Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

NEW KMP 95" B-25

Old 09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Wart Hog
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW KMP 95

Hi all,
I'm trying to find a pilot and copilot for my Mitchell. Is there somone out there selling a good, sort of scale bust that doesn't cost $100 each?
Old 09-08-2012, 05:36 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://centuryjet.com/index.php/cPath/46_38_36

Perhaps these will work.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Wart Hog

Thanks, I saw those. They don't give a size. I am just going to do a couple of busts seat backs and yokes. I will try to give them a call Monday and see how tall they are.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:28 AM
tevans55

Based on the wingspan this plane is about 1:8.4 scale. The 1/9 would likely work well. Good Luck.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Junior55
My Feedback: (9)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all i'm look for the nose canapy for the 95" B-25 if any body have one. i'll buy it and a main strud for it. this parts are back order form troybuild for a few weeks. p.s if anything thank you all jr.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Eldher

ORIGINAL: Junior55

Hi all i'm look for the nose canapy for the 95'' B-25 if any body have one. i'll buy it and a main strud for it. this parts are back order form troybuild for a few weeks. p.s if anything thank you all jr.

Century Jet Models had been making a very nice nose canopy (i.e. forward gunner position) for the ESM B-25. I bought one for $30, made from much thicker & better material, doesn't crack when you touch it :-). You may have to call them to order this.

As for a main strut??? I assume you bent one on landing??? Overall, I found the original ESM gear to be junk. Worked OK for a while, but made from way too soft aluminum. I use Robart gear in mine and Century Jet makes a set that will just drop in. The Robart get I have required modification of the ply mounts ... but it is the toughest gear!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Junior55
My Feedback: (9)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks i'll give them a call. no the strut came off on fly. but i check the one you said. thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Wart Hog

Has anyone had any issues with the wing center section and nacelles on this plane besides the "Doopy Tip" problem.
I am pretty far along in my build and set the plane on the gear with the engines monuted and noticed a huge amount of right thrust in the right nacelle and none in the left.
Although the left had no right thrust, it was pointing hard down instead. I checked to make sure it wasn't the mounts or anything else.
Turns out it is the firewalls on the nacelles that aren't right.
I am assuming it should have some right thrust on both nacelles, but for one to have no right and lots of down thrust instead seem odd.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:00 PM
tevans55

Wart Hog-

Mine has about 2 degrees of right thrust on the copilot engine and 0 on the pilot engine. Both of mine have a small amount of down thrust and I added more after the first flight. I have a book that shows the full scale B-25 had neutral thrust in both directions. Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Wart Hog

Hmmmmm, I have a huge amount in the copilot engine and none on the pilot, but the pilot engine is pointing way down when you look at the front. I measured the difference between the two and at the end of the prop hub there is almost 2 inches difference.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
tevans55

Wow, that is alot. Are the nacelles square with each other? It would be difficult for them not to be. Are you able to post some pictures?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Eldher

FWIW, both my engines have slight right thrust and slight down thrust.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Wart Hog

Eldher, that is what I would have expected. Some down and a little right. The right nacelle would never square up completely with the wing center section. There is a 1/4 inch drop at the back where they meet.
I had to do some serious sanding to get it that close. I had to twist the nacelle and clamp it while the epoxy cured. You could hear wood crack as I clamped it. The pockets for the spars weren't the same in the center and the nacelle. The one in the wing center section was skewed and the spar wouldn't fit in it until I sanded the corners of the spar off.
I have emailed ARFpros where I purchased from to see it I could get replacements.
I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll throw some pics up.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Eldher

WOW, that sounds really off to me. Mine lined up just fine ... just could have used about 3 extra hands to hold everything in place while I got the clamps on!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Wart Hog

You can see in the pic how much the pilot side engine points down. It looks pretty odd with one engine pointing outward and one down.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Eldher

Yah, that ain't right. Trying to get replacement parts from ARFpros is a good plan. I expect that you'd need both nacelle sections and the center section. given it's all glued up. Wouldn't want to cut that apart [X(]

Assuming for the moment that you'll have to work with the parts you have ... be sure to check the incidence of each wing panel and the center section. With what you've done to get this together you don't want the wings to be twisted.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Wart Hog

ARFpros seem to be pretty good folks. I hope they come through for me on this. I was excited to get this build done.
I did have a little concern when I mounted the wing to the fuse. The leading edge of the center section was so narrow, when I put the mounting bolts through the wing per the instructions, the bolts were a half an inch too long. It calls for the 75mm bolts, I was going to pick up some 70mm or so and see if they would pull the wing down. I checked and rechecked to make sure I didnt do anything wrong. It was just the way the wing center was built.

I have a sneaky suspicion this wing center is the root of all my problems. With the leading edge thickness issue and the spar pocket out of square, I should have stopped there and tried to get a new one.
I know what you mean about the 3 hands. I had 2 clamps, several bungie cords and used both of my feet to get this thing to line up. lol
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Wart Hog

Well, So much for trying to get help. Speaking with ARFpros and they understood the problem and agreed it was an issue. He informed me that Troybuilt is now the US distributor for ESM. He suggested I call them. He said the wing center section was on backorder. He told me they have a couple of the kits on their shelf and may be good guys and send out a center section, spars and a pair of nacelles.
I called Troybuilt and spoke with Partick. He informed me that the plane is supposed to be like that and told me to shim the motor, fly it and see what happens. If it doesnt fly right keep fixing it until it does.
I shouldn't have to try and fix a plane I spent this much money on.
I have been building and flying for over 30 years. Sratch built several Ziroli planes, built a Yellow Aircraft P-38 and countless more. I know planes and know this plane isn't right.
Patrick came across a bit arrogant in our conversation and that is the reason I bought this plane from ARFpros to begin with. I just burns me that the distributor and supposed warranty contact for this expensive kit says, just deal with.

Oh well, I know now not to have any dealings with Troybuilt.
Guess I'll wait until the wing center is in stock and order from ARFpros.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Eldher

I think waiting on a new center section is a good plan. The Troybuilt plan of fly it like it is and keep changing it till is flies right is a JOKE. This is a 30 lbs airplane, twin, and $2500+++ flying in the air. You'll rekit this plane if it isn't set up right.

The other question I'd have for you, have you considered strengthening the center section? Several of us have run into the problem that if you have even a "firm" landing that it will break the center section. It happened to mine. On opening the center section it is obvious that the wing is designed to take flight loads, but not landing loads (i.e. it has poor torsional strength). Thus on firm contact with the runway the moment arm of the retract moving backwards will twist the wing and it will fail. See my post half way down the following page from 8/27/2009:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_70...41/key_/tm.htm
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 AM
tevans55

That's a shame they can't work with you on this. Maybe you could shoot a few closeup shots of the alignment issues and send them to ARF Pros and Troy Built. You would think that ARF Pros would work with you and represent your situation with their supplier (Troy Built). Turning you over to the distributer just doesn't seem right.

I agree with Eldher, make sure those wings are not twisted due to the alignment problems.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Wart Hog

I can see ARFpros point on this matter. They were the distributor and now Troybuilt is. I would do the same thing they did when it come to warranty issues.
I do consider this a warranty matter.
I am really disappointed in Troybuilt for their response. I called Troybuilt when I was shopping around for this plane and the attitude came across then.
I was told by a couple of friends not to buy from Troybuilt.

I saw your earlier posts about the weak center section. I considered going ahead and perfoming a little surgery on it before proceeding with the build.
Guess I'll have the opportunity now since Troybuilt has given me the brush off.
I measured across diagonally and side to side front to back. It is pretty square. Off about 1/4" diagonally. Not too bad for a mass produced ARF.
I am afraid when I cut into the center section to beef it up, it is going to spring apart considering how much pressure I had to put on it with the clamps to get the nacelle to line up with the center section.
I would rather do a first build than a rebuild any day.

I am going to do a little web searching and see if I can find info on the manufacturer and give them a heads up to the problem and Troybuilt's response.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 AM
tevans55

http://www.esmmodel.com/en/company.asp

Here is the web page for Ever Soaring Models

Good Luck
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Wart Hog

Thanks Tevans. Kinda funny, Their home page says "Top Quality, Customer First” is our permanent goal we make every endeavor to achieve. Let's see if they walk the walk.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Wart Hog

Well, My hats off to ESM. They responded to my email and are going to send me a new wing. They only asked that I split the shipping cost with them or wait until they ship the next container to the US. I have no problem with that at all. Looks like this build is back on track.

Here is the email:

Hi Charles,

Thank you very much for purchasing our ESM product B-25.
We are very sorry for your B-25 wing issues, we will be willing to make a new B-25 wing free to you.
We'd like to know how to send the new wing to you, if we have to send it to you via air mail, we would like you to share the freight cost.
We can also put it into our distributor's next new container and you will receive it until several months later. Please be kind to confirm the transport way back to us, many thanks.
2012-09-20

Yours sincerely,
Herlin.He
ESM Producing Co
Dawang Zhou,Wanglian,Wangniu Dun town, Dongguan City , Guangdong Province, China
www.esmmodel.com
[email protected]
Tel: +86-769-88514938 Fax: +86-769-88514768

Looks like they walk the walk. ESM just got 2 thumbs up from me.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:10 AM
arfpros

Wart Hog it was nice Talking to you on the phone the other day. Im sorry that Troybuilt treated you like that.. Im Sorry i could not do anything for you. if we had the parts in stock here at Arfpros it would have been a diffrent story. I hope you understand.

Thanks
Tim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.