Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Thisstrangeengine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE:

SWEET!!!
I glued the rest of the ply doublers to the ribs this morning after work, so the left wing panel is ready for glueing together. Once that's finished, I will upload some more pictures.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Warbirdguy

bps,

What airfoil did that come out to be?

WBG
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Clavin01
My Feedback: (193)

Hello All
I was wondering, Does anyone out there is Nosen Land have a set of cowls
They do not intend to use? My 310 is close and I can use my cowls for now
But would like to get a new set as the one's I have are cut up pretty good
by haveing multiple size motors mounted. Let Me know.
Thanks Cliff
Old 03-05-2012, 11:12 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

bps,

WBG
Yeah what airfiol is one this thing? NACA 2412?

Any one switch to a diffrent one like a Clark-YH, or a NACA-2013?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:04 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

bps,

WBG
I have no idea what airfoil Bud Nosen used on this plane. This rib is just drawn to best reflect the plans side view, and the rest of the ribs to match the parts sheet. All of the notches in the ribs are now sized correctly and the entire rib profile cleaned up a bit. Still finishing up on this part.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Clavin01

Hello All
I was wondering, Does anyone out there is Nosen Land have a set of cowls
They do not intend to use? My 310 is close and I can use my cowls for now
But would like to get a new set as the one's I have are cut up pretty good
by haveing multiple size motors mounted. Let Me know.
Thanks Cliff

Give Greg @ G & L Hobbies a call he should be able to ship you a set out fairly quickly
931 528-9312. or you might call Fiberglass Specialties, 479 359-2429, they both have
cowls for the Nosen Cessna 310 available.

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/catalog.htm

http://www.glhobbies.com/acessories/accessories.html

Greg shows a set with the nacelles and tips but I'm fairly sure he will sell just the cowls.........

Bill D.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Warbirdguy

I have done some research and this is what I came up with. The Cessna 310 used a NACA 23018 for the root and a NACA 23015 for the tip. Here is what the root would look like, profile wise. You be the judge on how close it is

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35358.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1735891  
Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 PM
AmishWarlord

LOL thats funny. I just used the NACA 23018 on the plane I'm building now.

Name:	Vt57905.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1735950  
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 AM
bps

Default RE:

Nice work on the research. How much washout if any are you guys planning?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Thisstrangeengine

Washout! What's that? Just kidding... I wasnt planning on any washout myself since there is no mention of it in the instructions. Been thinking about the flaps though and wondering how I might do them. I have to find some pictures of the full scale flaps and try to make them somewhat scale as far as size goes, but I'm thinking of a couple ways of attachment and hinge points. Nothing to share as of yet, but if I come up with something interesting I will post pics. I have one more night at work and then I can get back to work on the left wing panel...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Warbirdguy

On most designs that use a tapered wing, generally speaking, there is no washout. The tapered design is the washout. But, if I was going to put some in reguardless, I would probably do 1 to 2 deg and no more.

About the flap. Im not sure how the full size is. Guess I need to make a trip to the airport lol.

Now, just for fun, can any of you identify this baby? There are hints all over it if you look closely.

Name:	Jh14769.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1736012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38883.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1736013  
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 AM
bps

Default RE:

That was my thinking on the washout as well. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
bps

Default RE:

What are most folks using for wing tubes and sleeves and where is the best place to purchase? Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 PM
AmishWarlord

Just thought of something. Those huge tip tanks. What will washout do with them? Do you tilt them 2 degrees also? If you don't would they cancel out the wasout? Better head over to the jet forums and find out what the T-33 pilots know about oversize tip tanks.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
dwhorn
My Feedback: (28)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking at my glass fuse over the weekend. To make it really look nice ,I want to make some vacuum form molds for
the front and side windows. I assume I have to make a male mold first, then the female. What products can I use to make a quick mold? Your comments and suggestion will be helpfull.

Thanks

Dennis
Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thisstrangeengine

Washout! What's that? Just kidding... I wasnt planning on any washout myself since there is no mention of it in the instructions. Been thinking about the flaps though and wondering how I might do them. I have to find some pictures of the full scale flaps and try to make them somewhat scale as far as size goes, but I'm thinking of a couple ways of attachment and hinge points. Nothing to share as of yet, but if I come up with something interesting I will post pics. I have one more night at work and then I can get back to work on the left wing panel...

Send TooLow a PM he owns a full size Cessna 310 H model I believe, he will tell you all about the flaps.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:49 PM
slevin1
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE:

Hello fellow 310'ers. I am selling my NIB Bud Nosen Cessna 310 kit which I just posted today on RCU.

Saul
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 AM
bps

ORIGINAL: dwhorn

I was looking at my glass fuse over the weekend. To make it really look nice ,I want to make some vacuum form molds for
the front and side windows. I assume I have to make a male mold first, then the female. What products can I use to make a quick mold? Your comments and suggestion will be helpfull.

Thanks

Dennis

If these windows are not very deep say 1/4" or less you can just do a male mold. Would make your job much easier. The mold needs to be polished to remove any scratches and imperfections that will just transfer over to the clear plastic. Most use PETG. I have been considering this fuse option as well but wanted windows as you do. At one time I owned a small industrial vac forming business and our shop built our own tools (molds) using different materials for different jobs. At the temps your going to form at and considering the thickness of the material you have a lot of options including plastic body filler.

I considered making windows using the following method.
1) Make an outside mold of the window areas of the fiberglass fuse. This temporary mold could be made using plaster.
2) Remove this female mold from the fuse and using a material like modelers clay, abs sheet or??? make a boarder around the window mold(s) maybe 1/8" deep or however deep you need the final window to be to fit the fuse properly.
3) Ready to use this temp female mold to cast the male molds your parts will be made from. Using the casting material of your choice fill this female mold with casting material and when it dries you have your mold! Do not forget to use a good mold release at each step, you do not want to bond parts together!

Your mold material could be plastic body filler, plaster, casting resin, or any of the professional casting materials depending upon how much you plan to use your molds. If you have problems with clairity I have even read where others have pulled a very thin plastic over the mold, used a lot of mold release and then made a final pull using the proper material. You need to use a great mold release for this though.

Hope this helps, others may have better ideas!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:53 AM
bps

ORIGINAL: slevin1

Hello fellow 310'ers. I am selling my NIB Bud Nosen Cessna 310 kit which I just posted today on RCU.

Saul
I looked but did not see the ad[&o]
Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Clavin01
My Feedback: (193)

hey bps

The nosen 310 has sold already. []
Old 03-08-2012, 02:37 AM
bps

Default RE:

WOW! Congrats
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 AM
handyman_alw_
My Feedback: (14)

BPS,

I two have a 310 for sale just have not had time to put it on RCU. this one is add rec and batts and go fly. look at my profile and it is the white with blue stripes.

Allen
Old 03-08-2012, 03:23 AM
slevin1
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE:

Sorry guys. I posted it at 6pm EST and sold it by 9pm EST.

I am bowing out of the club. Take care.

Saul
Old 03-08-2012, 03:30 AM
bps

ORIGINAL: handyman_alw_

BPS,

I two have a 310 for sale just have not had time to put it on RCU. this one is add rec and batts and go fly. look at my profile and it is the white with blue stripes.

Allen
Thanks Allen, nice plane but I want to build it myself. Kinda old school in that I enjoy building.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 AM
dwhorn
My Feedback: (28)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bps

ORIGINAL: dwhorn

Thanks

Dennis

If these windows are not very deep say 1/4'' or less you can just do a male mold. Would make your job much easier. The mold needs to be polished to remove any scratches and imperfections that will just transfer over to the clear plastic. Most use PETG. I have been considering this fuse option as well but wanted windows as you do. At one time I owned a small industrial vac forming business and our shop built our own tools (molds) using different materials for different jobs. At the temps your going to form at and considering the thickness of the material you have a lot of options including plastic body filler.

I considered making windows using the following method.
1) Make an outside mold of the window areas of the fiberglass fuse. This temporary mold could be made using plaster.
2) Remove this female mold from the fuse and using a material like modelers clay, abs sheet or??? make a boarder around the window mold(s) maybe 1/8'' deep or however deep you need the final window to be to fit the fuse properly.
3) Ready to use this temp female mold to cast the male molds your parts will be made from. Using the casting material of your choice fill this female mold with casting material and when it dries you have your mold! Do not forget to use a good mold release at each step, you do not want to bond parts together!

Your mold material could be plastic body filler, plaster, casting resin, or any of the professional casting materials depending upon how much you plan to use your molds. If you have problems with clairity I have even read where others have pulled a very thin plastic over the mold, used a lot of mold release and then made a final pull using the proper material. You need to use a great mold release for this though.

Hope this helps, others may have better ideas!

Thanks for your help!

Dennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.