Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

2/60 retracts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 12:52 PM
rpat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2/60 retracts?

ok guys now that I have a 2/60 on the way what retracts are you fellas going to put in this bird?
Also what is your opinion on engine choice for it? I was thinking a couple of Super Tiger 75's for it. What is your opinion on this?
Old 12-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2/60 retracts?

Rich,,
I like Super Tiger motors.. They are great motors.. However..

I have been using Tiger Sharks last couple years and have been
very impressed with them.. Plus they are lighter and less
money..
The basics of the ST:
HP = 2.1
Weight = 27oz
Cost<Tower> $110

The basics of the TS:
HP = 2.1
weight = 25oz
Cost <Kangkeusa> $90
So by using the Tiger Sharks you save $40 on motors and save
4oz of weight.. That a ΒΌ pound, and every oz less makes for a
better flying plane..

Also, KangkeUSA gives an [b]excellent] warranty and with no hassles..

Robby

-------------
Old 12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
DamonTX

My vote is for a pair of .60 FXs. I've got one and have been using it regularly on my Skytiger for about 4 years now. It has never failed me. $160 a piece but worth every penny.

Where did you get the 2/60? If you'd consider selling your 2/40 plans let me know. I just moved to a new town and the LHS just went out of business so I went in and gobbled up everything I could....got a ton of wood.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Damon:

Down the street from you, in Hollis NH, you'll find Northeast Aerodynamics. John now has the Duellist 2/60, along with the CAD and cutting files. If enough of us keep at him about it, he might take time away from producing the Twin-Air 45 and finish the work for kitting the "Duel-Air 2/60," same plane, different name.

The retract of choice seems to be Spring Air, but there are several of theirs that will do fine. Just have to decide how fancy you want them.

Bill.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:37 PM
rpat

Thanks for your replys guys.

Robby --I have never heard of tiger shark engines. Where can I get some info. on them.

Damon-- I have a set of plans for the Mk II. I have had tham for a long time. I may be wronr but I think I got them from RC Modeler plans service.....I think. Chack it out and lst me know, if that is not where I got them at I will try to dig them out and see if there is any info as to where they came from.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:10 PM
DamonTX

I spoke to John at Northeast Aerodynamics last night (via e-mail). He sounds like a really great guy. He told me he can sell all the lasercut parts for the 2/60 and is halfway finished with the CAD design for the plans. I told him I'd rather have a 2/40 but he is unable to built one because PICA holds the rights to it. So I told him to let me know when he's finished with the plans and I'll be right over to pick them up.

Northeast Aerodynamics relies on word of mouth and John is very excited to hear there might be some interest in the 2/60. Please, if your even thinking about building this plane, write to John and let him know. Also, John is totally open for suggestions on what we'd like to see in this kit and would especially like to hear any design recommendations.

I'm leaving Sunday for vacation and work training, I'll be gone for 5 weeks. When I get back, I'd like to do or take part in a build-a-long thread on the 2/60 shortly thereafter (gotta finish up another plane first). Hopefully, there will be others building one as well (hint hint).

rpat--thanks, I'll look for the 2/40 plan. I'd like to have a set even if I do the 2/60 and will do the 2/40 if the 2/60 falls through.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

rpat..
Tiger Shark is distributed in this country by:
Kangkeusa.com
Look at left column for TS engines..
Where their site may say "out of stock",
call and ask to be sure as site is a few days
behind usually..