Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Twin diesels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM
RDJeff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Twin diesels?

So I've read through 50 or more of the most recent threads, and have learned a great deal about twins. One thing that strikes me is the quest for a rreliable engine run, thus avoiding a single engine landing. Why haven't I seen anything about twin diesels? They tend to be a bit heavier than two stroke glow engines, but they'll never flame out.

My first twin is going to be a highly bashed .60 size Super Sportster. The kit should be here tomorrow, and the MAN plans for the twin conversion will be here soon. I'm planning on going with a high wing arrangement, and twin tails. I have several brand new OS FP 40s that I plan on using, or I also have a pair of TT Pro 46s, but I keep thinking about diesels. I don't have any pairs, but I could buy another PAW 40, or another MVVS 6.5.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

NEVER??? flame out?

Certainly I've seen twins with just about any kind of engines, but no diesels.

I don't see why not

Give it shot and send us some video
Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
gerryndennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jeff,

You must have been reading my mind, I've been thinking about Diesel for sport flying as well. Including on twins.

Bob Davis at Davis Diesel Developments sells Diesel heads for both your 40 FP's and TT 46 PRO's. He makes a good product.

If you went this way you would actually be lighter than glow, because you can use smaller fuel tanks for the same duration.

Dave H

Last edited by gerryndennis; 09-09-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:47 AM
RDJeff
My Feedback: (11)

I think you're reading my mind too! Shortly after I posted, I remembered I have an RJL head for the FP 40s, so all I need is another head. Wait! I have a brand new head and an old one...

youre right though about weighing less by needing smaller tanks. I got easily 20 minote flights with a PAW 40 in a Tiger II with a 10 oz tank.