Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

dualest 2/60

Old 12-31-2004, 01:04 PM
GSNut
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: dualest 2/60

ORIGINAL: BillS

GSNut,

Thanks, the wing loading is considerably less than I had guessed. Never flown at high altitude but the wing loading seems reasonable to someone whose airplanes are always too heavy.

Actually the ST 90’s and twin center tanks caught my attention. I have been considering something to bash into a 90 twin and the weight and wing loading was very helpful. Unfortunately I don’t have the skills to build so the only choice is to modify something already built.

Bill
BillS

Unfortunately..the 15 lbs. is my target weight and is nowhere near the finial dry weight when finished. I would like to acheive that, but what we want is sometimes not what we get in the end.
I have read some posts here where the 240 has come in at 11 to 13 lbs. and even one at 15 but they still fly, though the landings must be real smokers.

Seems like everything I like is fattening anymore, even to myself or to my aircraft. [] So if I can come in around 25 oz. per square ft. I had better be happy with that.

As the going rule of thumb here at a mile high we discount engine/propeller preformance by at least 13 percent so if that is the case then it only seems correct to apply that to the aircraft airfoils and etc. also. Ouch!!
Old 12-31-2004, 06:19 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bill and GSNut for the very good information.

Bill
Old 01-10-2005, 03:42 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: GSNut

BTW: Flyboy this thing eats up shop space like crazy while you build it. "No Foolin" []
Guess I better move a few of the 1/4 scales out eh. That 1500 SF shop got awfull small awfull fast!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anybody is in central tx this friday and saturday, we'll be having our annual swapmeet in Georgetown. I'll be selling my duellist 2/40. Dont need it. Will be starting on my 2/60 sometime in summer. More info at www.gamarc.org if interested. I'm the swapmeet director.
Edwin