Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

NEW KMP 95" B-25

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW KMP 95" B-25

ORIGINAL: Air_Walker

I need some help from you experts. I dry fit the rudder/vertical stabilizer and there is about 2 1/2 degrees outward offset on each side. I assume they should be straight but would like some confirmation. It's there due to the airfoil shape of the fin.
You need to show us a picture - we are (almost all) males, after all.....
With a picture, we can solve any problem!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Air_Walker

Good Morning
The end of the horizontal stab is 90 degreees to the hinge line. The pocket in the vertical stab is @ 3/16" deeper at the back of the stab than at the the front, this pitches the stab out @2.5 degrees of outward pitch on each side. The 3-views seem to indicate that the verticals should be 0-0. We are just wondering which is correct. The fix for this would be very easy to do, just add 3/16" to the end of the horizontal stab and taper it to zero at the front edge, following the curve on the inside of the vertical stab.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:01 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Ladies and Gents,,,

I have the NEW CENTURY JET MODEL -KMP 95" B-25 gear almost complete and should be instock ready for delivery end of this week...
ALSO WORKING NOW with ROBART for KMP 95" B-24 gear...

SO I will have your choices available and instock soon...

Both will come ready to install with the name brands you have been asking for...

Just email me for ordering info and mention RCU for a special price...

Best regards,

TOMAS
[email protected]
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 03-13-2009, 07:22 PM
F82FAN

ORIGINAL: eldher13

The wing tubes and alignment pins are glued it. Lock mechanism done. Wing now assembled.

Just need to mount the ailerons and flaps and cowls and the wing will be just about finished.

There is definitely a lot of building in this plane, ARF really doesn't quite get it.

Where are the finished birds???
I can't believe this thing has been out for 9-months now and we only have one flying that we know of.
It ain't that hard, guys. C'mon!!!
At least give us some updates of your progress.
Please???
Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Rip n Bank

ORIGINAL: F82FAN

ORIGINAL: eldher13

The wing tubes and alignment pins are glued it. Lock mechanism done. Wing now assembled.

Just need to mount the ailerons and flaps and cowls and the wing will be just about finished.

There is definitely a lot of building in this plane, ARF really doesn't quite get it.

Where are the finished birds???
I can't believe this thing has been out for 9-months now and we only have one flying that we know of.
It ain't that hard, guys. C'mon!!!
At least give us some updates of your progress.
Please???
Howdy F82FAN,

You're possibly the only one flying this bird because you didn't wait for the new wing tips to come in. We bask in your aura!

For example, Elder13 and I only got our wing tip replacements a couple of weeks ago, and I understand that a number of customers (I can name two) still haven't received their replacements, yet.

So, some of us are now back into "full build mode," but the delay you allude to is primarily due to the wing design problem, and how long it took KMP to fix it... not our interest in the aircraft.

Stay tuned; we'll catch up!

Rip
Old 03-14-2009, 05:57 PM
F82FAN

Please do Rip.
It's almost above freezing in Ft. Collins - flying season is here!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Eldher

My B-25 continues to make progress. Today was a major milestone as I started up both engines on the plane. They run well, but have a bit too much vibration on one side to address. Also, I've completed installation of the H-stab, with 3 servos. Now working on hinging the elevators.

I also used the twin sync for the first time. Overall, it works great. both engines tracked within 200RPM of each other.

Well, back to building!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:01 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

eldher13,

PICS!! We want pics!!

BTW... If you are still waiting on wingpanels... just let me know...

email me direct: [email protected]

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
VQ, ASM, KMP STOCKING DEALER
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
drmikie

Gentlemen,
I finished the contruction of my all composite KMP B25 including my own fix on the wing incidence. I then put in two Saito 100 engines. With three batteries way up front it was way, way too tall heavy! I could not see how I could add enough nose weight (I already had all the heavy stuff as far forward as possible) to get it to balance. So, I am biting the bullet and investing in two Fuji BT24 gas engines, as the boys in Texas did. Wonder if anyone else has seen this issue?? Also wonder what the prototype flew with???

Happy flying (one of these days),

Dr. Mike

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64483.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	457.3 KB
ID:	1159199  
Old 03-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Rip n Bank

ORIGINAL: drmikie

Gentlemen,
I finished the contruction of my all composite KMP B25 including my own fix on the wing incidence. I then put in two Saito 100 engines. With three batteries way up front it was way, way too tall heavy! I could not see how I could add enough nose weight (I already had all the heavy stuff as far forward as possible) to get it to balance. So, I am biting the bullet and investing in two Fuji BT24 gas engines, as the boys in Texas did. Wonder if anyone else has seen this issue?? Also wonder what the prototype flew with???

Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike,

You don't say what kind of batteries you are using.

I'll be using Batteries America to build a 6v, (5-cell) sub-C, 4800mAh cell pack for the Rx, and a separate 4.8v, 4800mAh sub-C pack for my flaps' Matchbox.

That will be 9 (!) sub-C size batteries mounted right against the blunt nose former, above and slightly ahead of the nose gear retract plywood platform.

I figure if it's going to take a lot of nose weight to balance this baby, I may as well make it "working weight" in the form of batteries!

BTW, my engines are a pair of Saito 125's. While the Fuji's would be significantly more powerful, and heavier than my 125's or your 100's, their moment arm ahead of the CG is relatively short, so the CG benefits vs the added weight are rather modest. They are also a bit pricey!

I can't remember what F82FAN said about batteries, and what it took to balance their B-25 with the Fuji's. Maybe he'll jump in here and refresh our memories...

Rip

Rip
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 PM
c-130RCpilot

Does any know what specific brand and colors the 95" KMP B-25 are painted in? I need to match the green and gray paint as well as the green iron on covering. I'd like to use the exact colors if possible.

Thanks!
Eric
Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
drmikie

Rip,

Good comments. I had two 2300mAh 6 volt batteries, a dual glow driver battery and a second 6volt receiver battery (I am using a second radio for servos for the top turret, bomb bay doors and bomb release) up front. The only stuff aft of the CG are the four servos in the tail. I know the added weight of the Fuji's is close to the CG but they are an additional 5 pounds forward. It ought to do it.
Yes the Fuji's are $300 each but.... just think of all the $$$ I'll save on gas!!
Good luck with yours!!

Thanks,

Dr. Mike
Old 03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
derrickxp8103
My Feedback: (80)

Does anyone Know if a pair of the new Saito FG20 gas 4-strokes would work ?? They seem like nice engines ??? They are 30 oz each and should spin a 15 inch prop.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
mustfly
My Feedback: (21)

just go to kmp website and that should tell u what u need to know, I know a friend who called them and they sent him the paint
Old 03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
F82FAN

ORIGINAL: Rip n Bank

Gentlemen,

Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike,

You don't say what kind of batteries you are using.

I'll be using Batteries America to build a 6v, (5-cell) sub-C, 4800mAh cell pack for the Rx, and a separate 4.8v, 4800mAh sub-C pack for my flaps' Matchbox.

That will be 9 (!) sub-C size batteries mounted right against the blunt nose former, above and slightly ahead of the nose gear retract plywood platform.

I figure if it's going to take a lot of nose weight to balance this baby, I may as well make it "working weight" in the form of batteries!

BTW, my engines are a pair of Saito 125's. While the Fuji's would be significantly more powerful, and heavier than my 125's or your 100's, their moment arm ahead of the CG is relatively short, so the CG benefits vs the added weight are rather modest. They are also a bit pricey!

I can't remember what F82FAN said about batteries, and what it took to balance their B-25 with the Fuji's. Maybe he'll jump in here and refresh our memories...

Rip

Rip
Hey Guys,
I have TWO 5-cell 4000Mah NmH batts for main ship - stuffed above the nose gear. My Fuji's are on MAGNETO - I figured we'd need the weight anyway.
Mine is also a bit heavier in the nose from doing the gun-nose conversion.
Balanced just fine.
Can't remember, but I think AUW is about 26lbs... Do NOT worry about the weight. It flys beautifully at the finished weight.
Can't wait to hear the flight report from you other guys!!!!!

Name:	Ki17938.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1160121  
Old 03-17-2009, 09:05 PM
F82FAN

Gentlemen,

Dr. Mike

Hey Doc,
You said you fixed the "wing incidence". Did you mean the anhedral issue???
The plane flew perfectly with the factory incidences.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:26 AM
c-130RCpilot

ORIGINAL: mustfly

just go to kmp website and that should tell u what u need to know, I know a friend who called them and they sent him the paint

Nope. I already tried their website and the manual. Not a mention of it.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
drmikie

Hey Doc,
[/quote]

F82FAN,

Yes the anhedral. I put in wedges and fixed it as KMP never made the corrected wing panels in the composite version. What's with the drive shaft on the Fuji BT24 sticking out the back? I had to move the fuel tanks. I got Master Airscrew 16x8x3 for these engines.

Dr. Mike
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM
dptp9lf

Probably for a spring starter in a previous life...
Cheers,
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Air_Walker

I took a wing flap panel into Home Depot and had them color scan for a match. We used Behr exterior premium latex base paint. I believe they used the dark base for the green and regular for the gray. The dried color sample matches very good. Although it runs about $10/qt, thats cheaper than the cost for a smaller quatity and shipping. They can match just about anything you can bring a chip of that will fit in the scanning device.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:10 PM
gary9648
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just finished cutting out all the parts for the Dynamic Balsa interrior kit and painted all of them at the same time, ie., nose cockpit, cockpit and guns. Will complete the instrument panel tomorrow. Still waiting on my outer wing panels, so I figured I would get the interrior done during the wait.
Gary

Name:	Wu61134.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1160757  
Old 03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
F82FAN

Hey Doc,
F82FAN,

Yes the anhedral. I put in wedges and fixed it as KMP never made the corrected wing panels in the composite version. What's with the drive shaft on the Fuji BT24 sticking out the back? I had to move the fuel tanks. I got Master Airscrew 16x8x3 for these engines.

Dr. Mike
[/quote]
Hi Doc,
I'm not sure about those props - I would sure put the tach on them in warm weather to see what they pull like. It may be a bit large...
Mine are 14X7 or 14X9 - it runs well either way, but the '7's run up a little better.
That shaft is probably left over from the weed-eater duty!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:55 PM
andywakem

anyone run satio 170r3 radials in this plane?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 PM
gary9648
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple more photos of the finished interrior pieces. I painted the ammo flat black then the bullets copper and the caseing gold to resemble scale ammo.
Gary

Name:	Xv63477.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1161535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75169.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1161536  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 PM
F82FAN

ORIGINAL: andywakem

anyone run satio 170r3 radials in this plane?
The engines would stick out all over the place - but it would probably sound cool!
The cowlings are VERY small. See early posts to find dimensions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.