Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

P-82

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 PM
mesaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-82

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

We'll I just ordered the P-82 from Nitro. I'll let you know what it looks like when I get it...
Yea, and let us know how it flys. I'm envious. My wife says I have to wait for Christmas. [sm=48_48.gif] Arghhhhhh!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Well my P-82 from Nitro came in yesterday. I ordered two SK .50's which seem to have a good track record for reliability. Should be a good combo. I'll open the box up this evening...
Old 11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Prop_Washer2,
Make sure your C/G is correct. My World Models F-82 came out nose heavy with two Fox .50's. I would suggest either vertical or side mount your engines. I put mine in inverted...and it was a real !#$% problem keeping both engines running. I also used two receivers and two battery packs for the first flights and when I changed over to smaller engines...I went with two reveivers. You will not believe all the wires you will have going from one wing to the fuse with just one receiver. I also used two servo's for the elevator, and you may want to consider this. You will have five or more servo leads going from one side of you P-82 to the other. and I was surprised at the weight of all the servo extensions. It's a big model...it fly's up a storm...very predictable with no bad habits, and has a great presents in the air. Your going to love it.
Do keep us posted and send us detaled pictures of your build.
Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 11-06-2007, 11:48 PM
mesaflyer

Prop Washer2,
I would really appreciate your input on your NP P-82. I really can't decide between the NP and WM, and my wife wants to order mine for Christmas. Seems there isn't a whole lot of info on these planes. Hope to see yours soon.
Pete
Old 11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mesaflyer,
I have not personally seen the Nitro Models issue of the P-82. What I liked about my W.M. issue of the kit, was the Alum. Tube that supports the wings three pieces. I know the N.M. model uses plywood braces for wing connections. I've never heard or read of a wing failure on a W.M. F-82. I've read of many W.M. F-82's flying well and no wing failures with this issue of the F-82. I have no idea if the N.P. P-82 construction is good...but the quality of N.P. models are usually ok. I do know that W.M. will sell you parts for your F-82 and have them in stock. I have personally had serious problems getting N.P. to sell me replacement parts...or even give you missing parts out of thier kits they sell you. The prices of the two kits are close...so it's up to you. I do like the color patterns on the N.P. model...but I also know, that W.M. used to sell you a kit of their F-82 uncovered...and it was about $30.00 cheaper. I have no Idea if they will still sell you an uncovered kit...but they may if you call and ask them. I bought my kit from Airborn Models...and I have never had a problem with W.M. I will add though...W.M. parts for their F-82 are not cheap...but they will sell you spare parts (they did sell me parts)...where N.P. will not.
Soft landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Hey thanks Bobby. The WM models are quite good, I just got the NP P-92 in. I expect it will be sub-standard compared to the WM Mustang. But heck, for $169.00 I can afford to beef it up a little, Dang they shipped the same day. I'll probably use WM replacement parts ig I need them though. I havent opened the box up yet, I'll post what I find when I do, probably this afternoon.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 PM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: Bob Paris

Mesaflyer,
I have not personally seen the Nitro Models issue of the P-82. What I liked about my W.M. issue of the kit, was the Alum. Tube that supports the wings three peices. I know the N.M. model uses plywood braces for wing connections. I've never heard or read of a wing failure on a W.M. F-82. I've read of many W.M. F-82's flying well and no wing failures with this issue of the F-82. I have no idea if the N.P. P-82 construction is good...but the quality of N.P. models are usually ok. I do know that W.M. will sell you parts for your F-82 and have them in stock. I have personally had serious problems getting N.P. to sell me replacement parts...or even give you missing parts out of thier kits they sell you. The prices of the two kits are close...so it's up to you. I do like the color patterns on the N.P. model...but I also know, that W.M. used to sell you a kit of their F-82 uncovered...and it was about $30.00 cheaper. I have no Idea if they will still sell you an uncovered kit...but they may if you call and ask them. I bought my kit from Airborn Models...and I have never had a problem with W.M. I will add though...W.M. parts for their F-82 are not cheap...but they will sell you spare parts (they did sell me parts)...where N.P. will not.
Soft landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Bobby,
Thanks for the info. I figured that I would probably get the W.M. plane and just put a few personal touches on it. Especially the invasion stripes. But if they have a RTC version, that might be way to go. Can hardly wait for Christmas. But, we are going to buy the Tiger 60 kit for my son for Christmas. He and I are going to build it together. So, might be some time before I can put the P-82 together.
Thanks again,
Pete
Old 11-10-2007, 02:20 AM
mike boxtall

Just wondering, is there anybody out there who knows if there are a set of plans or even better a scale kit available for either the P-82 or the F-82? I have searched and searched and all I was able to find are the 2 arfs made by N.P. or W.M.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:01 AM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: mike boxtall

Just wondering, is there anybody out there who knows if there are a set of plans or even better a scale kit available for either the P-82 or the F-82? I have searched and searched and all I was able to find are the 2 arfs made by N.P. or W.M.
Do a search on here and you will find several threads on the P-82. Here's one for example.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_29...tm.htm#2934066

Hope this helps
Old 11-16-2007, 12:19 AM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: mike boxtall

Mike,
Found this one:
http://www.giantscaletwins.com/F-82%...%20Mustang.htm

Prop_washer2,
How is the Nitro P-82 coming?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:00 PM
fmattox11
My Feedback: (52)

Just to throw my 2cents in here. I built the World Models P-82 a couple of years ago, and it flys fine. I powered it with a pair of Magnun 46's w/11x7 props. It flew on one engine on one flight that I messed up on. World models distributer sold me the replacement parts for the repairs and it's in good shape again. Read the story at:

http://www.intouchmail.net/~fmattox/

if you want to look. This URL also shows most of my fleet. I've added a couple more since I wrote the pages and am due for an update soon. Scroll near the bottom to get into the RC Section.

[8D] In the Desert.

Frank M
Old 11-30-2007, 12:47 AM
mesaflyer

Frank,
Checked out your website. Thanks for the info. I have decided to wait another year before trying out twins. Need a little more flying time.
Thanks again,
Pete