer when i work again and give is a little bashing