RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   picco jato problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/7376470-picco-jato-problems.html)

jasytosy 04-15-2008 09:57 AM

picco jato problems

when i allow my jato to shift gear or just stay in 2nd gear it shreds its spur gear, when i take out the 2nd speed and just have the one speed the spur gear is fine no damage at all, it is all alligned properly witht he proper mesh.
i do have a picco .26 in it so should i just get the single speed conversion.

Mspeed 04-15-2008 01:05 PM

RE: picco jato problems

Have you tried a 40 revo spur with a 20 revo clutch bell, they are alot harder to shred. The pitch is better on those gears for the more torquey motors. And since you have a .26 you should be able to push that high of a gear with all the bottom end you got. In the end, I would think you will shred the internal 1st and 2nd gears from all the torque that motor puts out anyways, unless you get the bronze tranny gears. I do not suggest going with metal spurs, cause one thing gets stuck in that spur and it will eat up other parts.

jasytosy 04-16-2008 06:35 AM

i cant shift my engine enough to fit a revo gearing

RCCanuck 04-16-2008 06:41 AM

I''d go with the robinson racing spur/cb set up for the jato....either that or your slipper is too tight so when you shift into 2nd it is just too much for the spur[&:]

jasytosy 04-16-2008 07:16 AM

how tight do you reccomend i have it on 3/4 turns out

RCCanuck 04-16-2008 07:23 AM

well actually that is way looser than i run mine on my Tmaxx.....I know the manual for the Maxx says all the way tight then 1/4 turn backout again....

Mspeed 04-16-2008 12:36 PM

You should be able to fit a Revo 20 cb with a 40 revo spur with out problems. You have to use the complete revo spur and cb together cause the pitch is different than the jato and tmaxx stuff. The pitch on the revo stuff gives you alot more strength and will give you more gearing up top which is what you need for that big motor you got. You got alot of bottom end but not as much top end, the revo stuff will help you out there. That picco is going to put alot of stress on your tranny gears no matter what you do, if you run the slipper loose it will just slipp all over and burn up, but help save the driveline, if you run it tight it will strip out trannys left and right. I would recomend the bronze tranny gears so you can set the slipp correctly.

Mspeed 04-16-2008 12:38 PM

If the picco wont let you use the revo stuff, my next pick would be just go steel spur on your jato, eventhough its something I wouldnt normally do.

MiamizFinest 04-28-2008 06:56 PM

Dam your still haveing problems with that picco jato? man i would have thought u sold that thing a while ago

i got rid of that head ace real quick