Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Small Gasoline Twin

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Small Gasoline Twin

I will. I need to review my options. Lot of friends willing to help. I was asked by Robby what I wanted it to do and it was a hard question to answer. I guess I like the sound, look, and there are some things I want to try.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:51 PM
iron eagel

I think there are b-25 arf's that would work with gas engines of that size.
I would think there would be a lot within the warbird type of aircraft that would fit the bill.
A 1/4 scale piper arrow, turn it into a twin?
A Cessna Skymaster?
A quarter scale cub might be converted to a twin.
Keep in mind you need an airframe that has a lot of rudder control in the case of an engine out.
You would also want to have your first twin to have the engines as close in to the fuselage as possible, to minimize yaw; if you want to bash something into a trainer.
I have seen a lot of aircraft bashed into multi engine planes.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM
wilga12

Say Geistware...................................How goes the twin search??

Not long ago I was looking for a "Sport type" twin that would be appropriate for my pair of 45cc glow motors, and I contacted www.btemodels.com and talked with Bruce. He told me that his Super Flying King, has a twin option. Now, in my case, he said that he thought that the plane would be a little small for two 45's. But given the large amount of wing and the way it flies, you may be able to "Bash" it to just what your lookin for. I do remember that you said that you aren't a builder,well that may just be where you can make use of some of the folks that have volunteered assistance.

When you go to the site, scroll to the bottom of the page,after selecting Super Flying King. At the top, If I remember correctly, the plane breaks down pretty small for transport...........Hope this helps..............................Dave

PS. I think I do remember Bruce saying that the plane is available as an ARF as well as a kit.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Well, I came across this site and they supply the kit and not the plans.
http://www.kitcutters.com/

I have been looking at the Cessna 310R.
I like the looks, I like the 410 better but it is too big.
I will make a decision soon.