Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Pica Duellist Collector's Edition

Old 10-29-2012, 01:38 PM
BluMiniMe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Pica Duellist Collector's Edition

So I bought this kit from the RCU Marketplace. It arrived today in fine shape. I'm unpacking and checking the inventory, and I see its an obvious early die cut version. I see Dave Platt is credited with the design on the plans. (Pica was originally called Dave Platt Models and became Pica upon his departure from the company.) Very soon after the company became Pica, the name on the plans was changed to the new owner. There is a "survey" with a return envelope for Pica's headquarters. There is a Pica Products Catalog, and price-sheet (were kits ever this cheap?), and the plans are cut in 3 pieces requiring them be taped together. All the wood is there and in good shape... couple of the rear spares a a bit warped, but that's it. In short, its all there just as if it were packed last week. There's even a serial number I believe?

Anyway, I bought this kit to build, but its such an early edition and so complete, that I'm feeling a bit guilty to build it instead of treating it as a collector's item.

So before I build this and destroy its collector value, are there any kit collector's out there that would trade me a newer or laser cut edition for this obvious early/first edition? Please PM me within the next week... after that, I'll start slinging glue and making balsa dust.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 PM
airraptor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Pica Duellist Collector's Edition

Jusr make your own kit. Copy all the parts and the copy the plans.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:57 AM
BluMiniMe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Pica Duellist Collector's Edition

Yea. I also posted this in the kit building forum. I also have the MAN plans which include traceable templates so I can cut parts at any time.

Search this Thread