Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

LOCKHEED C-130 Hercules landing gear on DVD

Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

LOCKHEED C-130 Hercules landing gear on DVD

Old 10-06-2014, 10:40 PM
krles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOCKHEED C-130 Hercules landing gear on DVD

Hi guys,
after big success with the DOUGLAS DC-3 landing gear CD :
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/10994283-dc-3-scale-landing-gear-plan.html

I released a new DVD for the LOCKHEED C-130 Hercules landing gear.

The landing gear is designed in similar manner as by the DC-3. It is operated electrically. All movements of gears and doors are controlled by an accessible and easy programmable
on board microcontroller to achieve scale timing.

Disc contains:
• computer simulations of the motions
• rendered photographs, including a proposal for mounting in the model
• set of engineering drawings of all parts, assembly drawing and bill of material
• photos of the finished landing gear in high resolution
• detailed motion videos of built in retracts
• fully described script for the microcontroller to controll the motions of the gear and doors
• brief description, hints and tips

Altogether it is over 2 GB of informations divided into easy-directories.
It is worth for those of You, who wants to build the landing gear yourself
and have no time and (or) skills to design it.

It is available as digital download, or DVD in a hardcase-let me know by PM.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	c130front.jpg
Views:	7387
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	2038185   Click image for larger version

Name:	c130back.jpg
Views:	4685
Size:	487.7 KB
ID:	2038186  
Old 10-29-2014, 10:22 AM
mlang1321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the disc worth and whats the scale of the landing gear? I've just got my Palmer 132" C-130 in yesterday and I'm interested in knowing more info and how hard is the landing gear to make? I'm a disabled man and cant work with too many power tools safely without assistance.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:02 PM
krles

The scale is 1:13,5. So it is well suited for the Palmer 132".
On the disc is an entire information about the design, how the landing gear works, how to control the motions of all the doors in correct timing, and how to mount it properly in the model.
However, some skill of working with metals is surely needed to the build.
Parts are turned, milled and laser-cutted. Majority of people (including me) have not such machines available at home. It is supposed to enter the production of main parts in a near metal workshop.

For the digital download, there is a fee of USD 13, the DVD sent per post is for USD 18.

Hope this helps
Cheers Tom
Old 10-30-2014, 04:18 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Please do not use the discussion forums to sell your CD's. Please conduct all business via PM. Thanks Dave
Old 11-01-2014, 08:07 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Dave, he is allowed to announce a new product the way he has done, and is allowed to answer questions asked by forum members (as per RCU rules).

"Non-RCU advertisers may submit one new special R/C related announcement or news thread during any 30 day rolling period. Announcements include only product information or news. No ads, promotions, specials, stock status or the like will be allowed."

"Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information."

If I have misinterpreted the RCU rules please let me know...
Old 11-02-2014, 07:21 AM
mlang1321

Sorry for all the Hassel over this I was asking "krles"a question and didn't realize it would cause this stir. He was replying to my question and I'm sorry to all the members, i'll keep questions to myself or pm's only.

I've been a member since 2011 and only read and followed build threads and now I'm looking at doing my own Palmer C130 Hercules build. I'll try read up on the rules of the site and obey them. Question s were allowed on the other sites I do build threads on and assumed that they were ok on this one as well. Sorry moderator's and sorry "krles" .

Last edited by mlang1321; 11-02-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:18 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

mlang1321, neither you nor krles did anything wrong. Krles is allowed to post an announcement of a new product as long as he doesn't do it more than every 30 days. You are allowed to ask any and all questions you want of the thread starter. Krles is then allowed to respond to your questions. Mr. Agar's comment was wrong! Also, no moderator has joined this thread so no need to apologize to moderators...
Old 11-02-2014, 05:41 PM
mlang1321

Originally Posted by RAMFlyer
mlang1321, neither you nor krles did anything wrong. Krles is allowed to post an announcement of a new product as long as he doesn't do it more than every 30 days. You are allowed to ask any and all questions you want of the thread starter. Krles is then allowed to respond to your questions. Mr. Agar's comment was wrong! Also, no moderator has joined this thread so no need to apologize to moderators...
Thanks but being a new person to actually getting involved in threads, I just didn't know and didn't want to offend once I seen that comment. Now I know better so thank you for the clarification on it.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:07 PM
krles

Okay, guys, thanks for Your inputs, I have to react.
First, I know, reading of an advertisement is always irksome.
In this case, it is not "selling" in exact words. It is much more sharing informations.
Those ugly thirteen dollars are some, say, protection fee, to filter all those interested, and can not cover all the effort ever.

I am ready for DISCUSSING about the landing gears, not for selling CD´s.

Best
Tom
Old 03-29-2022, 01:08 PM
Mitch821

Default Beginner

Did these ever go into production. I am looking for this for a 3.9m.