Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

my twins

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 05:50 AM
timrcpilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my twins

I love the sound of a twin.

I had a Twinstar......I loved it, (except the covering material)... may she RIP now.....(dumb thumbs)!!

I built a Bronco OV-10... twin 25's....from the Hobby Hanger Kit...was very heavy...very heavy... very heavy... and it flew that way too... I lost an engine, and the plane went behind a building on our flying site,....may it RIP... it was too heavy to fix, not worth the effort.

But now I just got another Twinstar......(used) with 25FX's...can't wait.....hope the weather in Nebraska on Sunday is nice enough to fly it!!! (doubtful)...

I will strip the covering and recover it this winter... may even round some of the corners off the boxish fuselage... I will post pictures when I get done..
Old 11-06-2002, 12:42 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my twins

While you have the covering off, it would be a good idea to touch up joints that are'nt glued. Maybe even glass the wing center section top and bottom to strengthen it. I also put in dual aileron servos. I know others that added retracts that looked pretty cool too. Just a thought.
Edwin
Old 11-06-2002, 01:52 PM
benjijr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my twins

I just refinished my ov-10 last week and it flew nice "after" I pushed the CG back about 1/4". It also flew heavy with original CG and the engine flamed out, which cause a death spiral. Here is a pic of what it looks like now......
Attached Images