Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

modaire Aerocommander

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 07:13 PM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modaire Aerocommander

Does anyone know if Modaire still has their aerocommander kit available? Has anyone ever built one and what changes if any was done to the stock kit?
Old 11-03-2003, 04:26 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: modaire Aerocommander

King:

Seems to me I heard that Modaire was sold, and while the kits are still made the company name is entirely different. Sorry, but I can't remember the new name. Perhaps a Google on "Modaire" would bring it up.

As an alternate, the last time I talked to Joe Bridi he still had one of his A-C kits left. Smaller than the old Modaire, but still pretty big.

Bill.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:06 PM
kamakazerc
My Feedback: (2)

Yes I know just what you want. go to www.modaire.com & give them an E mail. I got a commander kit about a year ago but I don't know if they stoped making the kit. A note to them will tell. the reason they might have stoped is because they expanded to a full force hobbie shop.
As far as building goes Mine is aprox 40% finished. The sheeting is a bit tricky with 64th ply on all wings and tail, and the directions arenot all that thorough, but it is a builders air craft, and the fiber glass work is beutiful.
I am going to finish mine up in Bob Hoover colors, with dual smoke and all the trimings.
I just wish I could aford on board starting systems to perform his One Engine Out manuvers. LOL. Well its a dream any way!!!
If you do find a kit and need any advance warning to tuf area,s in the construction feal free to E-mail me. I am targeting late May of 04 for the test flight. Happy hunting!!!

Mike [email protected]
Old 11-18-2003, 02:31 PM
kamakazerc
My Feedback: (2)

If you want a peek at mine go to www.detroitaeromodelers.com & go to field pics. Im in there some where
Old 11-20-2003, 05:10 AM
PBConnolly
My Feedback: (1)

KAMAKAZERC -- Keep us posted it looks great so far. I built the Great Planes Aero commander in 1993 and patterned it to Hoovers Rockwell days. Looks Sharpe, I want to build another someday bigger and better!!
Old 11-23-2003, 07:42 AM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a bridi that i started...wing is glassed (needs sanding) i have retracts and all. i just lost interest in it and have way too many projects goin on. if any1 really wants a nice one to finish up pm me and maybe we can work out something.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:00 PM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

I've got a Modaire Commander in the shop, with the new wings, waiting to be built........

Anybody got the retracts laying around....?