Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Twin Star Narcelles

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Hobbico Twin Star Narcelles

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 04:02 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Twin Star Narcelles

I need a pair of these as I have taken a ARF and am going to put duel engines on it. It seems that the plane has been discount. and plane or parts or not availiable. Doe anyone have any they could sell

Thanks Bob
Old 08-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Bob,

Had two Twin Stars over the years and they flew well, worst covering ever, it came off in flight, always.
The engine Nacelles are small and only allow for 4 oz. of fuel. Mine had a pair of OS 32's that could go thru that in 5 mins. and landing was about to take place, those engines were propped to turn at about 15,000 rpms and sounded great when synced up on a high speed pass........
Point is if you use the system provided there is no room for fuel tanks holding much and they are off-set a bunch. Would be just as easy to build your own I think?
Old 08-02-2016, 07:11 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

Gizmo, we had the engines on a twin star, they are Saito 30 turning three blade props, plane flew alright but had no power to speak of. Make story short we crashed it. I have a Treddie which is a four star 20, we have redone the wings to accept the narcelles. The 30's on the twin star was about a 8 min. flight. The treddie only weights about 3.5 pounds with a 25
Old 08-03-2016, 06:44 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

My engines were 32 F's, essentially Heli engines converted to fixed wing, put out about the same as most better 40-46 size engines. Seems like an easy situation to just build what you need? I can see where those Saito's would be
no Ball of fire...........a friend has one on a Sig LT-25, nice little plane but truly a slug. If you have anything left of your old T-Star just copy what you have?