Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

NEW KMP 95" B-25

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:03 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW KMP 95" B-25

Hey 757,
Are you just going to attend, or participate at Monster Planes?
If you are gonna take the B-25, you'd better put about 10lbs of bombs in it so they let you in. 35lbs minimum from the website.
Sounds like FUN!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
PA757

I wish!

My Bird is a Hanger Queen until the wing gets Fixed and I find John Wayne a Bomber Hat! The Bomb Idea is a good one!

Just going to bring my camera!

Drinking Pisco Sours and hanging out by the Pool in Key Biscayne FL, Will be in Orlando next week working on the Mighty B25![8D]
Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

Man,
That's the life.... Hot sun, cool shade, a tall cold one, and B-25's.... who wouldn't want to be you!

Keep us posted when you get the repairs. I've opted out since we are home-brewing the fix.
Should be close to doing the nose art in a week or so, as soon as Flyrigfht gets the important stuff cleaned up.
We will be taking pics as we go for reference.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM
PA757

Hey Amigos!

While I'm here sippin a frosty in the hot Florida Sun by the pool, sorry[] I started to look for 50 cal Machine Guns on the net for my "Bird" and gunners for "Capt John Wayne!" (By SlimeLine) I bought the gun kit/nose kit from KMP but don't know what I'm getting yet! Still on the boat from China! Anyone have one of these?

I'm looking for 50 cal machine guns instead of making them myself! (And I'll need help with That!) I'm looking at 1/6 scale Pilots and Guns but need to know what "IS" the real scale the "Apache Princess" instead of knowing the length of the wingspan!

Need Some Cool Guns on that Bird!

Cheers!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:49 PM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

I ordered my gun kits from www.dbalsa.com They are the supplier for the old KMP B-25 I believe and they told me they are working on a complete cockpit and gun kit for this one also.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:06 PM
PA757

Tried to get on the web site and no worky?
[&o]

Old 08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
fancman

ORIGINAL: PA757

[&o]

Seem to be having difficulty but that is the site. Just check back later.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:01 PM
AKondor

Hi Guys:

I want everybody to know that there was nothing wrong with the way the test airplane flew with the wing in its given position. We are offering the new wing tubes to change the appearance of the model not because there is anything wrong with the way the plane flies. Please understand that we are trying to offer a way to make the appearance more scale and NOT in anyway whatsoever to cover a defect in manufacturing or structural design.

We have in the past made fuselages and other items not perfectly to scale and over time re-done them to be more scale but in doing so we have not offered free replacements to our customers who had the original design in hand. That said, I will discuss future potential options with the factory should something like this happen again. We will also give careful consideration to beta testing in America with American and Canadian modelers before going into production.

If there was a recall or anything that we know was in fact structurally deficient we would immediately and at our expense replace items to our customers.

Our interest is making the very best models with fantastic flying ability and the highest quality of construction and finish in the business. As you all know we are always willing to lend an ear and we want you to tell us how we can make improvement in the future. We offer a toll free number as well to call us 888-968-7251.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
AKondor

By the way.....

Its always a good idea to give us call to makesure you get your parts should you wish to receive the new tubes. We will in the mean time go through our files for those who received the models and make our own list. For those who bought them from their LHS we can either send it to them or to you directly. Of course to do that you will need to get in touch with us so we have the proper address for you.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 PM
PA757

How much for the Updated Wing Section? Nacelles tubes outer wings?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
PA757

I can't have a "Droopy Princes!" She needs the Lift!

[X(]

Question? Didn't you guys notice the droopy wings on the one you tested?

ORIGINAL: AKondor

Hi Guys:

I want everybody to know that there was nothing wrong with the way the test airplane flew with the wing in its given position. We are offering the new wing tubes to change the appearance of the model not because there is anything wrong with the way the plane flies. Please understand that we are trying to offer a way to make the appearance more scale and NOT in anyway whatsoever to cover a defect in manufacturing or structural design.

We have in the past made fuselages and other items not perfectly to scale and over time re-done them to be more scale but in doing so we have not offered free replacements to our customers who had the original design in hand. That said, I will discuss future potential options with the factory should something like this happen again. We will also give careful consideration to beta testing in America with American and Canadian modelers before going into production.

If there was a recall or anything that we know was in fact structurally deficient we would immediately and at our expense replace items to our customers.

Our interest is making the very best models with fantastic flying ability and the highest quality of construction and finish in the business. As you all know we are always willing to lend an ear and we want you to tell us how we can make improvement in the future. We offer a toll free number as well to call us 888-968-7251.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

Andrew,

Can you keep us informed as to when you receive the updated 25's with the new wing mods.
Thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 PM
fieseler156

THERE HAVE BEEN A NUMBER OF THESE KITS SOLD IN AUSTRALIA ALSO I PURCHASED ONE ,HAVENT CHECKED THE WING YET BUT FROM WHAT I READ ON THIS POST MY KIT IS GOING TO BE THE SAME
WITH THE DROOPED WING IT NOT JUST RIGHT FOR THE B25 .THIS IS MY FIRST ARF I HAVE ALWAYS BUILT FROM KITS AND PLANS SO MODIFYING IS NOT A PROBLEM IN AUSTRALIA THEY ARE SOLD
UNDER THE ESM KIT NAME WILL THE SAME DEAL APPLY TO THESE KITS AS KONDOR IS DOING IN US AND CANADA FOR MODIFYING THE WING WITH THE COST OF MATERIALS IT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IF
THEY REPLACED THE WHOLE WING ASSEMBLY WITH FACTORY MODIFICATIONS FOR THE PURCHASERS OF THESE KITS
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
PA757

Andrew,

Just send me the updated wings and charge my credit card! Be kind!
Old 08-07-2008, 05:48 AM
camdyson

Never mind the appearance, how did the anhedral-winged prototype fly with an engine out? Easy to safely turn on rudder? Let me guess - "it was designed to fly with both engines running at all times". If I'm mistaken then I'll cop it, but I doubt it.

Good luck to anyone NOT prepared to make the mods (at their own expense!) - there's alotta $$$$$$ up there. Think of it as watertight bulkheads on the Titanic if it helps to illustrate the point.[8D]

Cam
Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
fancman

ORIGINAL: camdyson

Never mind the appearance, how did the anhedral-winged prototype fly with an engine out? Easy to safely turn on rudder? Let me guess - "it was designed to fly with both engines running at all times". If I'm mistaken then I'll cop it, but I doubt it.

Good luck to anyone NOT prepared to make the mods (at their own expense!) - there's alotta $$$$$$ up there. Think of it as watertight bulkheads on the Titanic if it helps to illustrate the point.[8D]

Cam
That's my question also. How did the plane fly with anhedral wings with an engine out? I have no doubt it will fly fine with both engines but Iwant the assurance of knowing that it has been tested with the anhedral on one engine and survived. I don't want to ever loose this plane in an engine out situation and then have a nagging thought that because of the anhedral I never had a chance to save it. When an engine goes out unexpectedly there is no way to tell if the design or your slow reaction was the cause of loosing the plane. So for piece of mind I would really like to know if KMP has tested this bird with the anhedral wings with an engine out. That would do it for me.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Rip n Bank

ORIGINAL: AKondor

Hi Guys:

Andrew,

I will continue to differ with you on this point, apparently. My arguments shall, as they have so far, remain civil.

One of the reasons I purchased your B-25 (and I'm sure many others are of this mind) is that you've established a reputation up to this point as being truer to scale. And, up to now, we've been willing to pay a higher price for your ARFs to get that.

You are now establishing the precedent that KMP may design and build a new "scale" ARF with a significant departure from scale appearance (eg, drooped B-25 wing tips). No matter what kind of bow you try to tie around this, it's still a flaw, or why would you be fixing it on future models?

I submit it's because, as all fans of the B-25 are already aware, the ACCURATE wing design of the Mitchell (real or model) is a thing of beauty to look at head on! It is a key feature of the aircraft. BTW, I challenge you NOT to make the correction to your future B-25 production runs, and we'll all sit back and watch your sales numbers on that ARF (and probably others) plummet!

Many are also concerned about the flying characteristics this may impose upon the design, in spite of your claim to the contrary. You state that it flies as it (at least on two engines), as would a turbine (or EDF) F-104 Starfighter with flat or even dihedral wings! But, you wouldn't sell ONE F-104 model with that flaw unless customers simply were not aware of the wing flaw when they bought it. Hmmm, that sounds familiar. Claiming it still flies fine (therefore isn't flawed), that KMP hasn't done anything wrong here, and therefore, should not be expected to do the right thing and REPLACE every component of our entire wing assembly necessary to remove the flaw WITHOUT the custom modeling work you are expecting us to perform, is (I believe) a big mistake. Big. HUGE! (Sorry, I'm a fan of "Pretty Woman"...)

Please also note that this is a FLAW that is not at all apparent when viewing your B-25 web site photos, and so when your FIRST round of trusting customers stepped up to the table and plopped down $650-$900 based upon both those photos, AND your relatively good reputation in the industry, we trusted KMP to do it right! Nor did we have the advantage of reading of this problem on RCU prior to making this investment. (Note to self: NEVER buy any RC manufacturer's product until it has been distributed, and well reviewed by the experienced, and discriminating members of this forum.)

Well, you didn't get the wing right, and much, much more importantly, you're also not doing the fix right. You're doing it (relatively) INEXPENSIVELY.

Yes, of course, I'll implement your kluge fix for this design flaw, as it now appears I'll have no other choice. And, should that be the case, as I mentioned previously, this will be my last KMP product. I vote with my money. Others will, too, I'm sure.

Hmmm, I wonder if the new KMP Corsair thread readers, and prospective customers, are following this thread with growing concern...

Rip
Old 08-07-2008, 10:12 AM
PA757

Right on Rip!

I had studied different models of the B25 for couple of months and was ready to buy the Top Flight one! I walked into a KMP dealer in Orlando and got convinced otherwise!

Looking back I would have bought the other one until the "Apache Princes" got all the bugs worked out!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Flyright
My Feedback: (92)

Interesting that the 85" version doesn't have the anhedral feature. Someone is selling their's in the classifieds
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27657.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1006111  
Old 08-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Paul Morrison

To clarify if you have a B-25 right now:

Please call me at 1-888-968-7251 or email me at [email protected] and I will get you on the list for the parts to address this issue.
Of course we want to make you very happy, and provide the most scale aircraft out there. These will be provided free of charge, but some work will be needed to make the modification. We hope to have these parts in around 2 weeks, and they will be shipped as soon as we have them in the order in which people get on the list.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Rip n Bank

ORIGINAL: Flyright

Interesting that the 85" version doesn't have the anhedral feature. Someone is selling their's in the classifieds
Nor do the H9 and TF versions.

Someone at KMP, YT International or over in China made a mistake somewhere along the line on the 95".

Hey, mistakes happen. No big deal. However, fixes need to be done right in order to retain the good will of customers affected by the mistake. Business 101.

So far, the "right fix" hasn't been offered by KMP. Sure, we're modelers. Sure, we CAN do the custom repair work necessary to bring this expensive warbird up to standard. Simply put, we shouldn't have to.

Horizon typically has this down pat. When I found that my H9 1.50 P-51 had pre-drilled flap hinge-pin holes that were too big to grip the pins, they immediately sent me a completely new wing first, which allowed me to use the packaging from that to ship back the flawed wing. This was all done quickly, and at no charge to me (they even paid freight both ways).

Imagine the POSITIVE kudos KMP would receive from us, and the rest of the RC public, if they truly stood behind their product, and shipped every one of us early B-25 customers ALL new wing assemblies (nacelles, wing tips, etc.); whatever is needed to fix this flaw without requiring us to fill ill fitting cracks with microballoon/epoxy! Heck, we (and many others) would be loyal customers for life!

Being a tennis player, as far as I'm concerned, the ball is still in their court, and they haven't hit it over the net ...yet.

Rip

Old 08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
AKondor

Stand by.... working on it with the factory.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM
PA757

My Motto....

Get~er~Done!

And Get~er~Done Right!

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 PM
fancman

ORIGINAL: fancman

ORIGINAL: camdyson

Cam
That's my question also. How did the plane fly with anhedral wings with an engine out? I have no doubt it will fly fine with both engines but Iwant the assurance of knowing that it has been tested with the anhedral on one engine and survived. I don't want to ever loose this plane in an engine out situation and then have a nagging thought that because of the anhedral I never had a chance to save it. When an engine goes out unexpectedly there is no way to tell if the design or your slow reaction was the cause of loosing the plane. So for piece of mind I would really like to know if KMP has tested this bird with the anhedral wings with an engine out. That would do it for me.
Nobody from KMP has responded to the engine out with anhedral wings question.[&o] I wonder has anyone anywhere flew this model with the anhedral wings with an engine out.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:23 PM
fancman

ORIGINAL: PA757

[&o]

The web site is working today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.