Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Northeast Aerodynamics Twin Air .45 Short Kits

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Northeast Aerodynamics Twin Air .45 Short Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:23 PM
acemcduck
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Northeast Aerodynamics Twin Air .45 Short Kits

John, just wanted to say thanks again. I received my TA today and it is sweet!

As much as I want to dive into it first, I think the Zeph-air bipe that's been patiently waiting is next on the board.

Dave
Old 12-14-2012, 02:36 PM
sbd-3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,kit arrived today...Looks great THANK YOU very much.....I just love getting a new kit...LOL
Old 12-14-2012, 04:04 PM
NortheastAero
My Feedback: (6)

Glad you guys like them. Happy holidays to all of you.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:33 PM
A6TEXAN

Hi John, your paypal account should show me paid in full. thanks again for doing this for us.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mines on the way. BIG GRIN. I feel just like a kid a Christmas.
John
Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 PM
abington flyer

Hi John I asked to be inclided in your production run but I didn't receive an e-mail from you. Hope I am not too late to order one of the twin tail twin 45 kits. Let me know how to send you my email adress. I have an pal pal account or I can mail you a money order I you would rather have that. Look foward to hearing from you. Thank You Stan Gilbert
Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
SRQFlyer
My Feedback: (17)

John,

Arrived today - can't wait to get started! This will be Crashalot Airways biggest and best!

Thanks a bunch,

Jim
Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Owl
My Feedback: (8)

Got my kits today John, and they look great!

Will be starting on the single tail model this weekend, I hope ( have to clear that with SWMBO )
I also want to say THANKS for doing this kit run!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Owl

Got my kits today John, and they look great!

Will be starting on the single tail model this weekend, I hope ( have to clear that with SWMBO )
I also want to say THANKS for doing this kit run!
UPS will bring mine today, according to schedule.

And some of us know exactly who SWMBO is

Dave Olson
Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 AM
JNorton

I'm very lucky. SHMBO is very supportive of my hobby.
John
Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Owl
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: JNorton

John
yep...mine is also...
I am just a bit worried about possible last minute shopping adventures interfering with my weekend.[:'(]

BTW...any of you guys have a suggestion on retracts for this model?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Rubbernecker
My Feedback: (22)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to look up SHMBO! SHMBO doesn't know I got mine, which came today. Have not had a chance to even look at it but based on the posts, it will be great. Thanks John.

John
Old 12-19-2012, 04:40 AM
JNorton

So I get home last night and my daughter who's usually away at college came home and left a yorkshire puppy. She's gone to work and the puppy cage is on the kitchen floor. I let the puppy out and the door bell rings. Silly me, I open the door and guess who's outside. My Twin Air had arrived. I spent the next 30 minutes chasing a very happy and excited puppy around the yard. It was slightly raining and sleeting - the puppy with better sense than me finally gets cold. So he heads to the door on his own and waits for me to let him inside. I had visions of trying to explain to my wife who was out shopping and my daughter how I lost the puppy the first time I baby sat it.

My wife comes home with her sister and my brother-in-law with pizza. The poor forelorn Twin Air sat neglected in the corner for the rest of the evening. I promise I'll look at the goodies when I get home tonight.
John
Old 12-20-2012, 03:35 PM
JNorton

For anyone who done a 45 size twin as an electric - do you have any recommended components? Single or dual ESC - ratings - size of your
LiPo pack? I'm just interested in sport flying.
Thanks ,
John
Old 12-20-2012, 04:40 PM
JNorton

Been reading. Looks like separate ESCs are recommended for twins. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm forum
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2707226/tm.htm Twin Star
Still would like to hear from anyone who's done a twin. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.
John
Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 AM
hoops
My Feedback: (121)

John,
If you have any left I would like one as well.
Didn't see post until today, darn
Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 AM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: Owl

ORIGINAL: JNorton

John
yep...mine is also...
I am just a bit worried about possible last minute shopping adventures interfering with my weekend.[:'(]

BTW...any of you guys have a suggestion on retracts for this model?
Was wondering the same thing. My twin tail should be coming after the holidays. Will probably not do retracts on this one, but perhaps add them later. Or what the heck, maybe just build a second plane.

Anybody building the Twin Air (especially the twin tail version) planning on a build thread? If so, please post a link on this thread. I have a Mustang to finish before starting my Twin Air, but would like to follow along anyone's build thread.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2012, 05:34 AM
JNorton

So I went shopping on Hobby King. Turnigy SK3 3542 1000KV, 5mm shaft, 625 watt out runner motors are $33.05 each from the USA warehouse. Hobby King Blue Series 50 Amp ESC with 3 amp BEC are $24.74. These should turn a 11X6 prop. Finally Turnigy 5000 MA 4S 40C Lipo packs at $49.99. If I buy 2 of everything I'm looking at $215.56. Pretty darn comparable to buying a couple of decent .46 glow motors. I'm really thinking about doing this. Anybody have any suggestions?

I've always run glow - lately Saito 4 strokes but really don't want to lose this plane to motor outages.
Thanks,
John
Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM
NortheastAero

There are a couple of people who have reserved kits that have not yet responded. So there may be a couple of kits available for people on the wait/contact list. I'll give them some more time because of the holidays, travel, family committments etc.

Take care,
John

ORIGINAL: hoops

John,
If you have any left I would like one as well.
Didn't see post until today, darn
Thanks
Old 12-24-2012, 12:54 PM
NortheastAero

Hi all,

Well, Rubbernecker gets the prize for finding an omission in the kits. When I was playing with the CAD files trying to solve the plotter problems I went from 24" side plots to 36" wide and back again and inadvertently left the Nacelle Layer turned off. So none of the kits shipped so far have the nacelle plots in them. Fortunately, the nacelles have the bulkhead locations already laser-engraved into the nacelle sides and the nacelles can be built without the plan sheet. I'll get the missing plan sheet plotted and will be sending that out to everyone who has already had their kit(s) shipped to them. I also made up a JPG image of the nacelle plan for people to look at but it would not be dimensionally accurate to build on.

My appologies for the oversight.

Take care,
John
Old 12-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Steveibrc

Hello John,

I am new to the thread and to twins also...........Always wanted to double my chances for an engine failure ......I hve a couple of OS 40 FPs NIB and am wondering if they would be a good choice for this design.....And if so, do yoiu have any kits that are not spoken for? Thanks, Steve
Old 12-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Steveibrc

Hello John,

I am new to the thread and to twins also...........Always wanted to double my chances for an engine failure ......I hve a couple of OS 40 FPs NIB and am wondering if they would be a good choice for this design.....And if so, do yoiu have any kits that are not spoken for? Thanks, Steve
I think John will recommend 46 size 2-strokes for this plane, but I'll tell you about my experience with the 40FP. I have a TwinStar (I think it's still available from Tower) with two 40FP's. They were pretty tight when new, and I probably ran each one a half hour before they loosened up.

Once broken in, they made that TwinStar a rocket! I have 9X7 props on them. I think the TwinStar was actually sized for .25 twostrokes.

Good luck
Dave Olson
Old 12-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Steveibrc

Hey Dave, I have heard that about the 40 FP also. The key is a good run in and it makes for a good reliable two stroke from what I gather. I looked at the Tower Twin Star, and you are right it is sized for a minimum of .25s. I bet it would be a rocket with 40's on it Cheap too. Might go that route regardless to keep the learning curve expense down.. Heck, 130.00 for an ARF delivered is cheap enough thrills.since I have the motors. Also I have a Whirlybirds Pitcarin Autogyro about half built and need to get that project off the bench before start another seriously involved build. I will wait to hear from John though before I decide. Thanks for the response! Steve
Old 12-26-2012, 08:07 AM
NortheastAero

Many pilots not familiar with twin-engined planes fear the "engine-out" scenario. The real deal here is to properly break-in each motor and set that motor to run propperly in any attitude independently of the other motor. Then go fly. If you want the rpm for each engine to be in sync with the other engine you throttle down the stronger engine (but don't change the tunning). Remember when flying that if you lose an engine applying the correct counter-measures is critical correct rudder and throttle back the live engine.

The only engine out I have ever had is all of my years of flying twins occurs when I intentionally kill one engine in flight to demonstrate one-engined flight on a twin-engined airplane. So know your engines, break them in with care, and try not to go for that last iota of rpm/power out of each engine.

As for the Twin-Air .45, it will fly on (2) 40 FP engines and is a monster (in a good way) on (2) .55 engines :-)

Take care,
John
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 AM
NortheastAero

Hi all,

Well the shipping is almost complete on the short kits. I have a couple of stragglers who have not claimed their kits yet. To be fair to them and to the folks on the waiting list, I'll hold their reservations until close of business on 12/31. After that, their reservations will be released and the kits will go to the next person on the waiting list etc.

Have a Happy New Year!

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.