Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

NEW KMP TWIN - Adam Aircraft A500

Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

NEW KMP TWIN - Adam Aircraft A500

Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Scott Douglas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW KMP TWIN - Adam Aircraft A500

Mmmm, its the outer portion of the booms I have a problem with... I masked off the areas where's you're supposed to drill holes for a locating dowel and the whole surrounding areas just collapsed [:@]
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Scott Douglas
Mmmm, its the outer portion of the booms I have a problem with... I masked off the areas where's you're supposed to drill holes for a locating dowel and the whole surrounding areas just collapsed [:@]
Have no got that far with mine but understand exactly what you're saying. That may not be the only area you'll experience that problem.. just sayin..

Also take a good look at the drilled out points for hinges.. Had a flap or two and aileron, maybe both, can't recall.. in which the holes were off center or didnt line up with the part to be mated. Additionally, the wood blocks that are supposed to hold the hinge in place... some of those were drilled off to the side of the blocks so the hinge had no bit, in other words it was only half a hole. I did fix that stuff by filling and re-drilling etc.. then glassed the crappy trailing edge, it'll work now, but just one of many things on a long list. Granted, I got one of the first off the ship, those following were likely not built any different. I'll get mine done someday... far too cool a plane to give up on.. last I spoke with KMP about it, I think only 24 shipped, not sure how many sold. Also, on hinges you should add some carbon tube or such into the mounting blocks, I seriously doubt the wood is strong enough to support the hinge just glued or epoxied in. (KMP also suggested that and sent me some small cut tubes, but they were too large in diameter). Am hoping that having re-glassed those areas, they be strong enough without needing the extra support. Also had to rebuild or buildup the servo hatches some of the servo bays, those were really weak!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Scott Douglas

Been there done that I'm afraid....waiting on YT to get back to me on the quality issues but I doubt there's much they can do and I don't hold them responsible, just wish Stevie Wonder wasn't the QC boss on this

4.45pm here so off to better things Have a great weekend
Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Not impressed either with the YT/ESM PC9 worst ARTF I have built, would'nt touch one again, too many stupid mistakes, bad gluing and very simple things not done like cross hair marking on the firewall, resulting in many hours work and head scratching, trying to get prop shaft in the middle of a 3" hole in the front of the cowl, this is a basic requirement done on the cheapest of ARTF's.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 AM
Scott Douglas

Sorry for the lack of updates, I suffered a pretty serious heart attack at the beginning of February (VERY unexpectedly at the ripe old age of 44) and it would seem I'm lucky to be here writing this (as the docs have told me anyways!!)

Once I know where I'm going and what my recovery is likely to be I'll decide whether to continue with it or sell and move to something smaller. At the moment it's pretty positive though

Scott
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for the lack of updates, I suffered a pretty serious heart attack at the beginning of February (VERY unexpectedly at the ripe old age of 44) and it would seem I'm lucky to be here writing this (as the docs have told me anyways!!)

Once I know where I'm going and what my recovery is likely to be I'll decide whether to continue with it or sell and move to something smaller. At the moment it's pretty positive though

Scott
Wish you speedy recovery and future health. That's scary for sure. Be well

JQ
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Scott
[X(] ..damn! Have a quick recovery... hang tough!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:50 AM
Scott Douglas

Well it's been a rough time and getting to a stage where I actually feel like touching a model took a lot longer than expected. At the moment I'm apparently recovering well (on new medication that's made an incredible difference) so its back to the hanger!

I've had plenty of time to ponder this model and I think it's something I can live with... I hate giving up on one

Despite the stupid, horrific, daft, mad price.... my wife said I can have the Hanger 9 60CC Corsair if I finish this first..... always obey the Mrs!!!

Updates to follow....

Scott
Old 01-23-2014, 03:41 PM
andreagiglio

hi all.j write from italy and finding adam a500 kmp model.....someone can send me some? news about?...or sell me?
Andrea [email protected]
Old 01-26-2014, 05:13 AM
Scott Douglas

Andrea,

Try contacting YT International here in the UK.. Wilson may have one left.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:48 AM
andreagiglio

hello all.j write frome italy,rome.j had a veri beautiful kmp adam a500 .the best in italy..... Unfortunately I have to give you some news. My adam 500 was stolen. someone broke into my garage where I had other planes, but they stole only the adam .. The thieves, however, 'have not taken the tailplane and fuselage. Please, if someone were contact you for spare parts at Adam, you can contact me. in Italy there are only two..... mine and enzo riccio..thanksMy adam has behotec retracts,brakes two os fs 81 [email protected]
>
> Andrea giglio
>
Old 03-04-2014, 10:23 AM
slevin1
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks. I'm sorry to here that.
Saul
Old 01-25-2018, 12:10 PM
BT Sniper

Revising old thread here.

It's been 8 years since I worked on the A500. I got it almost to the point of ready to fly when the company I was working for went a different direction and scraped the project. It was some of my best work in custom modifications to an RC airplane. Increased length of fuse for payload, modified nose to attach custom components, increased wing area and swept it, increases area of vertical fins, increased size of stab and elevator. Was going to run a large twin cylinder pusher. Never got a chance to see what it could do and don't know what happened to the plane. I no longer work for the company, it was a bad split and has taken me nearly this long to put the feelings in the past but I did find a few more pics of what I was able to accomplish. Took it further then what is shown here but only got these pics, owner of company took more but not sure I'll ever see them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pcMCe9Cl.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2252181

Name:	zVKj7Hll.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	2252182

Name:	1VuIYBIl.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2252183

Name:	OL9xJHIl.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	2252184

Name:	P4ea4eGl.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2252185

Name:	0jRMtLhl.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2252186

Name:	x4zad4jl.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2252187

Hope to get back into the sport again someday.

BT
Old 01-25-2018, 12:24 PM
slevin1
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome job!! I hope you finish it. I still have yet to build mine.
Saul
Old 01-25-2018, 12:27 PM
BT Sniper

Thanks,

Sadly I will probably never see her again. Company that I was working for owned it and is now no longer in business.

Last edited by BT Sniper; 01-25-2018 at 08:45 PM.