Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Precision R/C OV-10 kit????????

Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Precision R/C OV-10 kit????????

Old 04-15-2004, 07:45 PM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Precision R/C OV-10 kit????????

Can anyone tell me of the kit that was offered by Precision R/C from Mt. Joliet Tn. Span? Weight? Engines?
Old 04-17-2004, 07:55 AM
sam@ata

Default RE: Precision R/C OV-10 kit????????

Has no one heard of Precision R/C??????
Located just northeast of Nashville, i don't know when this company was in business or if the plane is cut from an other designers plans or there own.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Low Show
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built one back in the early 90's, it had a 73 inch WS that I extened out to 80", I had a pair of .46's on it, flew great until I exceed the speed of balsa and the ctr. pod let go along with the battery, it hit one of the props when it left killing that engine, the ctr.pod looked like an incoming projectal while the rest of the airframe went into a flat spin ( and was heading out to Sea ) just had a Top Gun Moment, that took about 30 seconds to find tarra firma and pancake in. Never rebuilt it...Don
Old 04-20-2004, 08:23 PM
sam@ata

then would this be comparable to the MAN Frank Capstan plans that someone decided to kut and offer as a kit. I think that the wingspan is the 76". Do you remeber what you gave for the kit?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Low Show
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I paid around $299.00, it was pretty close to Franks plans, I may still have the plans for it , I'll take a look today, I also have Franks plans as well as every other set of plans ever drawn, I kinda have a sick passion for this old Pony, I just finished an K & A Models 42" electric, cut a foam wing for it, used the plastic parts for molds and made FG cowls, and rear pod door / cone, first flight was Sunday and boy does this little bird cook with 2 HiHax Brushless and 2 1500 mah 3s Lipolys. Thanks...Don