Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 45 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2259

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: KMP F-7F Tigercat

Hope these pictures come through - Chuck Winter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo41361.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	1020954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up47936.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	1020955  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-Cat Builders - Trying to send LARGE pictures!

Col. Chuck Winter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-Cat Builders - Trying to enlarge my pictures - New Apple Computer is GREAT but I'm not !!!!!!

Col. Chuck Winter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-Cat Builders One More Time - CTW

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-Cat Builders, still trying with pictures. CTW

Name:	Sq47553.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	1022073  

Just going out to fly my Tigercat with some carb mods, wish me luck. Richard.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

good luck!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Richard,,,

What carb mods you doing,,,i have the same donks

Cheers Wayne

She has flown and no engine failures. Flew without cowls, carbs fitted with trumpets and balancer tubes soldered to diaphragm steel covers. This tube must reach exactly to the end of the trumpet.This will mean that when the cowls are fitted the air pressure will be now measured at the carb intake. I will also be baffling my cowls to reduce the amount of air in and direct the air through engine fins only. this will give better cooling for the engines.
    She flew superb and the engines never missed a beat. Richard.

Name:	Zx69854.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1022303  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-Cat Builders, Still trying to send LARGER PICTURES - Be patient with me, I'm OLD and Married !!!!!!!!! I wanted to show my Engine Choke Lever pull devise that is used when I put the cowls on.

Col. Chuck Winter

Name:	Jh14498.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	1023012  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Everyone,

I bought one of these about a year and half ago, And messed with it a little. I think I have the first generation, I had it out in the sun today and the wing started to have little bubbles pop up. Will KMP take care of this? I test ran the engines for the first time today, And do the sound Awsome!. I have G-20s on the Nacells. I still have to set Nacell Doors, I dont have much clue yet on how to do this. Im not real impressed with the retracts that come with it, I like the the sierras, but cant afford them at this time, Whats the next best allternative?

Hey Chuck Winters, I think you might know who I am.

Doug Dowling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Doug, Great hearing from you. You can now join the ranks of the frustrated Tigercat owners. This has been a LONG JOURNEY for me. I have never spent so much time on a model project in my life. I don't know how good the NEW GENERATION KMP retracts are but I finally purchased a set of Sierra retracts and they are QUALITY. The Sierra Brake system is impressive. I have been taxing around the neighborhood to dial in the Fuji engines and check the brake system. If you followed the Tigercat Posts, I flew my Tigercat once with RCV 91 engines. The ANSWER IS, "YES" I wet my pants. I had a 30 pound airplane hanging on two very underpowered engines. The flight lasted about 2 minutes. It was Takeoff, Downward Leg, Turn to final and landing. I have a lot of pictures of my main and nose gear door installation on page 23, 24, 25, 26. I also have functioning small nose gear doors that are right behind the long nose gear door. Keep in touch.

Col. Chuck Winter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Col,
    I think the problem you are having is caused by the size of the pics you are uploading.
    A 16k pic (320x224)is going to remain small. Try increasing the pic size to 640x480 or 800x600.
    I increased the size of your original to illustrate.

ORIGINAL: CHARLES WINTER

T-Cat Builders, Still trying to send LARGER PICTURES - Be patient with me, I'm OLD and Married !!!!!!!!! I wanted to show my Engine Choke Lever pull devise that is used when I put the cowls on.

Col. Chuck Winter

Name:	Ig13561.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	1024526  
    Why do they call it "dead weight" if it keeps your airplane alive?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCnut Try calling KMP for your concerns, I found them very attentive and helpful in resolving my issues. I am building the latest version now in full composite. The old retracts are spring down and not well designed. They have available the new generation fives that function much better. I have included a pic of one. If you can't afford the sierra's like me either, maybe they will give you some kind of trade in. They are much improved and may be a less expensive solution.

Name:	Ax72974.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	1024563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr54742.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	1024564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xc79675.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	1024565  
    flytaildragger;
    The skill is in the rudder!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some more input, in the pics below, I have a simple and relative inexpensive gear door installation design that works rather well. A single robart air cylinder of one inch travel is used in this Y configuration. The hinges are robarts as well. The engines are Saito 125's in a inverted install utilizing Keleo Creations inverted Pitts mufflers. Everthing is nice and clean with the least amount of weight to the airframe and enough power to get this heavy plane in the air. A little scale bonus is the airscoops are a little more realistic with the additions of aluminum screening attached with canopy glue.

Name:	Yv66131.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	1024568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hc92240.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	1024569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ns45316.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	1024570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ha78514.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	1024571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl29288.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	1024572  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy78886.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	1024573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mj24692.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	1024574  
    flytaildragger;

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys for the help, I called KMP today and spoke with Andrew, They have a special buy on Gen 5 retracts if you have the sloppy Gen 4s, I found that I have the the early Gen 4s, Bummer is that the Gen 5s are on back order for a month,, And I just got motivated to get it done. On Sunday I fired both G-20s, That got my heart rate up a bunch, This is my first twin, Im not to worried about a flame out, I can fly a brick if its got power of some sort, LOL. Id post a video of the run up, But cant figure out how to do so.

As far as the bubbles in the wings, They didnt really want to discuss that. {Imagine that},. Id figure as sonn as I got it up, and everthing goes well, Id repaint later. I will try to post some pics soon to share with everyone.

Thanks
    Doug

You will be so impressed by the performance of the Zenoah 20's. A little tip, make sure your carb is drawing air from outside the cowl or inside the nacelle. I also fitted a balancer pipes to carbs.(see earlier post) Intially I had no trumpets fitted, to keep carbs within the cowl and suffered 2 engine failures Since modifying mine, my engine failures seem to have gone. I am also baffling my cowls to force air through the fins on cylinder only. Good luck with the run up's and maiden. I have got century Jet retracts fitted to mine, these are made for the F7F.
    Cheers Richard.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flytaildragger, great work! Now can you detail out how you constructed this setup? Are the doors sequenced? Did you setup a small wheel door as well?
    Chasman

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well Richard, Thanks for the compliment.

The answer to your questions;; the sequencing process costs a lot of extra money. I am choosing to attach the doors to another channel on my radio since I have nine. The doors will operate with my command. I suppose it is possible to electronically sequence the doors somehow but I haven't researched it. Like I said in my original post in a different thread in this forum, this is a poorman's solution to sequencing the doors. A simple door valve isn't much and a single air cylinder for two doors is sufficient. The sequencing valve from Performance specialities ( at least I think that is what they are called) is $115. I am just tired of all the nit picking items that go into one of these aircraft that just dings your pocket book to death. So, the doors are on one channel and the gear is on another. I just need to keep the sequencing in mind in case of an emergency landing! If anyone has any ideas on the subject, I would like to hear it.

The Y linkage has to be installed in front of the strut. The mount for the linkage was made out of flattened brass tubing that is soldered together with silver solder. A 2-56 allthread is sandwiched in between the two layers of brass. You now have a mount for the linkage that will screw right into the air cylinder. I had to remove a small section of the retract bay bulkhead to get a screw driver in there to anchor the cylinder below the servo bay. Drilled a hole the size of the cylinder throught the top of the servo bay and strapped the top of the cylinder with aluminum strap, once again made out of flattened tubing. The horn part on the door itself is made out of flat aluminum epoxied to a small piece of plywood and then glued to the door itself. Positions of the mounts will be critical to acquire the full open and full closed operation of the doors. The robart hinges are great.

The doors and the gear operate on different air systems but are fed by two tanks of air instead of one. Both tanks work together, however, in supplying the air to both systems.

As far as the small wheel doors, they are a decent design idea but not to scale. I like keeping the airframe as original as possible. I will be making the original design work well. The modification to the front strut to keep the wheel straight when the gear retracts (from KMP) was a good solution. Good luck!
    flytaildragger;

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey FTD,
    I'm REALLY glad you brought your pics and ideas to this thread.
    You were commenting on the inability to make things sequence - and then said you have a 9-ch radio to work with.
    Here's an idea, depending on which radio you are using....
    I have a new JR9303 2.4 that has the ability to control the servo speeds. The Futaba 9C may do it also.
    Why not go VERY SLOW on the RETRACT SERVO and REGULAR SPEED on the DOOR SERVO (mix them since you already have them on separate channels) when you select GEAR DOWN.
    And then go VERY SLOW on the DOORS and REGULAR SPEED on the RETRACT SERVO when you select GEAR UP.
    That way, the doors won't interfere with the gear either way, because of the speeds at which the air systems get activated. Should work - sequencing and NO additional $$$!!!
    I'm switching my T-cat over to 2.4 along with my KMP B-25.
    Another neat feature of servo speeds is the ability to make the flaps extend and retract in a very scale-like manner.
    I'm also using it on my B-25 in order to slightly slow down the throttles because I believe that gassers sometimes can't take the throttles snapping open and closed like we are used to doing with our glow engines. Obviously you won't probably use that for yours since you are 4-stroking it!
    Keep up the good work!
    F82FAN
    HANGAR.... YOU KEEP PLANES IN THE HANGAR!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you F-82, I wish I had the savy to program it because I also have the same radio only in 72 meg. Will it program that sequencing process like yours? That is a great idea if it will. The 9303 is a great radio value don't you think? If it will do it, I will get out my manual and start studying.. lol.
    flytaildragger;

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey FTD,
    Alright!!!
    You've seen the "Caveman" commercials??? That would be me with a computer radio - total idiot, but somehow I figured it out with the help of the manual (imagine a guy reading instructions - perish the thought!!!)
    You are gonna start cracking up when you see all that you can do with this radio... Your T-cat will be a whole new animal!

1) Mix the Gear channel with an unused AUX (2 or 4) channel.

(This thing will also give you independant throttle trims, so first get into the SYSTEM menu and select "WING TYPE" and select "TWIN E." and plug the throttles into the THR and AUX3 channels. You'll be GLAD you did, because you will not be fiddling around trying to get the linkages perfectly matched - you can do it all with independant trims. The left throttle trim will be next to the throttle stick, and the right engine will be on the "AUX TRIM" button)

2)In my manual, the info on adjusting servo speed is on page A-35 under SRV. SPEED - SERVO SPEED heading. Just turn the radio on and then push the LIST button and in the middle of the page is "SRV. Speed". Click on it and then it will show ALL of the servos. Just hilight the GEAR channel and SLOW the down side, but keep the up side in NORM.
    Then go to AUX(2 or 4 whichever you plugged the doors into) and SLOW the up side and keep the down side NORM. You can slow it down up to 15-seconds if you wanted to. Wah-Lah - instant sequencing!!!

Yes, the 9303 a GREAT VALUE and VERY handy for us TWIN flyers!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh, and by the way FTD,
    I have TWO 5-cell 3300Mah (main ships) batteries, plus ONE 3-cell 3600 for on-board glow stuffed up in the nose above the NLG for balance and we didn't have to add any additional weight with my YS's, which should comp to your Saito's. I finally broke down and bought a scale to see where we stand, and mine is right at 26LBS - even after a full add-lightness program! Flys great though, so it's NOT scary at all and is VERY light on it's feet during TO n L.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

F-82, remember when I complained No MOre money!! Well that was after I decided to purchase the Twin Syncing system. I have that installed in my Cat and it does everything automatically. The engines will sync at the same rpm in flight and it is done electronically. I watched a friend of mine who owns a large P-38 and the death spiral is a scary thing when an engine quits. I also will have two 2700 six cell packs in the nose one is the main battery and the other is a backup. the glow batteries are a single C cell in the nacelles. The twin sync system does many things but most importantly, it drops the other engine when or if one quits to allow recovery. When you have it, you simply back off the throttle and advance it again to bring the live engine to life. This is my first twin and I have never flown a twin before so it will be exciting. It is nice to know what that radio can do, maybe I should study the manual LOL... The twin sync system was expensive but worth it if it only once saves me from maneuvering out of that death spiral I am afraid of. The twin sync system offers on board glow as well. I mounted red LED's in the nacelle on top to let me know when the glows are lit.. 13, 14, 16 servos all digital....That was money... I love the complicated systems so now I am going to slow down my servos for both the flaps and the gear... Thanks
    flytaildragger;

On my JR PCM9X,( not sure what your number in the States is)9303? You have a twin engine function and once you have inhibited AUX2 or other in DEVICE SELECT then enter WING TYPE, then push TWIN E you can then select AUX2 or other. once you have pushed enter, go back to LIST you can then select the THROTTLE CURVE program where you have a 6 point throttle curve on both engines( RTH0 and LTH0) to perfectly sync your engines from idle to full chat. This works superb and I use this on all my twins. Hope this helps Richard.

Page 45 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast