Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

How About Electric for TwinStar???

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

How About Electric for TwinStar???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:36 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How About Electric for TwinStar???

Hi;Don't know if this should be here or in one of the electric sites!Like twins but getting tired of limping back on one engine!!Have one now with Mag 28s and is real nice flyer but seems should be lite enough for electrics!Afraid of the cost should use brushless etc and they sure look to get expensive!Very limited experience with electrics mostly brushed motors etc.Seems like this should be a good canidate for electric power as is pretty lite weight.My new one is sitting in the garage waiting for a decision and as long as the old one is good no use rushing!!Any thoughts on this project both equipment and possible cost!Thanks!!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: How About Electric for TwinStar???

moodier,
Myself I am very limited in electric knowledge... Brent Convey here on RCU might be
a good person to ask about this as he has done a few plane of various sizes in electric..
I have thought about doing one with electric cuz as you said,, should be light enough
and should be easy enough... Plus would make a nice package... Cost,, hhmmm,,
that could be a problem....

Robby

Oh,, and the ** Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft ** forum is for
ANY multi power plant aircraft... So yes, this is proper place..
Old 04-13-2005, 07:33 AM
dadp47

I've been working with Dave at Electric Aero Modeling USA in "electrifying" my VQ P-61. He has been very helpful in motor, prop, speed control and battery selection. Going electric is more expensive than wet. For the P-61 wet power would be about $400, electric power is budgeted at $1000. However, I won't have to pay for a quart of gas for each flight, and better yet the fear of flame-out is nearly erased (still could happen with electric) saving repair or new plane dollars. His web site is www.eam.net and you can get his phone number there. Good luck.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:01 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

HI;
Thanks for the replies!I tried that web site that Dap gave but get one of those not available pages don't know if is the site or my old computer!So hard to spend the money to make the switch!!At Tucson this weekend fellow had a Fokker?tri motor electric saw couple flites no engine outs!!!Would be nice if someone could tell you exactly what to get so everything would work together!!Hard to figure engine size looks like maybe not to bad to figure the ESC as you should know amps.Then the battery size question and they can get expensive.
HAven't actually lost a twinstar thru engine outs they ususally can make it back.Can't say the same for my Tower P-38 2 crashes with it last on climb out settled the issue permanently.Twins actually aren't any hared to fly than anyother the main problem being the dead engine thing!!Electric should pretty well settle that problem??Well thanks will see if get any othere ideas!Bob
Old 04-13-2005, 09:09 AM
dadp47

The website address in my reply does not work as a link (I tried it ). You have to copy the address into your address tool bar and that should work. Sorry.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The URL does work as a link <now> .. So go for it.....