RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Best pipe for the Picco .26 red dot? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/8496649-best-pipe-picco-26-red-dot.html)

michaelwash 02-19-2009 10:09 PM

Best pipe for the Picco .26 red dot?

Hey all,
Been running a Buku pipe on my Picco .26 red dot. And to tell the truth, all the tuning of the pipe is over my head.:( What would be the best pipe to get? And is anyone looking for a used Buku pipe?

quadracer111 02-19-2009 11:34 PM

RE: Best pipe for the Picco .26 red dot?

dynamite 053 for more low end or 083 for high end.
Or just any 053-083 pipe in general.
Those are side pipes btw.

RCCanuck 02-20-2009 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: michaelwash

Hey all,
Been running a Buku pipe on my Picco .26 red dot. And to tell the truth, all the tuning of the pipe is over my head.:( What would be the best pipe to get? And is anyone looking for a used Buku pipe?
do some learning dude.....its not difficult if you take it 1 step at a time.....If you can tune a carb you can tune this pipe.....I've heard it is just awesome with that engine.

michaelwash 02-20-2009 02:20 PM

Thanks dude, you a right. Need to take the time and learn the Buku.

fabrimacator21 02-20-2009 02:23 PM

I've heard the buku doesn't do so well on BB's. Matter of fact it seems like it only works on rtr engines. It killed the power on over revo's .18 tz.

I'd go with the ofna 086 pipe.

madmaxx1 02-20-2009 05:03 PM

no complaint's about my dynamite 053 :D

lean is mean 02-20-2009 09:21 PM

I got a trinity pipe and a pipe that came with my RB 523. The RB pipe is quite a bit larger. (longer more than fat)
I havent had enough run time with both pipes to know whats best. Whats your all's opinion?

Dont mean to hi-jack. sorry

RCCanuck 02-20-2009 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

I've heard the buku doesn't do so well on BB's. Matter of fact it seems like it only works on rtr engines. It killed the power on over revo's .18 tz.

he never asked about it on a BB....the red dot is not a BB

matts6887 02-20-2009 10:34 PM

What about the THS racing pipe?? Ive heard nothing but good things about that pipe; so would it work in this application??

michaelwash 02-20-2009 11:12 PM

See I have a lot to learn. I thought the Red dot was a BB. I fact when I ordered the Buku. I had e-mailed them. And they told me I would need the BB Pipe, for the .26 red dot.

oompwa 02-21-2009 01:10 AM

The Red Dot has the bore and stroke of a BB, regardless of the crankcase size(length I should say, because heightwise it is BB size). It actually has the same bore and stroke as the Picco Big Block .26. The case was shortened, as was the length of the crank to fit the Revo and Tmaxx engine mount specs.

They were right when they said it needs the BB pipe, because it falls within the mechanical parameters of a BB.

fabrimacator21 02-21-2009 02:10 AM

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

he never asked about it on a BB....the red dot is not a BB
I know. It's got the same bore and stroke as a bb but has a smaller exhaust port and uses a medium block. We know it's not a true block;) Regardless It needs a BB pipe. SB pipes choke it.

ShortysPop1 02-07-2012 09:20 PM

@ michaelwash<span style="font-family: tahoma, verdana, arial; font-size: 11px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); ">

... hey... i know this thred is old, but i hope you come accross this... but what pipe/headder did you go with.. and how did you like the performance of the engine/pipe combo? .. ive just purchased a picco red dot for my revo, and have been wondering what pipe to get, since it looks like the stock revo pipe might be too constrictive for best performance...

...any help would be great, thanks.<br type="_moz" /></span>

nitrorcjunkie 02-08-2012 12:18 PM

I ran an Associated MGT pipe on my blue head Picco .26. Lots of torque but top speed was off a little bit.