Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

KMP B-25 CONSTRUCTION.

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP B-25 CONSTRUCTION.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 02:58 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP B-25 CONSTRUCTION.

My kit had a dented air cylinder & the sheet of vents for the cowl was partly crushed.
I contacted Don by e-mail about the problem. He said he had the parts in stock and would be sent right out.
I recieved them parcel post a week later!
The leading edg & trailing edge of my flaps & ailerons are painted and the back? front of the rear gunners canopy was not painted.
So apparently Andrew is changing things as we gripe to the better.
Larry

ORIGINAL: hhilandscaper

I'll second the no response from Andrew on replacement parts. I have emailed (w/pictures of the broken parts) and called since the week the kit arrived about a busted nose canopy and top turret. I'm getting a little concerned that my B-25 will have to fly with no nose. Maybe he will see this since the other ways aren't working.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:33 PM
tail strike

OOoops I'm full of it. On closer inspection I see that the trailing edge of the main wing under the flaps and aileron is NOT painted
Larry
Old 12-25-2005, 03:38 PM
tail strike

I have a question about the rudders and stearing on the nose wheel.
is the servo for the nose stearing and the rudder on a y connector so they work together?
Old 12-25-2005, 04:20 PM
hsalf

yes tailstrike i used a y lead on rudder but had to put the cables for nose steering in the closest hole hole on servo to dampen down excesive steering although you could probably use some expo on your computer radio.i also use gyro which helps keep it straight
Old 12-25-2005, 08:19 PM
SeaHawk

Hello Alan,

ORIGINAL: spitmad

Hey guys

we had TWO B25s flying formation last weekend, my old 25 modeled on the "Grumpy" paint scheme and my new B25 in all over siver with invasion stripes.

The site and sound of two twins (4 x 4 bangers) side by side 20 ft off the deck was a mechanical symphony, unfortunately we had no free hands to take any airborne shots ......[&o]
The old "single engine" crowd were going nuts.....seeing one twin flying is one thing.....seeing two in the air in VERY close proximity is another
The sound of 4 x 4 bangers certainly is great but 6 is better. At a recent [link=http://www.warbird.com.au]Southern Cross Air Force[/link] event an ESM B25 with 2 x Saito 72's was flown with a 1/10th B17 with 4 x OS 52's. Now that was a sight and sound to remember.

This particular B25 was also fitted with gen 3 retracts. After about 10 flights the screws holding the frames together where found to be loose which resulted in the plastic part you mentioned in another post failing. Quick hunt around found some stripped servo gears. One of these was turned down using a screw and nut through the centre and mounted in an electric drill. Nice fit and no more have failed since tightening the "hold together" screws.

Hope this info is of use to somebody.

Happy New Year to all.

Col
Old 12-25-2005, 10:00 PM
tail strike

sorry I didn't get back to you sooner here are some picks
ORIGINAL: Scott G

Could you post some pictures of the cockpit detail parts, or a link to them if you know of one? I didn't see anything about them on the KMP site...

Thanks
Scott.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70434.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	375616  
Old 12-25-2005, 10:54 PM
tail strike

ORIGINAL: tail strike

My kit had a dented air cylinder & the sheet of vents for the cowl was partly crushed.
I contacted Don by e-mail about the problem. He said he had the parts in stock and would be sent right out.
I recieved them parcel post a week later!
The leading edg & trailing edge of my flaps & ailerons are painted and the back? front of the rear gunners canopy was not painted.
So apparently Andrew is changing things as we gripe to the better.
Larry

ORIGINAL: hhilandscaper

I'll second the no response from Andrew on replacement parts. I have emailed (w/pictures of the broken parts) and called since the week the kit arrived about a busted nose canopy and top turret. I'm getting a little concerned that my B-25 will have to fly with no nose. Maybe he will see this since the other ways aren't working.

Name:	Ol31297.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	375636  
Old 12-25-2005, 10:59 PM
tail strike

ORIGINAL: Scott G

Could you post some pictures of the cockpit detail parts, or a link to them if you know of one? I didn't see anything about them on the KMP site...

Thanks
Scott.

Name:	Ec89888.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	375641  
Old 12-27-2005, 11:06 PM
bladebender
My Feedback: (5)

just started my B25 thinking about useing 72 saito 4 strokes what do you think Rich
Old 12-28-2005, 10:49 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

ORIGINAL: bladebender

just started my B25 thinking about useing 72 saito 4 strokes what do you think Rich
LMAO.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

I ordered my kit and a set of Robart retracts for the B-25, around the middle of Oct. this year....Got the kit,but no retracts yet...Anyone on here order a set of these retracts,since Oct.?..Did you get them yet?...Been a little over two months since the order...I know It's not KMP's fault about this,but like to know what the deal is.... I think I've been patient enough.................
Old 12-29-2005, 01:34 PM
hedgehog

Tail Strike

If I read this right, everything needed to "complete" the aircraft is included in the cockpit package (guns, etc.). How does the upper turret look when completed?

My son gave me this ARF, complete with engines, for Christmas. Now I have to come up with the on-board radio equipment.

Ken
Old 12-30-2005, 03:10 PM
tail strike

Ken
I haven't done anything with the cockpie kits yet. Ther are pertty basic the guns have to be cleaned up and painted. All the other parts are vacume formed plastic all parts have to be cut out, painted, and detailed. Some of the parts are balsa & dowles
They are going to be a project in it's self.
Larry S.

Edit
I forgot they include a CD with a lot of pictures of how things should look.
ORIGINAL: hedgehog

Tail Strike

If I read this right, everything needed to "complete" the aircraft is included in the cockpit package (guns, etc.). How does the upper turret look when completed?

My son gave me this ARF, complete with engines, for Christmas. Now I have to come up with the on-board radio equipment.

Ken

Name:	Xv63825.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	378079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75205.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	378080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq49020.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	378081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74578.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	378082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh18883.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	378083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96138.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	378084  
Old 12-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO
what does that mean ?
Old 12-31-2005, 10:44 AM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

LMAO means.... Laughing my A_s OFF
BTW by the way
KIT Keep in touch
KIA killed in Action
FORD Found on Road dead
FORD Fixed or repaired daily
Ford First on Race Day
SBD slow but deadly

So does anyone have anymore videos of the B-25 Flying?? How about dropping bombs...??????? You guys and gals HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
[email protected]

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THOSE BUILDING THE B25 ARE USING TWISTED CABLE FOR SERVO EXTENSIONS? I DID SPEAK WITH A VENDOR WHO RECOMMENDS AN ITEM CALLED THE GLITCH BUSTER WHICH WILL HELP POWER THE SERVOS WITH OUT INTERFERENCE. CAN ANY ONE OFFER SUGGESTIONS ON THESE ITEMS ??? THANKS
Old 01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
SeaHawk

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THOSE BUILDING THE B25 ARE USING TWISTED CABLE FOR SERVO EXTENSIONS? I DID SPEAK WITH A VENDOR WHO RECOMMENDS AN ITEM CALLED THE GLITCH BUSTER WHICH WILL HELP POWER THE SERVOS WITH OUT INTERFERENCE. CAN ANY ONE OFFER SUGGESTIONS ON THESE ITEMS ??? THANKS
The construction I assisted with did not use twisted extension cable. We have, thus far, had no interference problems.

If you are concerned you might try two turns around a ferrite core at mid length. These can be had from old computer motherboards. I'm sure that there is a how-to on the forums somewhere.

Col

Old 01-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Jimmy Bananas

To Whom It May Concern:

In regards to the retract units from 'Robart", they will be ready this week according to the people at robart's...There are 20 persons waiting for these units,,,Andrew had a long conversation with them hopefully got the ball rolling...He is currently in China, on a business trip...Now we'll see if Robart lives up to it's word...Don't move that dail..... Stay tuned to the same station for further details "Who Knows what lurks in the minds of men".......The Shadow Do........
Old 01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
pc55bomber

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Hi
You dont need anything fancy, if you are in doubt simply twist the cables and put a Ferrite ring AS CLOSE TO THE RECEIVER AS POSSIBLE. Go thru the ring about 3 times and you should not have any probs at all.
You can get the ferrite rings at electronic shops like Dick Smith.
To twist the cables you DRILL them. Stick one end in a vice or pliers and the other in the drill and go steady this will twist the wires perfectly.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Paul
Old 01-13-2006, 03:15 PM
scottonium
My Feedback: (5)

Does anyone think this plane will fly with 2 OS 52's?
Old 01-16-2006, 02:30 PM
starberfarbin
My Feedback: (3)

Hey guys....

I'm thinking of getting the Combo with the RCV91CD's along with the Robart Gear,wheels,brakes and cockpit kit. Just
wondering if this is a good way to go. I've read the thread (and thank you for all the great info!) but I could'nt seem to
find if anyone had gone the RCV route. I haven't even called Andrew yet to check on availablility at this point.

Seems like a wonderful warbird to add to the "ol hanger stash' and still be able to have one to enjoy flying! (seems some
birds are fun to build but don't fly for crap and become hanger queens! I guess we've all got a couple of those around collecting
dust!)

Thanks for such a GREAT thread!

Stu
Old 01-16-2006, 07:53 PM
tail strike

hey Stu
I went with the RCV 90 check out RCV's web site. The 90 is a straight engin, no head to stick
out throught the cowl, no holes in the cowl .
From what I have read though a 60 size would be plenty for that plane.
When you talk to Andrew ask him what he recomendes.
Larry
Old 01-18-2006, 12:37 PM
POaks

It probably will but I think that it would be marginal at best. Be very careful at takeoff that you climb SLOWLY....and make sure you have plenty of ground speed before you haul back on the stick. I'm putting RCV 91's in mine but then some might considered this overkill. With the added weight mine is going to have (operating bombay complete w/ payload, guns, dual batteries, etc., I think that I will need it. I'd rather only fly at 2/3 throttle knowing I have some extra horses than wish I had more with a wallowing airplane.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 AM
Jimmy Bananas

POaks:

Have quite bit in mine just like yours,but am using Magnum 91 4 strokes...Don't think it's over kill with the additional weight on the plane..right now am at a stand still on it..waiting for paint and those retracts from Robart..supposely, they were suppose to be in this week..will write to Andrew today and fine out if they are in (Retracts)....Also waiting for pilots...they need to be painted...Two in the cockpit,and one in the nose,with a machine gun...probably test fly in the spring...still winter around here...
Old 01-19-2006, 05:40 AM
ivancant

Jimmy,

Which pilots are you using?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.