RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Picco 26 Max....the DARK SIDE.... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/4013044-picco-26-max-dark-side.html)

beelzebubishere 03-09-2006 06:11 PM

Picco 26 Max....the DARK SIDE....

How many of y'all have gone over to the "Dark Side, " with that Black and Blue, Ofna Picco 26 Max ????????????????????????????????????????????
I'll start.....I'm there, and I'm already saving for another.....

Tricks I've found that work great, and keep the grin factor at Max level in a REVO....

16/38 gearing
M/S filter on OEM REVO snorkle
Shorten theexhaust header5'16", or the length of the "bell"
Open the muffler outlet to 7/32"
Seal the carb to the crankase with "copper" RTV

HEAT CYCLE your first fuel tank....shut off every time the engine reaches 240-250F, Do NOT idle the 1st tank, run at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, watch temps, and heat cycle! Do the second tank the same way.....then 3rd-5th normal break-in. These engines are tight and will generate heat, even rich....watch those temps on the first 2 tanks.

During heat cycle, rotate the piston to bdc during cool down, do not restart until temp is beow 110F.

This is what I've found works good....it is NOT gospel, and as another bit of info, I'm at about 250' asl. If you've got a different combo, other observations or ideas on break-in, POST em! But let's keep this thread about the Dark Side, let's complile some working data on the Picco 26 Max HERE.

JSRacer 03-09-2006 10:14 PM

RE: Picco 26 Max....the DARK SIDE....

Are you happy with this engine?
I know it's got a lot of power but how's the life of the engine?
Is it quality?
I've heard the stock Revo pipe seems to work great in the Picco 26. True?
Is it a gas hog?
How does its performance compare to other engines similar in size?

It's gonna be a week before I can run it, and it's drivin me nuts! I can't wait to see what it'll do. Where did you find that break-in procedure? Did you follow it too? Great results? If so I'll follow it to a TEE. Next week will be too much fun. I get my LST2 back from Losi (transmision problems right outta the box) and I pick up my Picco 26. Hey how would the Picco 26 do in a LST2? LOL :-)

piccorevo 03-10-2006 11:24 AM

i have and all i can say is loving it.

used traxxas break-in as find this is best
15/36 gearing
M/S filter on OEM REVO snorkle with epoxy round base
qoncepts header but going bk to stock cant find a coupler that wont stop burning up
bored out muffler to a 1mm wall thickness
sealed whole engine with loctite engine sealant "carb,backplate and even a little on the copper shims on the head" sealed up great

break in was a doddle only had one major temp at start but noticed my fuel tank o-ring went so changed it over and was great

only problem i am having is im burning up exhaust couplers with the qoncepts flex header and so im going bk to stock

old pictures i now have the carbon battery holder and all my electrics are now ballooned up

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...orevo/REVO.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...revo/REVO2.jpg

xtophertodd 03-10-2006 12:11 PM

It shore is purty!

hxtour ben 03-10-2006 04:53 PM

This is my revo with the OFNA PICCO MAX!!!!!!!
ofna picco .26 max
all RPM a-arms---blue
Golden Horizons aluminum shock adjusters
FOC conversion
Motor Saver air filter
Traxxas T6 aluminum pushrods all the way around
Integy aluminum turnbuckles
Integy red hex alloy wheel hubs
Traxxas aluminum pipe and header anodized red
Integy aluminum front and rear bumpers
Integy aluminum skid plates

I think thats about it, but number one is the piico .26 MAXXXXXXX

revo3777 03-10-2006 07:17 PM

Man, I have a picco 26 max on my revo and the low end is awsome. I am having a problem with wheelies i cannot keep the front wheels in the ground. I am using stock gearing does anyone have any suggestions with this problem.

Kemo 03-11-2006 12:56 AM

that truck looks insane... nice red chassis.

piccorevo 03-11-2006 05:29 PM

thanks KEMO i will be putting my new photos on in a jiffy just to show people how it looks now

TNTJake 03-13-2006 08:28 PM

Were did you guys get your Picco .26's from??And Were the Heck did you find the one way Bearing for it??

Thanks!

beelzebubishere 03-13-2006 08:45 PM

Tower hobbies, and the oem OWB.

ORIGINAL: ZoomZoom1

Were did you guys get your Picco .26's from??And Were the Heck did you find the one way Bearing for it??

Thanks!

TNTJake 03-13-2006 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: kliff

Thanks!

What?? You got your engine from tower hobbies.and you got your Bearing for Were??
And what kind of bearing did you get.(Full name please).

Thanks.Sorry That I don't know what oyu are talking about,I'm new to nitro's.To make this fit all you do is get the Picco Revo.Right??

Thanks again.

TNTJake 03-13-2006 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: kliff

Thanks!

What?? You got your engine from tower hobbies.and you got your Bearing for Were??
And what kind of bearing did you get.(Full name please).

Thanks.Sorry That I don't know what oyu are talking about,I'm new to nitro's.To make this fit all you do is get the Picco Revo.Right??

Thanks again.

Sorry I ment "To make this fit all you do is get the picco Revo Engine Mount.Right"??

Thanks

beelzebubishere 03-14-2006 08:09 AM

an owb, is a "one way bearing."
OEM is "original equipment manufacture(r)" or "stock part."

So what it said/meant was....the stock REVO one way bearing will work with a Picco 26 Max.

TNTJake 03-14-2006 08:59 AM

oKay,
thanks Kliff!!:D

beelzebubishere 03-14-2006 09:18 AM

Cool.......

FANTOM27REVO 03-14-2006 09:25 AM

If you use the easy start on it the stock OWB works. If you buy the pullstart version it comes with a flanged OWB.

TNTJake 03-14-2006 01:50 PM

Okay,
Do you think I should Buy a Revo And Get a Picco .26 for it or get a Nemesis and leave it stock? My Main goal is to Smoke my freind who is getting a stock Savage Le.So here is the Question, can a stock Revo Beat a Stock Savage Le? I'll Upgrade it to a Picco .26 as soon as I have to $$$ To.

Thanks

piccorevo 03-14-2006 02:40 PM

dont want to make you sound stupid mate but a standard revo tuned would whoop a savages a$s and having a picco 26, mnow that would not be called for we want them to think savages are good at something lol.

TNTJake 03-14-2006 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: redrevo2006

dont want to make you sound stupid mate but a standard revo tuned would whoop a savages a$s and having a picco 26, mnow that would not be called for we want them to think savages are good at something lol.
Thats Ok. I am Stupid!!:DLol.

alvinl 03-14-2006 03:37 PM

Okay,
Do you think I should Buy a Revo And Get a Picco .26 for it or get a Nemesis and leave it stock? My Main goal is to Smoke my freind who is getting a stock Savage Le.So here is the Question, can a stock Revo Beat a Stock Savage Le? I'll Upgrade it to a Picco .26 as soon as I have to $$$ To.

Thanks
I have a stock Savage LE and a stock Revo 2.5R. Well, both are mostly stock and I have new motors waiting for warmer weather to go in. And I should add that I love both of these trucks, yes even the Savage. In stock form, the Revo will woop up on the LE so bad it is not even funny. The LE will leap ahead of the Revo on takeoff, but that's OK. Because when it hit's 3rd, it's done. The stock .25 Savage motor has a lousy RPM range and tops out pretty early. I give it no more than 10 yards, if that, before the Revo passes the LE.

You might ask how I know. Well, when my son and I go bashing I drive a Savage and he drives our Revo. The only way I can outrun him is to put a jump in the middle of our race and hope that he gets over anxious and flips it on the jump. Or, I guess I could make it a 10 foot dragrace, I think I could take him then. And I will tell you that it's not easy having a 7 year old kid outrun you with a truck you bought and paid for. But I love him anyway.

Trust me. The Savage does not have a chance against it in stock form. The 4.6 may be a little closer, but I might still put my money on the Revo.

beelzebubishere 03-14-2006 03:46 PM

Yeah...what they said.

SmugR 03-14-2006 04:39 PM

Hey Redrevo, Drop those new pics, what do you use to keep it so clean???

TNTJake 03-14-2006 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: alvinl

Okay,

Thanks
I have a stock Savage LE and a stock Revo 2.5R. Well, both are mostly stock and I have new motors waiting for warmer weather to go in. And I should add that I love both of these trucks, yes even the Savage. In stock form, the Revo will woop up on the LE so bad it is not even funny. The LE will leap ahead of the Revo on takeoff, but that's OK. Because when it hit's 3rd, it's done. The stock .25 Savage motor has a lousy RPM range and tops out pretty early. I give it no more than 10 yards, if that, before the Revo passes the LE.

You might ask how I know. Well, when my son and I go bashing I drive a Savage and he drives our Revo. The only way I can outrun him is to put a jump in the middle of our race and hope that he gets over anxious and flips it on the jump. Or, I guess I could make it a 10 foot dragrace, I think I could take him then. And I will tell you that it's not easy having a 7 year old kid outrun you with a truck you bought and paid for. But I love him anyway.

Trust me. The Savage does not have a chance against it in stock form. The 4.6 may be a little closer, but I might still put my money on the Revo.
we are keeping them almost totaly stock.My buddy is going to get a surefire .32 for his savage Le and when he gets that I'm getting Picco .26 :D Then I should still beat him.Right??

Thanks

Ps as soon as I get my Revo I'll post some pics for you all.:D

Thanks Again!!!

revopqrs 03-14-2006 05:46 PM

yup.... badly.

alvinl 03-14-2006 05:47 PM

ZoomZoom1. At that point, if he does win a drag race, tell him you have to go to the end then turn around and come back to finish the race. Savages just love high speed corners:D:D:D Now I am just being mean. I personally think you will still win. And on a race track, the Savage would not stand a chance if you can keep the Revo from pulling wheelies.