Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Ripmax harmony help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 06:22 AM
speedair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripmax harmony help

Hi i got a ripmax harmony twin and the recomended glue for fitting the nose cone is thick cyano. I dont have any of this and desperatly want to fly it this weekend otherwise i might not get the chance for a long time again. So my question is will any two part epoxy secure it in place?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Ripmax harmony help

I would think that if the inside of your nose cone was roughed up a bit with sandpaper, the epoxy might just work fine. Good Luck, Dave
Old 03-26-2009, 11:36 AM
orygg

Hi use sandpaper i front off plane and epox work fine never faling from my plane
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75522.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	1166493  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Mikael-OEMF

I have used epoxy to glue on the nosecone on my Harmony. Regretted it both times. It is rather difficult to get the nosecone off again. Make a detachable nosecone. I.e. screw it on. You'll end up needing access to the nosegear. Twice I have broken the foundation for the nosegear on too rough landings. Several times I have had problems with the weak links.
But good luck with it. Had it up in the air yet? It's a rush. It's a thrill. And what a sound.
7 weeks till I sign off this ship and can go home and get mine in the air again.

Greetings to all the Harmony pilots
Mikael