Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

DeHavilland Mosquito

Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Dangaras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DeHavilland Mosquito

I recently got a pair of spinners from Raymond at rc-castle.com. They are for some other mozzie but they fit my Black Horse mozzie perfectly. The notches are in place for three blades all you have to do is open them up as necessary.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:38 AM
badazzgti03
My Feedback: (4)

Awesome!
Thanks for the info guys!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:55 PM
cathurga

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dangaras, is it the freewing mossie spinners you are using? I think they may be a little small for this plane, but if you would measure across the backplate it might be an option. This mossie needs a 90mm sized spinner.

I am using these...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14760

They look similar to the ones in the pics above...
Old 12-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Dangaras

Yes, these are freewing mosquito spinners. The hobbyking and dubro ones are too pointy for a mozzie

Here[img]javascriptopupWindow('http://rc-castle.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=612')[/img].....rc-castle.com/shop/product_info.php
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40272.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1834019  
Old 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
spitty

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cary,

be so nice and send us some more informations about Your 108 inch Mossi?

Kind regards

Spitty/ Andy
Old 12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
david polley

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dear Dangaras,

Ibelieve these spinners are not 3.5 inches in diameter or about 90mm on the backplate..Everyone here in the states would just love for someone to manufacturer a SCALE 3 1/2 inch spinner that would make the model look more real...It.s just that no one sells anything as close as what you have here....

Are these spinners for glow engines...? I noticed the the model these go with only has a 55 inch wing span...What say you sir...?

David
Old 12-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Dangaras

<hr />Damn, 3.5 inch! Ok, mine are in a bag at home. I will measure them when I get back. I saw them and lucked out buying them. My BH mozzie has a 63 in wingspan and my test fit shows these were a few mm larger than the nacel.

ORIGINAL: david polley

Dear Dangaras,

Ibelieve these spinners are not 3.5 inches in diameter or about 90mm on the backplate..Everyone here in the states would just love for someone to manufacturer a SCALE 3 1/2 inch spinner that would make the model look more real...It.s just that no one sells anything as close as what you have here....

Are these spinners for glow engines...? I noticed the the model these go with only has a 55 inch wing span...What say you sir...?

David
Old 12-26-2012, 03:08 PM
david polley

Dangaras,

Yes it is a bummer in that the CMP mosquito has a 73 inch wingspan and the only spinners that ever looked real on this thing were hand made by a few folks in this forum way back to post number 11 on page 1. I tried several times to get this person to tell us where he got his spinners, but never got a reply...Again Ido believe these were hand made....Ihave a photo attched all the way back from Page 1....

No one in the UnitedStates makes an aluminum 90 mm spinner that isn't pointed.... or at least rounded correctly to date.....

I knowI haven't found themyet...I think my friend Dave Brown may be able to help me on this one and custom make a set of these that would really make it look more authentic....I am sure they can customize them for me if I show them what I want...I can actually go to the factory and see about what he could do for ALL of us in thisfourm....If he can come up with something, I know he could sell a bunch of them to all of the owners of the CMP Mosquito......Theymay not be that dove graycolor, but if they looked morescale like they do on the realmosquito, that would certainly make a big difference...

I will check into that...

David

Name:	Db86332.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1834059  
Old 12-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Dangaras

I measured these and they are 75mm across the backplate. So you guys need another 15mm ! []
The were also designed for electrics. You could always use these as a template....
Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 PM
cathurga

Dangaras, thanks for looking into it for us, most appreciated.

Dave P, if you could get a set made up, I certainly would be interested. I hope to finish my mossie in a few weeks, and get her airborne. When she is trimmed out and flying well, I will start to do some work to 'finish' her off with regards to paint etc. I know that if I can paint the HK spinners I have, the impact of the pointiness they have, will be minimised a little by blending in on the color.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 PM
cathurga

BTW, in post #12 in this thread, user CharlieDelta has a set of spinners that look the business. They seem plastic, and a really nice profile!! I see he has not posted on the forums in a year and a half, but it would be nice to know what those are....
Old 12-27-2012, 01:12 AM
PeterF

I wondered about the Traplet spinner for the 71" Brian Taylor Mosquito but in looking I see that this is only 84mm diameter. I have the larger version of these on my 81" BT Mossie and they look good having the correct rounded front.

[link=http://www.trapletshop.com/gb/p/13084/aluminium-single-spinner-set]71" BT Mossie spinner[/link]
Old 12-27-2012, 04:42 AM
pete-itsnoteasy

Hi Guys, Found this Mosquito Restoration on clip U Tube hope you do not mind my posting Here, but I thought You may Enjoy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xvp2AeM68iM#!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
david polley

Dear Pete-itsnoteasy...,

WOW...............!!!!!!

Absolutely Outstanding....The best video I have ever seen of a DeHavilland Mosquito flying...Hats off to all of the wonderful folks who put her back together....Absolutely Beautiful Airplane....
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 AM
pete-itsnoteasy

Hi David , Another one Re Mosquito flying Information with A vampire & Spitfire Take & landing Included In the video Clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rGfQQWOsoB8#!

Ps is there page on this forum to post this type of video clips?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM
david polley

Dear Pete...

I was not able to see the second video...I think you have to hit "enter" after you type out the website so that all you have to do is click it....

In any event, your video you sent ofthe restored mossywas beautiful......I thought I would add one of mine that I took of my RC Mosquito and put to music when Irecorded several bits and pieces in slow motion and put them all together with this soundtrack.....

The link ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j-pCLKLqAc

I hope you like it....

David
Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 PM
pete-itsnoteasy

Hi David Thank's for the heads up I have now reset that post Works ok Now enjoy .... Very impressive model & flight liked slow motion .. More impressive is your flying site "Wow" . my club flying site is on top of a hill it's a Patch 70x60 yards I do get to fly off good runways at a few of the Competitions I attend .. Mind you the views from the patch are good .. i would post pic's but that might be classed as off topic .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rGfQQWOsoB8#!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM
david polley

Pete,

Thanks so much for that video..., and NO your photographs of your flyingfield would not be OFF TOPIC at all...I would love to see them and I am sure just about everyone else.......I cannot even begine to imagine what that pilot was even thinking when he was flying the rebuilt mosquito....Thanks again for that....Very Beautiful Airplane

I will share another video of a test flight of my mosquito before I carved out the nacells and installed them on the model...I was still fine tuning the engines on this (all mechanical, no computer programing) to make sure everything was working properly before I installed them over the engines...As you can hear, I have them pretty close......Also shows you more of our airfield.....Added some real nice photographs for you too....

That address is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZPewtLpsCE

Name:	Gd93732.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1834085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41057.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1834086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59252.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1834087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56000.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1834088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69716.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1834089  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 AM
pete-itsnoteasy

Cheers for the pic's, Some pic's of our hill top flying site as it is on a South Downs Conversation park area we cannot build or have a club house , ( Blackpatch Hill Findon Uk ) I do the mowing at the patch my flikr page is here . build content + pic's of my models flying including Dakota ..Some pic's of site added & one with my Dakota to conform with multi engine site .. Nice views from up here .

Flikr Page http://www.flickr.com/photos/pete-itsnoteasy/

Name:	Xu62463.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1834970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74070.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	1834971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30645.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1834972   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs51193.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1834973  
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 PM
mike early

Ken,

Like I said, Nitorplanes has the kit but they have it listed for $400.00.......I can tell you that NONE of us in this forum have ever paid $400.00 for the kit...I bought my last one from them 2 years ago for $189.00 so I do not know who they are kidding...I see they have an RC universe special on the model which they say is sold out for $225.00..... That has ALWAYS been the price it has sold for in the past....

I think they are trying to scam some folks becuase it's Christmas.....Keep looking around, I am sure you can find the parts you are looking for....

David

Total: $211.50 at Raidentech with coupon code monkeybargains

Thinking of finally getting one of these planes now that I have 2 Saito 72's looking for a home....
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM
david polley

Pete...

Beautiful photographs....Beautiful countryside...Thank you for sharing........

David
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 AM
david polley

Dear Mike,

Great Price......! All Nitroplanes needs is a little competition...Thanks for sharing....

David
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
badazzgti03

Hey everyone and happy new year!!!
I have been considering selling mine I have way too many projects going on and need funding for my current projects. A little info if anyone is interested: Main wing is in great shape and set up for electric conversion. has Eflite retracts with robart robostruts. Does come with engine cowls. Fuselage is in good condition, canopy has a few cracks and nose cone is in good condition. Covering for rudder has a tare in it. Has servo's for rudder and elevator, Ailerons and flaps. Will include 2X GMS 2000 .32 motors if someone wants to go nitro with this and have cowls for nitro conversion as well here is link to motors:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1790667

PM me if anyone is interested and we can work out price would prefer local pick up. I'm in MD/DC metro area by the way.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
cathurga

ORIGINAL: mike early

Ken,

Like I said, Nitorplanes has the kit but they have it listed for $400.00.......I can tell you that NONE of us in this forum have ever paid $400.00 for the kit...I bought my last one from them 2 years ago for $189.00 so I do not know who they are kidding...I see they have an RC universe special on the model which they say is sold out for $225.00..... That has ALWAYS been the price it has sold for in the past....

I think they are trying to scam some folks becuase it's Christmas.....Keep looking around, I am sure you can find the parts you are looking for....

David

Total: $211.50 at Raidentech with coupon code monkeybargains

Thinking of finally getting one of these planes now that I have 2 Saito 72's looking for a home....

Mike, go for it..... I bought mine from them a while back, and used the code CJFREESHIPPING and got the shipping to NY for free (was US$50 according to them when in my basket) not sure if it will work for you). I live in Dubai and there is a model shop here that has one for the equivalent of US$320....I might just buy it as a spare since these look to be discontinued and we are unlikely to see a model like this again anytime soon.

Badazz....ditch the other project and get 'er built man!!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM
badazzgti03

ok fine! lol
Ill just add it to my laundry list or projects that im currently working on..1. TF custom P51D mustang 60 converted to B model, HK 70mm viperjet, TF cessna 310, TF staggerwing and now CMP mossy. By the way for electric conversion which motor mounts do i need to get these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLCL4&P=0
or these? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLCL5&P=0

need to know so i can order

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.