Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

The converted Skymaster

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

The converted Skymaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 AM
DelRay

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The converted Skymaster

Back in April I posted some pics of the ongoing conversion project of my scratch built Skymaster. The time spent on the conversion I feel was worth it, the final outcome was better than I had hoped for. Here it is at our last "warbird" event. Sadly, it had to sit on the sidelines and observe due to a time crunch that didn't allow for a test flight before the event, ah, but next year this "Oscar Duece" will be ready for a mission. I added some details in the conversion, they are the Gull Grey and white paint scheme, the side window in the right hand cabin door, two rocket pods and hard points on the wing, and several antennas on the cabin roof.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94446.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	778729  
Old 10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The converted Skymaster

Jim,

That's looking really nice. I wish I could get to see it fly!

Maybe someday!

Bob
Old 10-09-2007, 07:27 AM
DelRay

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The converted Skymaster

Thanks for the comment Bob, I appreciate it coming from you, knowing the quality of stuff in your hangar. It does fly nicely, very quick and agile for it's weight. I'll definitely get some in air pics next year at our club's "warbird" event, maybe someone will have a video camera there, if so, you'll get some pics and a video. Needless to say, I was a little bummed that it didn't get a test flight in time to participate, close, but no cigar.