Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pica Duellist Collector's Edition

So I bought this kit from the RCU Marketplace. It arrived today in fine shape. I'm unpacking and checking the inventory, and I see its an obvious early die cut version. I see Dave Platt is credited with the design on the plans. (Pica was originally called Dave Platt Models and became Pica upon his departure from the company.) Very soon after the company became Pica, the name on the plans was changed to the new owner. There is a "survey" with a return envelope for Pica's headquarters. There is a Pica Products Catalog, and price-sheet (were kits ever this cheap?), and the plans are cut in 3 pieces requiring them be taped together. All the wood is there and in good shape... couple of the rear spares a a bit warped, but that's it. In short, its all there just as if it were packed last week. There's even a serial number I believe?

Anyway, I bought this kit to build, but its such an early edition and so complete, that I'm feeling a bit guilty to build it instead of treating it as a collector's item.

So before I build this and destroy its collector value, are there any kit collector's out there that would trade me a newer or laser cut edition for this obvious early/first edition? Please PM me within the next week... after that, I'll start slinging glue and making balsa dust.

Cheers,
    Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Pica Duellist Collector's Edition

Jusr make your own kit. Copy all the parts and the copy the plans.
    AMA # 126183
    Fly light, fly fast and fly low.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Pica Duellist Collector's Edition

Yea. I also posted this in the kit building forum. I also have the MAN plans which include traceable templates so I can cut parts at any time.