Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

P82 Twin mustang electric conversion

Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

P82 Twin mustang electric conversion

Old 01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
FlightMedic168

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P82 Twin mustang electric conversion

Hi all, I am currently building a World Models P82 Twin Mustang and converting it to electric as I did my P51. This is my first attempt at a twin. I'm assuming I need 2 ESC's with a Y connector, any other tips?

Mike
Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: P82 Twin mustang electric conversion

I would have 2 seperate systems, motor, esc, batter, and reciever in each fuselage. Less hassle and an extra reciever isn't that expensive.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:26 AM
dadp47

Be carful of using one battery for each motor. Battery and motors are not exactly alike. By using one for each you risk a "flameout" because one battery is discharging faster than the other. I have a VQ P-61 which I am setting up for electric. I have two motors, two ESC and two batteries. I plan on connecting the batteries in either parallel or series (need to figure out which is the better setup) and have the motors draw from the electric fuel tank which is the batteries. This way I will not have any discharge discepencies between the batteries.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 AM
samparfitt
My Feedback: (43)

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I saved a lot of wiring by using two receivers.
If I remember correctly, when I converted to two receivers on this plane, I went from connecting 16 wires to either two or four when at the field.
For balance, I had to add a battery in one fuse anyway to compensate for the battery in the other fuse, so it was not much weight to also add the second receiver.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:48 PM
highdeserthero

Is the ballance point still 3.15 for CG?