RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   official Everything Tmaxx thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/6423885-official-everything-tmaxx-thread.html)

RCCanuck 09-28-2007 06:28 AM

official Everything Tmaxx thread

So I figured we could use a thread for all things Tmaxx....Makes it easier to help people rather than trying to help 4 differant people in 4 differant threads. Also makes it easier to get help when you need it. We have some very knowledgable and helpfull Tmaxx fans on this site so lets try and help anyone who needs it with this thread.

Post your Tmaxx questions, tips ,tricks

TheKennyKiller 09-28-2007 06:31 AM

RE: Everything Tmaxx

what about an "all things revo" thread ... don't be racist towards the revo

RCCanuck 09-28-2007 07:13 AM

if the Revo was actually a Tmaxx I would have included it...LOL...Start a Revo thread it makes no sense for me to start one...I don't own one[sm=lol.gif]

trx2.5maxx 09-28-2007 08:25 AM

running four shock compared to eight shocks what is better?

Beasley1 09-28-2007 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: trx2.5maxx

running four shock compared to eight shocks what is better?
less is more

phoh43107 09-28-2007 11:37 AM

i think this thread has just been hijacked by revo's:D

RCCanuck 09-28-2007 03:45 PM

I guess it depends on which shocks u use

RCCanuck 09-28-2007 03:47 PM

holy smackers...thats original

chvydrver 09-28-2007 04:49 PM

HOW DO I GET REAR STEERING ON MY TMAXX?

jarett 92 09-28-2007 04:53 PM

is that possible? and why would u want that? you would flip constantly.

chvydrver 09-28-2007 04:58 PM

IT IS POSSIBLE, HEARD OF IT DONE, IF THEY WORK LIKE REAL MONSTER TRUCKS, IT ACTUALLY HELPS THEM NOT TO FLIP! [REAR END WOULD PUSH ITSELF UNDER TRUCK AS IT TURNED!]

RCCanuck 09-28-2007 05:07 PM

they have a kit..that adds rear steering. It is one of those "sure it looks kewl" but has absolutley no performance gain things...in fact it will hurt performance.

megamaxx 09-29-2007 04:52 AM

heck cant steer with the front wheels,they are hardly on the ground:Dit would be cool to see a mxx with 4 wheel steering,but its something i would not sink money into,but to each his/her own:D

Blackhawk4 09-29-2007 06:29 AM

umm whats with the caps chvydrver[X(]

RCCanuck 09-29-2007 06:57 AM

you want to add some steering to the front pull your dustboots off and groove the pillowballs with a dremmel right next to the ball,,,that will give you a noticeable gain

millwright2471 09-29-2007 09:41 AM

I am looking at buying a Tmaxx 3.3. what is 430 dollars a good price or is it steep. it does come with the charger and electric start.

Jerzferno 09-29-2007 10:02 AM

Mill - Thats a decent price. $469.00 seems to be the average. If you are buying it from a hobby shop, not online by September 30th, you also get a free Traxxas resonator pipe ($55 value). That pipe really increases the performance of your engine. Excellent upgrade.

Jerzferno 09-29-2007 10:06 AM

Radrc.com has a rear steer kit for the T-MAXX. Pretty pricy though.

Jerzferno 09-29-2007 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

So I figured we could use a thread for all things Tmaxx....Makes it easier to help people rather than trying to help 4 differant people in 4 differant threads. Also makes it easier to get help when you need it. We have some very knowledgable and helpfull Tmaxx fans on this site so lets try and help anyone who needs it with this thread.

Post your Tmaxx questions, tips ,tricks

Great idea RCCanuck. Dont let my name fool ya. Even though I own a Kyosho Inferno, my first nitro was a T-MAXX. Still have it and modded it to the................MAXX. LOL Fixed several major problems with it too. So great idea for the post. Lets keep it going.

Jerzferno 09-29-2007 10:13 AM

What do you guys use for the center drive shafts. Man-o-man can I give you some good insight on that. Whats good? whats not good? How to use some other Traxxas parts? A simple mod? you name it. This is a huge problem with the Traxxas 3.3 MAXX. I snapped 4 stock rear shafts. Tried 2 aftermarket CVDS. Finally wound up making a slight mod and have been running a combo T-MAXX / REVO rear center shaft that is still running strong after 32 gallons and showing no signs of failure.

millwright2471 09-29-2007 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Jerzferno

What do you guys use for the center drive shafts. Man-o-man can I give you some good insight on that. Whats good? whats not good? How to use some other Traxxas parts? A simple mod? you name it. This is a huge problem with the Traxxas 3.3 MAXX. I snapped 4 stock rear shafts. Tried 2 aftermarket CVDS. Finally wound up making a slight mod and have been running a combo T-MAXX / REVO rear center shaft that is still running strong after 32 gallons and showing no signs of failure.

What kind of mod for the shaft? I am going to need all the insight i can get. This will be my 2nd RC. my other is a xcellerator.
My 5 yr old will be helping me to bang it up, so whatever insight you have will help.

Jerzferno 09-29-2007 02:20 PM

Mill: PM me with your personal e-mail address. Ill send you a step by step guide with pictures showing you what I did. Its been holding up excellent. I gave it the ultimate test. Talon tires on pavement and beat the you know what out of it. I tried to break it. It is holding up very well. I had so much trouble with the stock shafts and two aftermarket brands. The stocks break, (actually its the yolks) and the pricy afterrmarket brands wear out fast. So I said lets put the engineering to work and fix it my way. You wotn be disappointed. It will cost you about 12 bucks in Traxxas parts and a little bit of wrencing. Its worth it.

RCCanuck 09-29-2007 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just installed the MIP centres...only issue so far has been the rear grub screws came loose.

heres my truck

HILLFINGER 09-29-2007 07:33 PM

Hey RCCanuck what tires are you running on those Axial beadlocks? I have the 40 Series Proline Mulchers on mine and have had a hard time keeping the beads from pulling out had to glue unfortunately , have you had this issue with the tires you are running ?

HILLFINGER 09-29-2007 07:35 PM

RCCanuck never mind on what tires you are running are you having issues with the beads pulling out ?