Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1867

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Palmer 132

Props4ever,

No Facebookand unfortunately my birdy is in storage (safe storage) for now. I lost my construction room when one of my daughters decided to get married and needed the space to store all her aquiring loot. LOL. Pics will have to wait until I can get it out again.

As for the box. I built it out of 5/8" particle malemine vaneer and made the walls of the same. I made the walls just high enough to allow the LE rib to be clamped to it. Keep in mind you will need to cut two sets of notches because the wings are backwards to each other. I cut the notches one set on each wall for max clamping room for the rib. I will try to get pics asap. I only made it big enough to make one wing at a time.

Yes I got the extensions into the fuselage. Makes the bird 9.5' long now. The crew and Paratroop doors will now be servo as well. I will be using Luxeon Rebel stars for my Landing Lights. I believe they have a 3 mile range. 4 of those blasting through the evening sky.

As for the RCV 90SPs. KMP used to sell them but their website doesn't seem to work anymore. You could try contacting WestonUK in the UK. They have bought the RCV line. http://www.rcvengines.com/rcv_modelhome.htm (weston url doesn't work either [:@]) Here is the new WestonUK website. Try the contact page (at the bottom) to see if they will point you to someone in Canada.

Dave

Dave

Well guys i needed a bit of change so i took some of my planes in backyard to take there pictures together, well these are just few from my whole collection, mostly projects under different stages and then after the photo shoot "Hercules" went into the new shop to get immediate attention from me as it's not in good state of health at this time. I will have to go over whole structure of the fuselage thoroughly as i noticed more loose joints of old glue and wood being totally dried out!. This 130 will go through major rehab starting today at some point of time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo40846.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	1270635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Di99670.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	1270636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk27668.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	1270637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hd94733.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	1270638  
    I do believe in KISS (Keep it simple silly), but doesn\'\'t mean my models fall in this category!
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

ORIGINAL: dmcconneyherc

Props4ever,

No Facebookand unfortunately my birdy is in storage (safe storage) for now. I lost my construction room when one of my daughters decided to get married and needed the space to store all her aquiring loot. LOL. Pics will have to wait until I can get it out again.

As for the box. I built it out of 5/8'' particle malemine vaneer and made the walls of the same. I made the walls just high enough to allow the LE rib to be clamped to it. Keep in mind you will need to cut two sets of notches because the wings are backwards to each other. I cut the notches one set on each wall for max clamping room for the rib. I will try to get pics asap. I only made it big enough to make one wing at a time.

Yes I got the extensions into the fuselage. Makes the bird 9.5' long now. The crew and Paratroop doors will now be servo as well. I will be using Luxeon Rebel stars for my Landing Lights. I believe they have a 3 mile range. 4 of those blasting through the evening sky.

As for the RCV 90SPs. KMP used to sell them but their website doesn't seem to work anymore. You could try contacting WestonUK in the UK. They have bought the RCV line. http://www.rcvengines.com/rcv_modelhome.htm (weston url doesn't work either [:@]) Here is the new WestonUK website. Try the contact page (at the bottom) to see if they will point you to someone in Canada.

DAVE

OK no problem we will wait till you can bring out your bird from the back of the curtain..lolz

I will wait for your pictures to see if i can make something like yours that will work for my OB wings. Just super Dave, can't wait to see her pictures with fuselage extension plugs.....

Well our Captain Mike of this mania once said his RCVs might be up for grabs as he was exploring electric power venues for his BIG BIRD, let's see when he responds as i'm ways away from that stage at this time...

Sam

I do believe in KISS (Keep it simple silly), but doesn\'\'t mean my models fall in this category!
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Props4ever,

Don't be afraid to just keep removing until you get to the good stuff (no matter how far you have to go). If in doubt ... R&R (remove and replace).

Dave

Props4ever,

Don't be afraid to just keep removing until you get to the good stuff (no matter how far you have to go). If in doubt ... R&R (remove and replace).

Dave
    You bet i will

Shop is still under organizing and change over works and will take sometime for me to figure out where i would want what in there, so bare with me till i set all the set up professionally...

CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Another update:

I started to fix the longerons that were broken on the main frame and then started to do cleaning of old glue followed by re-gluing the few loose bulkheads and truss frames on the left aft fuselage. While all new glue joints were pinned together, i went on taking off all the loose/worn out sheeting from forward fuselage. Presently i would say only 30% of the original good sheeting is left on the top n sides of fuselage and rest is bare frame work. (Haven't touched bottom as yet) There is another bulkhead that i found split/broken in upper part of forward fuselage through which air lines and wire are going through for nose gear. I will fix that tomorrow. I also took out warped sheeting from both sides of the fin but not all of it, just 25% i'd say.

To re-glue im using GP Aliphatic resin as that's all i have left apart from 12 mins H9 epoxy!...

We'll post latest pictures tomorrow.....
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Present pictures...

Well "Hercules" is sitting on it's all wheels as of last night, i had pumped some air in the system and opened the valve by hand for left mains to retract!.

Can any of you guys tell me how much sheets i would need for this bird including for OB wings also, i rather buy once in bulk at upcoming KW Scale rally event. I'm thinking on getting sheeting in these sizes: 4" x 3/32" x 32L" or 4" x 3/32 x 48L". Thanks

Name:	Nl28401.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	1271044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up48488.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	1271045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hm24889.jpg 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	1271046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77366.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1271047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk30497.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	1271048  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ye84263.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	1271049  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Hercules had to be set on it's working stands, man these are very handy to have specially for this model!!. The reason why i moved the model from the work table is because lack of working space on the main frame behind left main gears!, this is where fuselage curves upwards to the stabilizer.
    Main truss joint in there was loose and had to be cleaned first then re-glued properly. I used H9 12 min epoxy for this joint and other truss joints that were loose also. I believe that these lower joints should be glued as strong as possible as they take double vertical shock specially on landings and then cargo loading ramp is right there too. Some more top/side bulkheads were cleaned and re-glued. I used screws to temporally bandage the left top longeron as it needed to be pulled in order to re attach with it's other half. Epoxy was again used to repair this joint.

Name:	Ca82493.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	1271343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dz80823.jpg 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	1271344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va71576.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	1271345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca82398.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	1271346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw72447.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	1271347  

CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Props4ever,

Are thinking of glassing your bird after skinning? This will greatly increase the strength of the bird considering all the concens you have. This is what I will be doing with mine.

I don't know what you have for a wing box. I built mine like a freight train. This is the point in the bird that will take tha vast majority of stress.

I do not know at this point how much sheeting I will need.

I found some old pictures (none of the wing jig - sorry).

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok I thought I knew how to add images to the posts.

Anyone - help please.

Dave

Ok I thought I knew how to add images to the posts.

Anyone - help please.

Dave
    That's easy Dave!.

When you make your regular posts, look at middle left bottom of the screen, you will see "Click here to upload images and files! " icon, click on it, another window will open with bunch of "Brouse" buttons in vertical set up. Now click on anyone of them and they will take you into ur hard drive, now go where you have your pics saved and attach those pictures by clicking on them. Once you have attached all the pictures you want, look at that screen's bottom buttons where it says "OK" click it, now RCU will take bit of time like few seconds to mins to upload ur pictures. Once uploaded you will see "your files uploading in process" and then once uploaded, it will say "files uploaded" then go back to original window and click on "OK" button at the left bottom of the screen as you do for posting ur posts regularly....this will show ur pictures in ur posts.

Sam
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Props4ever,

Are thinking of glassing your bird after skinning? This will greatly increase the strength of the bird considering all the concens you have. This is what I will be doing with mine.

I don't know what you have for a wing box. I built mine like a freight train. This is the point in the bird that will take that vast majority of stress.

I do not know at this point how much sheeting I will need.

I found some old pictures (none of the wing jig - sorry).

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Dave
    Yes sir, i will be glassing this model for sure. It's badly needed on this one for certain.

As for wing box is concerned, i bet it's already built in the center section of the wing, this center section is in pristine condition Vs the fuselage!. I'm sure it must have been made strong by original builder.

Now look the pictures of the fuselage i posted, do you see any wing saddle on there!..nops it's not there. Im not sure how this will be made on the already built fuselage!. I went through plans once but couldn't figure it out...any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated on this aspect....

Going back in the shop, we'll come online little later tonite again..

Name:	Bz77046.jpg 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	1271369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rn39580.jpg 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	1271370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca80639.jpg 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	1271371  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Props4ever,

Let's try this again.

Name:	Nk27933.jpg 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	1271374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av67404.jpg 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	1271375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ze85374.jpg 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	1271376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ey70240.jpg 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	1271377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rc41818.jpg 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	1271378  

Name:	Oe57117.jpg 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	1271379  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are some more pics

Name:	Us52787.jpg 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	1271387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh21353.jpg 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	1271388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xc79673.jpg 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	1271389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Le93324.jpg 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	1271390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sd45403.jpg 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	1271391  

Name:	Sj71969.jpg 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	1271392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Df74377.jpg 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	1271393  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Last bunch of pics for now. Props4ever - if you look at my wing box it might give you any idea of a way to attach the wings. I am using a 1.25" tube as a wing spar in addition to the 3 bolts. I will be switching the nuts and bolts around so I can get everythin through an access panel in the top of the wing box.

Dave

Name:	Lj23759.jpg 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	1271398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn41994.jpg 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	1271399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ot48183.jpg 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	1271400  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Props4ever,

In the second set of pictures, the after fuselage section is clamped to the wing jig. You can see the notches and the height of the walls.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I lied ... here are a few more.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Let's try this again.

Name:	Zw69420.jpg 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1271420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up47197.jpg 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	1271421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ze85456.jpg 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	1271422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nh11036.jpg 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	1271423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lx21772.jpg 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	1271424  

Name:	Yp93170.jpg 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	1271425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ln11977.jpg 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	1271426  

WoW, Amazing are just the least couple words i can express how nice and beautiful build you have going on your bird!!. I did noticed how you mounted your inner sub-wing section to the fuselage. It's looking excellent. Now lets get serious here, my inner wing section is already built and fully sheeted already, i can sure take the bottom sheeting of behind the LE area and then cut off enough from TE so it will fit on the fuselage. I'm going to see the plans how deep the notches are on the fuselage/wing formers and then go from there.

Quick question for you Dave, what is the wing's incidence?, looks quite a bit high of an angle unless it's juss optical illusion in these pictures you posted. Btw i liked your cockpit section with interior and rear pax/troops door's opening method...
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

No i can't get any idea of the wing jig you have there, can you post pictures of it by itself if it's possible soon if you don't mind...

Second question, what type of wood has been used to make most of your model's formers?. My models is all hand cut type, it's not laser cut short kit version so except for couple plywood ones, rest are all of 1/8" balsa...

I pulled out first former from the very back part of the fuselage to make a newer one with 1/8" lite ply instead of balsa. I wonder why these formers are made from balsa sheet vs lite ply instead!..

Name:	Fd92540.jpg 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	1271448  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Dave,

Here are couple of very very rare suggestions for you on livery of your C-130-30 or L 100-30 Hercules.

Merpati Airlines of Indonesia used to have this world's only if not very very few actual pax version of L100-30 with B727's passenger windows on this aircraft!!. Now it's flying with Indonesian AF as A-1326 in camouflage colors...

I sure would have done my model replicated this very aircraft but mine is original version and i can't stretch it now...

Name:	Ca81309.jpg 
Size:	250.4 KB 
ID:	1271502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr55185.jpg 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	1271503  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Here is another issue i found on my model, if you look at outlines of the top of cockpit lines that blends into rest of the fuselage in nice and even constant light curve of Hercules, well mine has this weird step in it, it's starting to bother me quite a bit now as it's throwing off the fine lines of C-130's distinctive cockpit outlines n shape...

Name:	Lj21812.jpg 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	1271504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn41914.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	1271505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec87524.jpg 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1271506  
    CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That should be easy to fix. You just have to fillet the dorsal stringer, then blend into the formers (if you have to). Should only take a few minutes. I had to do the same thing with my Palmer Commander.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Upon closer inspection of your second two pics, it is a bit more of a problem, but it still should be easy. I would just fill out the former to the correct outline, then one by one replace the stringers that are now out with the correct outline. Same principle as stated earlier, just all the way around.

ORIGINAL: jetfixr

Upon closer inspection of your second two pics, it is a bit more of a problem, but it still should be easy. I would just fill out the former to the correct outline, then one by one replace the stringers that are now out with the correct outline. Same principle as stated earlier, just all the way around.
    Presently it look as whole top of cockpit section n window frames are separate scale section mated into bigger scale of fuselage!, just like Boeing did between B757 n B767's cockpits!..looks stupid!!

Ok i'll look into this once im done with fixing other major issues on this model first, it's v easy to lose tract on this beast n jump from one issue to another n not be able to finish it....

CUB BROTHERHOOD# 173

Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast