Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

Wheels and brakes

Notices
Turbine Clinic Get direct support from the major turbine manufacturer support reps in here.

Wheels and brakes

Old 04-01-2014, 01:17 PM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels and brakes

Pickup a great starfire ii with xps dynamax motor. Need a great set of wheels and brakes. Any recommendations - thanks, steven
Old 06-19-2014, 03:07 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are still out there and that is DF airplane consider one of these on the nosewheel or two on the mains:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ques...es-brakes.html
Old 06-20-2014, 09:54 AM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update. I saw these in the new Model aviation book. The only problem is Du-Bro makes some ugly wheels. They wouldn't look to good on jets. Everything about a jet whether its turbine, glow or EDF, a jet should look "Kool". Adding these wheels takes the koolness away. Yeah, I know, there always the $400 + brake system - its ashame someone would charge that much but if there is a market out there, why not. I may try them on one of my pattern planes. Its just something about dubro wheels. I would think they would invest in a better more attractive wheel - guess not.

Steven
Old 06-20-2014, 03:17 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Steve and thank your for the reply.

This is the list of the five different Dubro wheel series that are compatible with these brakes a fairly wide and eclectic variety of wheel styles:

T, TL, SL, DL, R

I choose the 'R' series simply because its my all time favorite going back many years regardless of the airplane type and it was sad when that series which in the past we refered to as the dubro balloon smoothies was not avalible but its back now. Ye Ha. So its fortunate that 'cool' is a subjective choice

So as noted in the other thread the test airplane is a bit more than a month away from tests with the brakes But I will get back in that thread with the results. That Test airplane is a fixed gear turbine Boomerang Nano.

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 06-20-2014 at 03:20 PM.