Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

ASM Lancaster?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ASM Lancaster?

Lancaster
Well its home,I had a re-think last night before the love of my life changes her mind or puts any conditions on it, I went and picked it up. That is one big box. Rojs hobbies still have them in stock so this will have friends some where in Australia. A point of intrest because of the size, the train was the best option to get it home off peak of course. There is no way it will fit in the car. this model is going to be great fun. Yours A very happy Paul T PS Photos still coming.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86041.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1490912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30346.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1490913  
Old 08-27-2010, 02:09 AM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUIGLEYWINS,

CONGRATS!!! IT SHOULD BE STATED IN ALL OUR VOWS.... "I promise to honor and cherish each other and my airplanes till death do us part"

You are a lucky man... LANCASTER ALREADY!!

OURS FOR THE USA are due in SEPT... had delays so you all down under could get yours first it seems !!! hahaa

But alas...we will have ours all in SEPT...around the third-last week... it seems like ages we have been waiting for them...
BUT THEY ARE FINALLY COMING!!

Keep the photos coming... We can only live vicariously through you for now...

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
www.vqwarbirds.com
www.bomberfieldusa.com
www.getstencils.com
www.warbirdradio.com
Old 08-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Quigleywins

Lancaster owner
I hope you like the above heading Tomas. I have also broke the bank account for one or two weeks so the power plants will be one or two weeks off. I do have 2 OS 46 AXs and 2 OS 55 AXs but I would like to go with 4 stroks just for the sound. for now I will just look and start with the servos. It will take a week to get the work table in shape to enable work to start. It will be out of the box at the next club day, no one knows yet that I have it ,hell last wednesday I did'nt know I wanted it. Now there will be more Photos taken sunday .I will post a heap that night. (that 2 more sleeps from now) Yours Paul T PS

Name:	Nk28031.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1490931  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Speedracer2112

ORIGINAL: Quigleywins

Now there will be more Photos taken sunday .I will post a heap that night. (that 2 more sleeps from now)

Yours Paul T PS
Say Quigley.......you wouldnt of happen to of seen an ASM B-17 down there would you? I have everything but the plane now ready to go, motors, servos, receiver and extensions. I'd really like to get your take on the quality of your plane. I saw an ASM Cessna 120" at my LHS and it totally stunk!! It looked like junk and nowhere near scale. The sides on the plastic fusalage where darn near see through!!

SR
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 AM
Quigleywins

Speedracer2112 I have let the side down with no more photos but our field was water loged last Sunday and all aircraft had to be carried in to the field to fly , The next opportunity will be this friday night when I take it to the club meeting and I will report to you there comments on the Quality. I was pleased with what I have looked at but I feel that if it has a rough landing it may be the end. Teas on hear so more later Yours Paul T
Old 08-31-2010, 04:44 AM
Quigleywins

Speedracer 2112 Tea is over and I'm yet to do the dishes. As to the Question about the b17 the hobby shop "Rojs" in Melbourne have them listed but maked as out of stock, http://www.rojshobbies.com/home.html . When I was there to collect the Lancaster they had 3 that I saw ,there may have been more. I don't think I would be allowed to arive home with any more than I'd planed yours Paul T
Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 PM
nemesis4u

GENTS,

I think everyone will be very happy with what this model brings....
I love the working bomb bays that are already built into this model !!!

We will be offering a SCALE DETAIL SET and we will ship them worldwide...this will be a scale cockpit, turret, gun set to really spruce up this baby....
we will be working w/ TY on this of course and also twisting his arm to do the B-17 the same way... we will also find and or make the right sized crew members as well...
all together you can get it all in one stop at one place!

VQ WARBIRDS is excited about this new awesome heavy bomber...

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
www.vqwarbirds.com
[email protected]

www.bomberfieldusa.com
"Our Choice Club Field"
Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Speedracer2112

Speedracer 2112 Tea is over and I'm yet to do the dishes.
Well, I am against doing dishes but if it got you the plane I guess its "OK". LOL

As to the Question about the b17 the hobby shop ''Rojs'' in Melbourne have them listed but maked as out of stock, http://www.rojshobbies.com/home.html . When I was there to collect the Lancaster they had 3 that I saw ,there may have been more.
I saw the price. $959.00 for the Lancaster and $929 for the B-17. Does that convert to the same amount in USD or is it less down under?

SR
Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Quigleywins

Speedracer2112 well as I promised,I Hope I can down load some photos . I took the said aircraft to the local club meeting all were impressed with the quality of the finish and layout of the model. All said it was far to large for there workshops but thats another issue, it takes an age to unwrap and re pack. I will need to polish the wing tubes to make the assembley a little more easy. The only think that I feel would make it better is the engine pods a little stronger in the covering. I do have the top flite B25 so I'm accustomed to the thickness of there engine pods.
As to the Question of the price,your US dollar is better than ours At a guess it would be about $800 dollas US . Its only Money. They will come down in price after blokes like me get there fix of great planes and they find them harder to sell. I'v had about 4 blokes wan't to fly it for me, they even want the budy box on it so they can all have a go regardless of the mode.
Norm the longest flyer at the club, thinks it would best to have two power suplys with two recivers . this will allow the back half to come away with no wires and also reduce the length of the wires. I do have 2.4 Hitec gear and so the twin reciver system will be used.

Name:	Tr51380.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1494808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52614.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1494809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38370.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	1494810  
Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 AM
topgun600
My Feedback: (41)

Hobby People asking price of $1400 is allot to pay for a ASM arf from china.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Quigleywins

Well topgun600 Is the price out in the US. If you get the undercarrage with the aircraft they knock a bit off but it come in at under the $1300 Aust dollas . I'm on a pension so the motors will have to wait. I have it home and I like the look of it . Sounds like only about 18 sleeps till there in stock over there. I think I like to follow some one else in the construction and let them make the first moves.Motor selection is always a great topic with something new and I will be keen to follow the threads on that.
nemesis4u As to the topic of the bomb bay doors Some one the other night said that it was possible to put about 3 cats in there. not that ,thats going to happen, but it gives you some insight into the size of the bomb bay. Its late here now its as wet as hell and the wind is at around 40Km/H so no flying Sunday off to bed. Yours Paul T
PS Speedracer2112 I noted that you also have OS alph 81 in your B25 Great .WE have two things in comon
Old 09-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Speedracer2112

PS Speedracer2112 I noted that you also have OS alph 81 in your B25 Great .WE have two things in comon
Best plane I own.

SR

Name:	Qo40108.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1496896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv66745.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1496897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64426.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1496898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13758.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1496899  
Old 09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Speedracer2112

As to the Question of the price,your US dollar is better than ours At a guess it would be about $800 dollas US . Its only Money. They will come down in price after blokes like me get there fix of great planes and they find them harder to sell.
Your right. Its $857.00 USD. The combined kit plus retracts is only $1,190.56 USD. Thats NOT cool! Why do the people in the USA have to pay $700 USD more for the same plane? Shipping would be about the same. Seems like gouging to me.

I think I might drop the whole project just on principle.

SR
Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Quigleywins

Speedracer2112 The Questiion on price The top flite B25 was ,in Australian Dollars, $1045 +$450 for the re-tracts so at $1290 the Lancaster is in the right area of value The B25 was aquired 2Years agio and that what I payed. I am unable to remember the value of our Dollar but I think it was just a little better than what it is now. These are fair dinkum prices as that is what I payed. the B25 later droped to $955 at other hobby outlets . There are very few hear in Australia (B25)s With all the gear in them they are quite expensive . I payed over $700 for the 2 OS Alpa 81s now If I go with the Alpa 56s that will be over a $1200 Aust dollars, servos will depend on what you put in it but they will be all new out of the box. expensive for the control surfaces but still using quality for the rest. This is the major reason why this thing is still in the box. I have 9 new servos left in my collection ( 4 hitec HS-5485HB and 5 spektrum ) so there are one or two left to get. I like the OS motors but the problem here is that I don't have any 56 in stock its a size that I have never aquired.I think I should also state here that I'm not much of a flyer so these things are for a collection. I do have a friend named Norn that Will fly it if I ever get there. Now I hope the other half never find this post . Yours Paul T
Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Speedracer2112

Global/Hobby People have gotta be embarassed by this one. It wouldnt of been so bad if the plane was released in the United States first. Australia got them first. Seems they can make a profit at $1200.00 for the kit and retracts together. We cant here? They can keep their plane. I gotta tell you, this is the first time Ive seen this kind of greed from a distributer. Now they are stuck with the inflated price because of the pre-sales.

I'll try overseas. If I cant get it so be it. I wont be robbed in broad daylight.

SR
Old 09-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Quigleywins

Speedracer2112 Is there a link with the price that you are working off yet in the US ? I like to look and check other prices but I can't find a price anywhere. Yours Paul T
Old 09-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Quigleywins

Well we are at stage 1 well I would be if the mounts for the servos were in the box.There is a bag of blocks but I'm sure there for the undercarrage doors as there is only 8 with hinges. There are12 needed not supplied I would say.Stage one will be after I locate some ply for the Job. Not a good start.

Name:	Ur51990.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1498272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38006.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1498273  
Old 09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
CCFPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a link to the ASM B17 in the U.S. with a price or $1,399.99

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...f-120-b17.html
Old 09-10-2010, 12:37 PM
greeter896

ORIGINAL: CCFPILOT

I believe this price does not include the retracts or struts.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Speedracer2112

ORIGINAL: greeter896

ORIGINAL: CCFPILOT

I believe this price does not include the retracts or struts.
That is correct. The whole kit with everything included is $1200 in Australia. In the USA it is $1950.

SR
Old 09-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Speedracer2112

I hate being the fly in the ointment. I just don't think its right. Oh well.

SR.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree with SpeedRacer. The source cost would be the same. They are charging what they think the market will bear. They seem to forget we live in the "Information Age" and people find this kind of thing out....and resent it.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Quigleywins

Well its out now, Our price is $1290 Aust dollars and thats with the landing gear.NO main wheels in that package but you get 2 tail wheels. One was in the retracts and one in the main box. Has any one put the Question to the outlet yet as they may drop the price or raise the Australian price. I have mine Yours Paul T
Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 PM
nemesis4u

They are arriving here in the USA week of SEPT 20th +/- a few days...

We are dealers for ASM...
Global always has done the right thing in the past...
I am sure there is a reason or rationale....
we will see...

THANKS for the heads up...

www.vqwarbirds.com we are getting in many of the B-17 and Lancasters as well...
we are getting SIERRA to work with us again on the retracts as we believe we can supply SIERRA retracts
for about the same as the ASM units....

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Speedracer2112

ORIGINAL: nemesis4u

They are arriving here in the USA week of SEPT 20th +/- a few days...

We are dealers for ASM...
Global always has done the right thing in the past...
I am sure there is a reason or rationale....
we will see...

THANKS for the heads up...

www.vqwarbirds.com we are getting in many of the B-17 and Lancasters as well...
we are getting SIERRA to work with us again on the retracts as we believe we can supply SIERRA retracts
for about the same as the ASM units....

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
''KEEP 'EM FLYING''
Well I wish I could say I'm still excited about the plane....the whole thing stinks of a used car dealership. Can anyone say "Banana Hobby"!! (I know that stung!!)

ESM can build a 95"B-25 for $450 and a set of retracts for another $150 and that's a fiberglass fusealage and painted graphics. It would be nice if they threw down a B-17!!! With Globals price book ESM is GIVING you a free plane and all you have to do is pay for the shipping!!

I was concerned about the price months ago but still dreamed on. I even suggested that there had to be some "wiggle room" in the price. BOY WAS I RIGHT!!

As for now I'm on the sidelines. I'll be back if the price is corrected equal to Australia's price. My local hobby shop is going to cancel there order also after finding out about the huge price difference.

If I owned a hobby shop, I'd be on the phone asking WTHeck!! I personally think that has happend. You (Thomas) owe it to your costomers to protect them from this kind of behavior and we expect it. I'm know your not setting the price BTW but you do know there is a big problem here.

I've always heard great things about your customer support. Here's your big chance. Fix this one for us.

Sorry boss.

SR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.